Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    milions of people logging in on a game thats using ancient arhitecture...i doubt you are working in that ''sector'',unless they rebuild wow from the ground up this eint getting fixed
    I literally am a system performance engineer for data centres... They are short changing everybody, and no they wouldn't need to rebuild WoW from the ground up to solve latency issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nope, its not the region that has problems but particular server.
    There's list of dozen of "particular servers" on front page right now, copied from blue post. Can you please stop spouting nonsense when you're obviously clueless?

In a day and age when you can launch thousands of virtual instances less than a second even without human interference, there is no excuse except laziness to have this sort of load problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    milions of people logging in on a game thats using ancient arhitecture...i doubt you are working in that ''sector'',unless they rebuild wow from the ground up this eint getting fixed
    Please do not use buzzwords you don't understand, unless you have anything to do with backend programming or maintenance. There's no such thing as some magical "ancient architecture" that is somehow permanently embedded in some software for now and forever. There are tons other services launched 15 years ago or even older and many of them don't seem to have any "ancient architecture" problems. For example, Google Search was launched 22 years ago.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Not sure why people are shocked or surprised by this. There have been more expansions with launch issues than those without. Just because the last few have been okay doesn't mean this one will be. My advice is to just expect the game to be unplayable for a few days at launch at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    There's list of dozen of "particular servers" on front page right now, copied from blue post. Can you please stop spouting nonsense when you're obviously clueless?

In a day and age when you can launch thousands of virtual instances less than a second even without human interference, there is no excuse except laziness to have this sort of load problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Please do not use buzzwords you don't understand, unless you have anything to do with backend programming or maintenance. There's no such thing as some magical "ancient architecture" that is somehow permanently embedded in some software for now and forever. There are tons other services launched 15 years ago or even older and many of them don't seem to have any "ancient architecture" problems. For example, Google Search was launched 22 years ago.
    Google isnt runing on hardware that causes issues,wow is,look at bethesda games,fallout 76 has the same engine issues that oblivion had in 2006,maybe even before but i didnt play any before

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well tbh most of ull EU servers had problems till like 2 am

so its not like it has been only kazzak

im afraid today will be much worse as lot of people will be logging on for the first time after work today .
    Nope, I have friends on different realms, none of them had issues except for like kazzak and the other one.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no clue what those "problems" were. Can you please stop spouting nonsense when you're obviously clueless?

Most of these realms simply hit player cap making some queues on login but gameplay was ok, maybe bit laggy. I have alts on some of those and you can read people saying they were able to level on those realms without problems.

Real problems were crashing and disconnecting players, and those real problems were mostly touching kazzak and draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i sat in org for 3 hours and just d/ced now stuck on loading screen.
    well at least you made room for someone who did wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    well at least you made room for someone who did wanna play.
    yes, he sat and waited for 3 hours to start playing shadowlands because he DIDN'T want to play

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I feel like if that was all it took, they would shell out for extras easily. No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'
    No they wouldn't. No sane person would, no one is going to buy something they use at high costs for a few hours every couple years. That's insanity.

Most of these realms simply hit player cap making some queues on login but gameplay was ok, maybe bit laggy. I have alts on some of those and you can read people saying they were able to level on those realms without problems.
    Yeah, right, 2 hours queue at evening - i.e. being unable to play before you need to go to sleep is "without problems". At all. /facepalm. Are you even serious or is that some stupid joke I can't understand?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Yeah, right, 2 hours queue at evening - i.e. being unable to play before you need to go to sleep is "without problems". At all. /facepalm. Are you even serious or is that some stupid joke I can't understand?
    Dude, are you even serious? That is like minor issue and consequence of playing on overpopulated server. People from Draenor couldn't play at all for 2 days straight. Ping > 1s, constant disconnects, characters, items, etc loading forever.

Queue and some slight lag (silvermoon) is minor issue compared to that.

Dude, are you even serious? That is like minor issue and consequence of playing on overpopulated server. People from Draenor couldn't play at all for 2 days straight. Ping > 1s, constant disconnects, characters, items, etc loading forever.

im from draenor

i played just fine.

ofc not during prime hours (16-22) but still its something which im accustomed since i moved to Draenor in MoP - WoD was the same (especially WoD when i also had to switch my sleeping patters a bit for first 3 weeks like 3/4 of my guild who did raid) - BfA was easier to log in but hats becaue people didnt like the theme of expansion - Legion was exeption indeed - but i guess thats because of how many milions were careful to return after WoD fiasco .

but had not problem to push in 15 hours of gameplay so far. plus so many people do it this way - we had like 30 people online in guild at 3 am .

Yes, I'm serious. Being unable to login in the only free time I have 3 days in a row is a fucking issue. It is an issue for tons of other people as well because many have similar free time schedule - majority of people happen to work at day and play at evening you know? Other even bigger issues don't make this non-issue. And doesn't bring your "oh, it's only particular servers, everything is fine otherwise" any closer to truth. Go read any new blue posts on Chromie leveling/Thread of Fate on off. site and enjoy how their comment is full of "cool, if only I'd be able to play at all".

Yes, I'm serious. Being unable to login in the only free time I have 3 days in a row is a fucking issue. It is an issue for tons of other people as well because many have similar free time schedule - majority of people happen to work at day and play at evening you know? Other even bigger issues don't make this non-issue. And doesn't bring your "oh, it's only particular servers, everything is fine otherwise" any closer to truth. Go read any new blue posts on Chromie leveling/Thread of Fate on off. site and enjoy how their comment is full of "cool, if only I'd be able to play at all".
    That is your and only your fault for picking full server. As opposed to people picking full server, going thru a entire queue just to get DC, queue again, finally got to game again only to find picking up stuff takes a minute.

Without those queues you would maybe log in faster, only to find out that game is totally unplayable anyways, yeah that would be great solution dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to point out that saying this launch was smooth because others were worse is a very American way of thinking. "Yeah, an ambulance costs a thousands dollars and our police can murder us when it's convenient, but at least we aren't in Ethiopia!" Just because it could be worse doesn't mean it isn't fucking terrible, and this launch was. There shouldn't be two hour waits, no matter if everyone on the planet and their mother was on the same server.

Been unable to play past days due to work. Get on today and its lots of server lag. Eventually it started to work, and right then the servers went down for maintenance. 10/10