Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So Sylvannas is going to take the Jailer's place, right?

I think it's pretty obvious that they'll pull a Lich King 2.0 and after we defeat the Jailer, Sylvannas is going to take his place and be the ruler of the Maw.

I just hope they'll surprise us and don't go this route. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    There must always be... a jailer
    *thunderclap*

Quote Originally Posted by lovechia6 View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that they'll pull a Lich King 2.0 and after we defeat the Jailer, Sylvannas is going to take his place and be the ruler of the Maw.

I just hope they'll surprise us and don't go this route. What do you guys think?
    Fine by me as long as I can visit her :3

Nah Arthas will be the jailer instead. You really think we're going to go all of Shadowlands without Athas?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, knowing they straight up, and confirmed by themselves, copy the MOP plot, on purpose, i can totally see they copying the WtLK plot and patting on their backs saying how awesome and nuanced it is

apparently we only have 4 routes

1- Kerrigan, redemption of some sort
    2- Trapped in the Maw for all eternity
    3- Taking the Janitor place
    4- killed/destroyed, essence dissipated.

There was the whole "going to claim the true throne of power" thing with Azshara that could align. Seemed like it was supposed to be a false flag about her taking the LK's throne.

And then there was the whole thing where Blizzard supposedly trademarked "the lich queen" or whatever.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account

No, I highly doubt that would ever happen. Sylvanas' power comes from Zovaal himself. He could snap his fingers, and she'd be powerless. Zovaal was described by Blizzard as "Titan + +". There's no way Sylvanas would ever be able to become powerful enough to take his place as "The Jailer".
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    No, I highly doubt that would ever happen. Sylvanas' power comes from Zovaal himself. He could snap his fingers, and she'd be powerless. Zovaal was described by Blizzard as "Titan + +". There's no way Sylvanas would ever be able to become powerful enough to take his place as "The Jailer".
    If I have learnt anything in my years playing this game, it's never to say never.

We start out killing gremlins, hogs and kobolds.
    We end up stopping cthun

We start out killing hell boars
    We end up subduing kiljaeden

We start out killing random undead
    We end up killing the Lich King

We start out killing naga
    We end up killing a planet destroying dragon

We start out killing monkeys and fish people
    We end up subduing the best orc to ever grace this world

We start out killing normal orcs
    We end up killing archimonde

We start out killing demons
    We end up killing a death titan

We start out killing each other lul
    We end up killing nzoth in his own lair

Honestly. All I see is an upward progression fueled by clarion call of "hey guys he drops an epic that increases dps by 200! And omg a mount on mythic!!"

I am disappointed that when we zone into the maw they don't announce us like danaerys Targaryen given how many ppl we have sent there who start their dialogue with "pathetic mortal!"
    Last edited by Minikin; 2020-11-24 at 05:26 AM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    The plan all along.

(I always believed in you, Syl.)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I am disappointed that when we zone into the maw they don't announce us like danaerys Targaryen given how many ppl we have sent there who start their dialogue with "pathetic mortal!"
    Hear ye hear ye

The elemental overlord, Bane of the Black dragonflight, bug squisher and enemy of the squids with one eye, Demon Slapper, the prepared, Silvermoon streetsweeper, reburier of the frozen north, The blue menace, Ashbringers wake, Mogu mocker, Trollbane, siege engine of orgrimmar, time traveller, leader of the clans, Titan twister, Eye poker, and soon to be extra dimensional correctional facility reformer has arrived on the premices and is waiting for his loot and mounts.
    Please form a line and have your belongings ready to be looted.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is certain and that is that it will not be a suprise in the end.

The story always ends in dissapointment. Most recently N zoth. We players always come up with the most interesting hooks only to find out it was the most obvious outcome all along.

Its getting annoying, but what can you do with a 12+ game, you can only go that far..

the only way sylvanus takes over the jailer's role is in chains, i.e. she loses her body, powers, allies and is just a banshee tied in chains as the new jailers. And heck, bonus we can have arthas be the one to keep watch on her for eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The plan all along.

(I always believed in you, Syl.)
    The cringe all along.

(I always believed in you, Danuser.)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Either Sylvie will end up dicking the Jailor, or she'll be dicked by him /yawn
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Nah Arthas will be the jailer instead. You really think we're going to go all of Shadowlands without Athas?
    Is there actual evidence of Arthas playing a role or is this just fan speculation? Wish they'd just let him stay dead

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Because we haven't. Who have the player characters(in a group btw), killed on their own from your list? Not C'Thun, Not Kil'jaeden, not Lich King, not Deathwing, Garrosh was a fight where we had no outside help?, not Archimonde, definitely not Argus, and not N'zoth.

We've been a part of a group of characters who took them down and more often than not we've had a particularly powerful NPC or two giving us the aid needed to actually be able to kill/defeat them.

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope she dies betrayed by the Jailer.

I don't believe Blizzard has ever pulled a swerve like that. The writing has never been that complicated. Evil characters are evil characters.

AU-Grom started out as an antagonist, was betrayed, and then tried to aid us. But I would never say Au-Grom was EVIL. He was a warrior and conqueror in a wild land, but believed in honor. Sylvanas crossed the line into evil.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Because we haven't. Who have the player characters(in a group btw), killed on their own from your list? Not C'Thun, Not Kil'jaeden, not Lich King, not Deathwing, Garrosh was a fight where we had no outside help?, not Archimonde, definitely not Argus, and not N'zoth.

We've been a part of a group of characters who took them down and more often than not we've had a particularly powerful NPC or two giving us the aid needed to actually be able to kill/defeat them.
    Danaerys Targaryen didn't go out and fight people in hand to hand combat. Her army and Dothraki did it. And the dragons can't forget those

My point is, of course we had help. But given that we start off as bumbling kobold and hog killers and end up as universe savers on spaceships it is fairly telling.

Put it this way.

"NoTHinG esCAPes tHE mAW

Well....

Except these pathetic mortals...

....who keep taking people in and out...wtf?!"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think she wants to be in charge of a part of a system she wants to overthrow in it’s entirety. She’s gone all Sarah Kerrigan and wants to kill God.

And of course, like Kerrigan she will succeed.