Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Patient Mighty Parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the TREEEEEEES!
    Posts
    226
    Wasn't it speculated that the Machine of Death broke before the Nightmare raid?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Wasn't it speculated that the Machine of Death broke before the Nightmare raid?
    We kill Ursoc in the Emerald Nightmare, and the Ardenweald video showed his soul entering Arden. In fact I believe in a very recent interview, one of the lore devs stated that the Emerald Nightmare took place before the Arbiter was incapacitated.

  3. #43
    The Patient Mighty Parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the TREEEEEEES!
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    We kill Ursoc in the Emerald Nightmare, and the Ardenweald video showed his soul entering Arden. In fact I believe in a very recent interview, one of the lore devs stated that the Emerald Nightmare took place before the Arbiter was incapacitated.
    So the machine had to have broken somewhere during BFA and not Legion. I dunno why most people are thinking that it's Argus (even though Mythic Argus glowed red like the red soul). There was one speculation, which sounds ridiculous, was Genn smashing the lantern to stop Slyvannas in Stormheim.

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    There are night elves from the burning of Teldrasil in the maw, means that the machine broke prior to BFA and after Ysera's death since she doesn't go to the maw, but ends up in Ardenweald.

    So after Ursocs defeat and before the burning of Teldrasil is our mortal timeline. I think the timeline puts a wrench in some of the theories.

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    So the machine had to have broken somewhere during BFA and not Legion. I dunno why most people are thinking that it's Argus (even though Mythic Argus glowed red like the red soul). There was one speculation, which sounds ridiculous, was Genn smashing the lantern to stop Slyvannas in Stormheim.
    Not necessarily, it just means the wheel of death broke sometime after the first patch of Legion.

    I think us killing Helya did it. She was tied to death as the first valkyr, she made a pact with Sylvanas we aren't privy of the details for. I think we were urged along a path to kill Helya so she can bork the arbiter on her way in. She was also shoehorned into the intro, so there's that as well.

  6. #46
    It was obviously an ion blast from a star destroyer which had an emp effect on the Arbiter (which shows it was an android)

  7. #47
    Clearly a mage was fucking around with portals and was tossing fireballs through them for shits and giggles.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    /yawn... wake me when one of these actually tells us something. The idea that after 'uncounted eons' ANY single thing would break this is idiotic. After all that time, everything would have happened. But this is special! yeah, right.
    well if the theory that the soul was argus,than that would be pretty reasonable,i dont think any titan ever died before him,the pantheon's souls(essences?) were traped by sargeras

    so a very powerful soul that had the almost infnite bad experiences that argus had could have probably shortcircuited the arbiter,that thing is clearly some kind of machine just like the keepers were made by titans,the arbiter was proly made by the first ones

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    If we're to go purely by the colour of whatever that was, it could be Denathrius at play - or Argus the Unmaker. Remember, Blizzard have stated that Mythic encounters are the ones representative of the lore fights, and Argus was a glaring shade of red by the time we struck him down. What if his soul - a World Soul corrupted by demonic power - was too much for the Arbiter to handle?
    Yes but no. Argus was red in the Mythic Phase yes, but in the cinematic, you can see its soul or stellar-shape-whatever-it-is, and it's back to blue.




    What if... It was simply Sargeras' ? Devs said it happened recently, but they never said it was something we knew about, right ? What if something happened after the portal of the Seat closed, something between Illidan "breaking Sargeras free" because he just wanted to kill him and not keep him imprisoned. Something could have gone bad in the Seat, killing either Illidan and his blindfolded (heh) hatred, or Sargeras.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    ??? literally 1 minute clip of lore within the first hour of questing.
    I just hate the entire premise of this expansion.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    I just hate the entire premise of this expansion.
    Yeah you don’t mess with the after life
    avatar by artist astri lohne

  12. #52
    Knowing it broke after Ursoc, but before Teldrassil, you can't rule out Xavius if you're sticking to the red theme.
    Also, I'm still thinking the Arbiter isn't alive, but is instead a construct. That originally the Jailer controlled a single afterlife that either sucked or made him too powerful to the first ones. And to stop him he was captured, heart ripped out (big chest hole), the Arbiter was constructed from his heart (black orb in her chest), and the afterlife was split up to deny him anima to suppress him or anyone else from getting that powerful again.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    To expand on that, Argus was being tormented by Sargeras, who was under Natherizm influence... who are probably servants of the Jailer or Sire. It all kind of adds up, as if they wanted us to actually kill Argus.
    I'm starting to think this is definitely true, but there's one part that still confuses me.

    Varimathras turned against Sylvanas, and was tortured by the Legion for his failure. But Sylvanas was working for the Jailer, who presumably would be Varimathras' boss. Depending on the timeline, maybe he betrayed her prior to her contact with the Jailer, but then we're considering that the Dreadlords don't know who is/isn't a future ally of the Jailer.

    Which brings us to our next point: Sylvanas was confirmed to be in touch with the Jailer since the end of Wrath. How is it possible that the Jailer, from within his cell, managed to create a multi-universal plot, which manipulates both the existence of multiple timelines AND souls of already-dead Azerothians he has no way to know has died, to defeat a Titan he had no way to know existed, in order to crush the Arbiter? Put this together with the fact that his Dreadlords don't know who he plans to manipulate (proven via Mal'ganis and Varimathras attacking his potential agents, including Mal'ganis who knew about the powers of Frostmourne and just not Arthas' betrayal we presume) and we have a recipe which simply doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-11-24 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  14. #54
    Immortal Templar 331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Waycross, GA
    Posts
    7,964
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol please no. He's so low on the scale. He only corrupted the Emerald Dream with help from others.
    And Arthus was only the Lich King because of the Scourge. What's your point?

  15. #55
    I thought Argus or something to do with Sarge's sword, but blizz said titans return to their own plane upon death. Would that include Helya? Maybe Sargera's sword had a really powerful mortal soul in it

  16. #56
    Maybe the sword stabbing Azeroth actually killed the world soul?

    I mean, we all gathered a lot of Azerite, with Magni's blessing! The world is still bleeding!

  17. #57
    Blademaster BDu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    It was a blast of anima

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    It looks like one soul in particular broke death. Any ideas of which soul that was?
    It was Argus that broke it, the only thing that lines up.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    this was a waste of time. it told us nothing important.
    If you don't like using your imagination and want all your information blatantly handed to you, may I suggest the 2020 Election coverage instead?

  20. #60
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    And Arthus was only the Lich King because of the Scourge. What's your point?
    My point is Xavius isn't that big or important of a character. He's dead, killed off in a pre-tier raid.
    Certainly was more impactful in the books though, but still, Azshara was way bigger than him, and I can think of a host of other individuals that are far bigger.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •