Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The leveling experience intro is terribly bad in my opinion

What was blizzard thinking? No mounts, slow slow slow walking, sneaking, NPCs spamming entire books of text before you can move on without any voice acting, obnoxious cutscenes. This is the worst intro to leveling in a new expansion I've seen, and I usually like the new leveling experiences, but this is BAD.

It had voice acting on beta but blizzard is a small indie dev what can you do about errors like this.

There is some but there is tons of text too, this is so insanely boring, it never ends

Yeah, it's not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all of the text was voice acted for me. You are probably turning quests in too soon. If you want to hear the voice acting you have to wait until they stop talking to turn the quests in. I think it was okay. On par with Legion and BFA one. WoD intro is still the best tho imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an introduction to a zone you'll spent a lot of time in later and won't have access to mounts either. Have no issue with it relaxed levelling for me no rush, not crowded not contesting over mobs and items.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    What was blizzard thinking? No mounts, slow slow slow walking, sneaking, NPCs spamming entire books of text before you can move on without any voice acting, obnoxious cutscenes. This is the worst intro to leveling in a new expansion I've seen, and I usually like the new leveling experiences, but this is BAD.
    Are you talking about the brand new character one or the intro sequence for Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Are you talking about the brand new character one or the intro sequence for Shadowlands?
    Intro sequence for shadowlands, the brand new character one was nice in my opinion.

Something must be buggy for you, or you're turning quests in too fast. Everything was voice acted for me, and I made it out of the Maw in like 30 minutes or so.

I thought the intro was superb. But I can see how the mindless, gogogo mindset would have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Something must be buggy for you, or you're turning quests in too fast. Everything was voice acted for me, and I made it out of the Maw in like 30 minutes or so.

I thought the intro was superb. But I can see how the mindless, gogogo mindset would have a problem with it.
    I can see how the mindless "Lets not think about how the story fits together too hard" would love it as well.

This. Intro is quite nice, not WoD level nice, but still good

10+ Year Old Account

Probably has sound and dialogue turned off if i had to guess.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your addons must be messing up your game because mine had voice-acting, the area is packed so no mounts didn't make any difference. Took like 30 minutes for me and two others.

Can't we still used our Chauffeur mount?

And yeah, it's generic and cookie cutter but it's not made for veteran players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    This. Intro is quite nice, not WoD level nice, but still good
    WoD had fairly crowded if not buggy garrison area straight after the intro, so that ruined the experience somewhat on launch day.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Voice acting sound files not playing is a common bug, I'm getting it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was completely voice acted for me. Sounds like you rushed through it and didn’t let the game process the sound files. That’s what you get for being a sheep who must consooooom as fast as possible for your precious max level “social experience”

Play the game for the story, mate. Stop and smel the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Was completely voice acted for me. Sounds like you rushed through it and didn’t let the game process the sound files. That’s what you get for being a sheep who must consooooom as fast as possible for your precious max level “social experience”

Play the game for the story, mate. Stop and smel the roses.
    If you play the game for the story, you need to stop and find something that has a story, read a book, play a game with an actual story, anything.

Back on topic once you get out of The maw it's way way way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    If you play the game for the story, you need to stop and find something that has a story, read a book, play a game with an actual story, anything.

Back on topic once you get out of The maw it's way way way better.
    I can’t imagine playing this game for anything other than the story. After 10 years the gameplay is completely uninteresting and predictable, and I have zero interest in the “social experience”. I pity people who feel the need to feel a part of something “bigger” with others. What sheeple
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2020-11-24 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I can’t imagine playing this game for anything other than the story. After 10 years the gameplay is completely uninteresting and predictable, and I have zero interest in the “social experience”. I pity people who feel the need to feel a part of something “bigger” with others. What sheeple
    In my opinion wows story peaked a long long time ago, and it's best suited for people aged 8 and below nowdays, but if you enjoy it I won't stop you. Don't act like you know why I play the game though.

My problem is with the flow of gameplay, a game is something you play, not something you sit and watch/read/listen to, that's a Movie/book/podcast. I prefer my quests to have 80% or more gameplay, not 90% standing around while text scrolls by. Once past the maw the game is just fine.