Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    O rly?
    The medical profession would like to have a word with you.
    No shit. It can take from 11-15 to be come a doctor. 4 year undergrad, 4 year medical school, then 3-7 years of residency and specialization if one chooses. Minus 4 if you go back to be one and already have your undergrad. That still places it at 7 years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Woe betide you don't enthrone the horde as gods above all, the horde fanboi crowd on MMO champion would crucify as a warning to any potential writer who doesn't make them come off good.

    Ofc, when you shit on the alliance, you make them happy and your job is safe - at least as long as blizzard keep listening to the biased and very loud hardcore horde fanbase rather than use their heads and write both factions well for the story.

    Golden' ofc is not at fault, she doesn't determine that the horde come off bad, or the end results and plot of the story, she gets told what happens, and she is suppose to flesh it out and make it engaging. if the plot is terrible or you don't like the outcome, it isn't Golden's fault at all, cos she doesn't decide that. That's an Afrisiabi/Danuser problem.
    I agree with you, there is no point shitting on Golden. The same fanboys use to love her when she use to exclusively write horde stories, but woah, a story that an alliance character looks amazing or enviable or the horde isn't your white knight and she swings from so called fan favourite (which in reality is horde fan favourite) to hated (i.e. hated by horde fan bois)

    - - - Updated - - -


    She can't butcher the lore, she doesn't decide such things. If that's why you hate her, it's pointless.
    From my experience here, it's really becasue she's a woman is why she gets the hate.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I think that was legitimately something the whole creative department came up with as opposed to just him coming up with it, spur of the moment.
    Considering they fucked that up so badly as it was utterly unclear from the game to the point where they had to explain it on social media, that also reflects on the individuals of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I think they really just didn't want to deal with the can of worms multiple timelines / parallel universes opens up so they decided those things simply can't exist in a greater capacity, and our reality is the only REAL reality.
    The bloody irony is precisely that it would have been simpler to assume that an AU counterpart for everything exists.

    You have to look at this way:
    In theory, all alternate realities could team up, get into the Twisting Nether and fuck the Burning Legion to pieces there, as infinite Universes eixst but only one Twisting Nether.
    Not to mention that a Demon then needs to constantly present in every Universe for that Universe to make remotely sense, there are multiple universes similiar to ours, meaning that every demon that has intefered into the story of our Timeline needs to also intefere into that of the similiar ones.
    Which is pretty tricky when there is only one demon, imagine how many times Mannoroth must have shown up during the Third War of every timeline only then to an Axe to the chest from Grom?
    One assumes he'd learn from that, which however then would fundamentally alter that timeline.

    Not to menion that it means of beings that start off as Mortals, then become demons (such Eredar).

    It's a complete clusterfuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Either way, is Afrasiabi the first big timer to leave quietly?
    Can't think of one more known veteran at Blizzard who at least didn't have some sort of announcement on Twitter or anywhere else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freeghost View Post
    Dont u think that he might have learned something during those 15 years ? Plus you dont have the slightest idea what he did those 15 years apart from some small shit in vanilla.
    It's possible, but considering Blizzard has been heavily hiring people into the story department and him just slowly fading into background without any announcement, implies that he may have been not the best person for the job.

    And as a creative director, one can assume that he has worked on the overarching story of Warcraft and looking back at the last ~10 years of Lore, it's not something i'd want my name on it.

    I mean, let's compare it to Metzen, a guy who has had no real experience in terms of storytelling, when he left, he got a fucking statue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-30 at 06:18 PM.

  3. #183
    I am Murloc! Radaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by heef View Post
    BREAKING: People change jobs sometimes
    16 yrs 4 months.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post

    From my experience here, it's really becasue she's a woman is why she gets the hate.
    There is that too - although I'm not sure how much of it is misogynist atmosphere or woke rebellion. It should be, cos they use to love her, this is why i suspect its faction based.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Woe betide you don't enthrone the horde as gods above all, the horde fanboi crowd on MMO champion would crucify as a warning to any potential writer who doesn't make them come off good.

    Ofc, when you shit on the alliance, you make them happy and your job is safe - at least as long as blizzard keep listening to the biased and very loud hardcore horde fanbase rather than use their heads and write both factions well for the story.

    Golden' ofc is not at fault, she doesn't determine that the horde come off bad, or the end results and plot of the story, she gets told what happens, and she is suppose to flesh it out and make it engaging. if the plot is terrible or you don't like the outcome, it isn't Golden's fault at all, cos she doesn't decide that. That's an Afrisiabi/Danuser problem.
    I agree with you, there is no point shitting on Golden. The same fanboys use to love her when she use to exclusively write horde stories, but woah, a story that an alliance character looks amazing or enviable or the horde isn't your white knight and she swings from so called fan favourite (which in reality is horde fan favourite) to hated (i.e. hated by horde fan bois)

    - - - Updated - - -


    She can't butcher the lore, she doesn't decide such things. If that's why you hate her, it's pointless.
    Saying that a Senior Writer at Blizzard has no deciding power is such a ridiculous thing to say. I hate her because her writing has always sucked and Anduin has become and even more unbearable character since she joined the writing team.

  6. #186
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,066
    I don't know what is more cringeworthy, Golden (and her boss Danuser)'s writing, or her... um, fans who try to deflect any criticism by labelling it as sexism
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Not surprising.

    I can't imagine trying to carry this game if you had a soul or were not fresh to the industry. I'm sure the new guys are excited.

    But man shadowlands is a beautiful beautiful game... with near mobile levels of game play now.

    You will never be challenged unless you seek it out.
    You will never be surprised.
    You won't get excited over stats much.

    It's bums me out. After legion being semi decent at certain points... I was hoping we'd get another decent one but if you take away the flashy graphics... its BFA levels again.

    I know its still early and people will go raiding isnt out and not many people are 60. Thats fine and I'm sure they will be fun the first few times. I am talking from a core gameplay level that is in every aspect of the game at all times.
    Quoted for truth. I came back at the end of BfA. I hit 60 last week. I log in to finish my chores, not to play the game. I'm burnt out already.

    I collect the anima.
    I get the renown ranks.
    I get the main stat/stamina/secondary one/secondary two gear.
    I press the hotkey when it lights up.
    This is the game for the next two-plus years.
    DISHES ARE DONE BLIZZ CAN I GO OUTSIDE NOW?

    The game gives you a list of everything you need to do, down to the smallest detail. PvP seems alright and the only place where there's any semblance of player agency. The entire gameplay philosophy feels like it's been designed around engagement metrics and statistics and is completely soulless.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    Quoted for truth. I came back at the end of BfA. I hit 60 last week. I log in to finish my chores, not to play the game. I'm burnt out already.

    I collect the anima.
    I get the renown ranks.
    I get the main stat/stamina/secondary one/secondary two gear.
    I press the hotkey when it lights up.
    This is the game for the next two-plus years.
    DISHES ARE DONE BLIZZ CAN I GO OUTSIDE NOW?

    The game gives you a list of everything you need to do, down to the smallest detail. PvP seems alright and the only place where there's any semblance of player agency. The entire gameplay philosophy feels like it's been designed around engagement metrics and statistics and is completely soulless.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this. A lot of times it seems like I have a VERY different view on things in WoW than the general playerbase. So it's good to see others recognizing how dull the game feels right now.

  9. #189
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,947
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Saying that a Senior Writer at Blizzard has no deciding power is such a ridiculous thing to say.
    A senior writer who doesn’t work on the lore team and has already laid out what she actually does at blizzard? Not ridiculous at all unless again you have something to point to her lying about her role in the company.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I don't know what is more cringeworthy, Golden (and her boss Danuser)'s writing, or her... um, fans who try to deflect any criticism by labelling it as sexism
    Some times It makes you wonder.

    you have two very public writers one who has said multiple time they don’t decide the lore Or even work on that team, and one that’s constantly talking about the lore direction and doing interviews about said direction. Yet the former is used as a scape goat and painted with every brush possible rather that be ruining the lore forcing characters down our throats injecting wow with social justice.

    While there are likely many different reasons people do so it does make one wonder from time to time.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    While Afrasiabi getting the boot is great news, the replacement doesnt exactly give much hope.
    This statement is the exact reason we've been getting the exact same shit from companies like Blizzard, Nintendo and Disney for 20 years.

    Change is inevitable. Learn to live with it, or you will be subsumed by it.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this. A lot of times it seems like I have a VERY different view on things in WoW than the general playerbase. So it's good to see others recognizing how dull the game feels right now.
    There is truth in it.. I mean when I finnish the shores I am always like: Oke we r good so now lets play the game.. it ends up doing something stupid that in the end wasnt realy fun.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    A senior writer who doesn’t work on the lore team and has already laid out what she actually does at blizzard? Not ridiculous at all unless again you have something to point to her lying about her role in the company.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Some times It makes you wonder.

    you have two very public writers one who has said multiple time they don’t decide the lore Or even work on that team, and one that’s constantly talking about the lore direction and doing interviews about said direction. Yet the former is used as a scape goat and painted with every brush possible rather that be ruining the lore forcing characters down our throats injecting wow with social justice.

    While there are likely many different reasons people do so it does make one wonder from time to time.
    I don't believe for a second that she has no pull. It makes NO sense if she's a senior writer in title. Also, calling someone sexist without the person being accused making any sexist comments is childish and does nothing but try to invalidate a person's opinion.

  13. #193
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

    you have two very public writers one who has said multiple time they don’t decide the lore Or even work on that team, and one that’s constantly talking about the lore direction and doing interviews about said direction. Yet the former is used as a scape goat and painted with every brush possible rather that be ruining the lore forcing characters down our throats injecting wow with social justice.

    While there are likely many different reasons people do so it does make one wonder from time to time.
    Statement A: Golden is a senior writer at Blizz.

    Statement B: Golden doesn’t get to decide anything when it comes to writing.

    I hope you see the HUGE contradiction between both statements, because if you don't, pretty much nothing you say about this particular issue can be taken seriously. Sure, Golden may not have a final say (that's probably Danuser), but trying to paint her as a mere typewriter grunt simply doesn't fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  14. #194
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,947
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't believe for a second that she has no pull. It makes NO sense if she's a senior writer in title. Also, calling someone sexist without the person being accused making any sexist comments is childish and does nothing but try to invalidate a person's opinion.
    You can have job titles that are the same to cover different areas, from the sound of it she’s the senior writer for cinematics, novels/novellas, song lyrics ect which would mean she has pull when it comes to how those things come out but not the story in of it’s self as she work work on the lore team. not really a hard concept to grasp unless you think those are one man jobs or like the overwatch or diablo lore writers have some sort of pull on where wows story goes.

    As to rather some one sexist or not all I’m saying is that it’s rather suspect when they latch onto a women writer and attribute any negative they can to them based on absolutely nothing like say how you did earlier in the thread.

    It doesn’t have to be sexism though it could be any number of other things that invalidate an opinion which in this case would be the fact that Golden’s already laid out her job role and the teams she’s not on.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    He also was the guy that tweeted "There is only one Legion across all realities" (which is just bad) - i still remember how WoWpedia had an extra (alternate Universe) page for every demon that appeared in WoD (such as Mannoroth) and then deleted all of them shortly after he tweeted that.
    The tweet that destroyed everything.

  16. #196
    Afrasiabi probably couldn't handle being a corporate drone crushed under the heels of the top pods that be. He's a cool, creative dude, and there's no place for people like him in a rigid corp. Best of luck

  17. #197
    Wow storytelling was never great, just hope it won't fall lower, but the replacement is not giving me much hope.

  18. #198
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Statement A: Golden is a senior writer at Blizz.

    Statement B: Golden doesn’t get to decide anything when it comes to writing.

    I hope you see the HUGE contradiction between both statements, because if you don't, pretty much nothing you say about this particular issue can be taken seriously. Sure, Golden may not have a final say (that's probably Danuser), but trying to paint her as a mere typewriter grunt simply doesn't fly.
    You have no idea how big company works do you?

    Statement A:Golden is a senior writer at blizz working on the CDev/SFD team.

    Statement B: Golden doesn’t get to decide what teams she’s not on do.

    There’s no contradiction if you have even a passing knowledge of how big company’s and job titles work just like there’s no contradiction in statement C or D In regards to B.

    Statement C: Peter crook’s (Diablo) is a senior writer at blizz, see statement B.

    Statement D:Michael Chu (overwatch) is a senior writer at blizz, see statement B.

    Just because some one has the title senior writer doesn’t mean they have say one a team they don’t even work for I mean really why should any one take you seriously when you can’t even grasp that simple concept?

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Saying that a Senior Writer at Blizzard has no deciding power is such a ridiculous thing to say. I hate her because her writing has always sucked and Anduin has become and even more unbearable character since she joined the writing team.
    Not on plot, she can influence, she can propose a direction, but ultimately, she doesnt decide. The guys with the huge egos do pointless to blame her, if she was the source of the plot, they okayed it and werent good enough to see it was bad, still lies on them
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You have no idea how big company works do you?

    Statement A:Golden is a senior writer at blizz working on the CDev/SFD team.

    Statement B: Golden doesn’t get to decide what teams she’s not on do.

    There’s no contradiction if you have even a passing knowledge of how big company’s and job titles work just like there’s no contradiction in statement C or D In regards to B.

    Statement C: Peter crook’s (Diablo) is a senior writer at blizz, see statement B.

    Statement D:Michael Chu (overwatch) is a senior writer at blizz, see statement B.

    Just because some one has the title senior writer doesn’t mean they have say one a team they don’t even work for I mean really why should any one take you seriously when you can’t even grasp that simple concept?
    She is a Senior Writer at Blizzard working on Wow, SC and Overwatch. As a Senior, at one point or another, her word has weight, not maybe the final say, but still some weight.

    She is not the worst, but she is far from being a great writer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •