Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It wasn't my thread and the replies are what they are. It's an awful topic, but trying to hide from it when this whole website basically exists because of Blizzard's games is pathetic.
    The front page has a post about it and links to an article discussing it. The website is not trying to hide it. It is just trying to keep rule breaking responses/stuff to a minimum.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The front page has a post about it and links to an article discussing it. The website is not trying to hide it. It is just trying to keep rule breaking responses/discussion to a minimum.
    Which is buried in its post, a post which will disappear from the front page long before this discussion dies down in the larger community. And I've seen discussions get much worse and go on for much longer before getting closed down, when they were relevant - I don't want to get specific and derail but I'm looking over at that politics subsection. I don't really think it's a conspiracy, I'm just frustrated by the heavy handed reaction.

  3. #283
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think it was your thread; it was the replies. sometimes topics can go downhill really quickly due to users posting shit against the rules
    I still believe both this website and wowhead - biggest blizzard fan websites - need to post many wrongs in blizzard they ignoring
    Bobby Kodick made a goldmine of horrible interviews during early days of acti-blizz merge and prior to it, yet u can't find a trace of it on either websites, u can find them however on the now - sadly dead - wowinsider, and wowinsider btw was a very positive blog about wow, but it didn't hide reality about who is doing what
    Most ppl here think of EA as the biggest evil gaming company (or in world in general), while even EA at its worst never despised us as much as Kodick did (i write his name wrong on purpose, if someone thinks of me lower than a bug, he can go f8ck himself)
    I'm sad but not really surprised to see what became of blizz now under leadership of a guy who maybe the most video-game hater ever i saw, he only cares about his massive paycheck, we are for him idiots with cash he needs to squeeze every last penny from us and be done
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I wouldn't blame Christie Golden for narrative direction. That blame falls squarely on that bald fat fuck Danuser, the Sylvanas simp that wrote himself into the storyline and has probably destroyed more of the IP's goodwill than any other individual

    Golden, and to a larger extent Madeline Rioux or however the fuck you spell it can get fucked for dragging wow through culture war bullshit. Especially Madeline, she's a legitimate racist and sexist piece of shit
    at least 4 writers in current wow staff are horrible racists, the poster picture of feminazis, i made a thread about it (just discovered that myself yesterday) and got closed immediately, something that i admit didn't expect here and it made me sad
    Ironic Golden isn't one of those 4, seems she is actually a good writer forced under horrible direction, it would explain why her early books were great and some of best books of warcraft universe ever
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Which is buried in its post, a post which will disappear from the front page long before this discussion dies down in the larger community. And I've seen discussions get much worse and go on for much longer before getting closed down, when they were relevant - I don't want to get specific and derail but I'm looking over at that politics subsection. I don't really think it's a conspiracy, I'm just frustrated by the heavy handed reaction.
    The politics subsection is its own thing with different rules. Front page posts will eventually get "bumped" but the discussion lasts as long as people keep posting. Is evident by this thread getting posts after 3 months of nothing. And it went 4 months of nothing before the bump today.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The politics subsection is its own thing with different rules. Front page posts will eventually get "bumped" but the discussion lasts as long as people keep posting. Is evident by this thread getting posts after 3 months of nothing. And it went 4 months of nothing before the bump today.
    Then maybe the discussion belongs there. It belongs on this website.

  6. #286
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The front page has a post about it and links to an article discussing it. The website is not trying to hide it. It is just trying to keep rule breaking responses/stuff to a minimum.
    they banning our response, they probably only posted it to ban anyone who keep talking about it...
    if they have np with it, they shouldn't ban any response about it, well any actual response not a response of pure garbage insults (also i still understand if someone lost his nerves and just went in rage, i myself have his life massively invested in warcraft to see it fall to this state, it hurts my life itself)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  7. #287
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,072
    So yeah, now we know why Afrasiabi left Blizzard suddenly and deleted his social media, he is quoted on the lawsuit as basically being a creep and harassing young female Blizzard employees.
    Also that explains why J. Allen Brack just went live yesterday into the Game Maker's Notebook podcast for 1 hour to talk about female rights and the "inclusion" Blizzard is doing .. they are on active damage control.

  8. #288
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Then maybe the discussion belongs there. It belongs on this website.
    we are talking about gaming company, not politics
    politics sub-forum should be about actual politics, like US elections or Russia invading Crimera or whatever, but when u talk about a writer who is ruining wow due to his political pov, that isn't 'politics', that is still wow getting f8cked because of someone's brain is wrong, and that wrong happens to be 'politic'
    If wow is ruined because someone has no arm and insist on work solo on programming wow next exp, will that be politic or wow topic?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if they have np with it, they shouldn't ban any response about it, well any actual response not a response of pure garbage insults
    This is funny considering you just complained about having posts removed/locked when using pure garbage insults.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    at least 4 writers in current wow staff are horrible racists, the poster picture of feminazis, i made a thread about it (just discovered that myself yesterday) and got closed immediately, something that i admit didn't expect here and it made me sad
    Ironic Golden isn't one of those 4, seems she is actually a good writer forced under horrible direction, it would explain why her early books were great and some of best books of warcraft universe ever
    I think if you unironically use the term feminazi we are morally allowed to dismiss anything you say. The fact that you consider the cringe #Girlboss Roux does as actual sexism makes me want to revoke your man card.

  11. #291
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,035
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think if you unironically use the term feminazi we are morally allowed to dismiss anything you say. The fact that you consider the cringe #Girlboss Roux does as actual sexism makes me want to revoke your man card.
    I don't know whether Roux' tweets qualify as "sexist" or not, but they are certainly disgusting. If it was a male employee/contractor posting similar BS about females (or about anyone, for that matter), he'd probably be fired on the spot and possibly sued - and deservedly so. But in the case of Ms. Roux, being a cousin to one of Blizz bigwigs might be a thing, I guess...

    More on topic, the reasons for Afrasiabi's silent depart and posterior disappearance from social media might be clearer now. Why is it that those who engage so hard in virtue signaling often end up being the biggest hypocrites?
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by heef View Post
    BREAKING: People change jobs sometimes
    yeah,but when the core of the company and literaly every face of the company starts to leave one after another in quick succesion,its kinda a bad sign,its not just one or two people that randomly decided to just change companies for the heck of it

  13. #293
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But in the case of Ms. Roux, being a cousin to one of Blizz bigwigs might be a thing, I guess...
    Is this an actually thing? I've seen sam spreading it around but couldn't find even a hint to back it up.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  14. #294
    So Kaplan left very quickly.

    Does this mean…?

    Hopefully not. He’s actually a good game dev. Hate to see him blacklisted.

  15. #295
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    So Kaplan left very quickly.

    Does this mean…?

    Hopefully not. He’s actually a good game dev. Hate to see him blacklisted.
    Calls Morhaime into question to there's no way he wouldn't be aware if this stuff was going on since 2013.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I don't know whether Roux' tweets qualify as "sexist" or not, but they are certainly disgusting. If it was a male employee/contractor posting similar BS about females (or about anyone, for that matter), he'd probably be fired on the spot and possibly sued - and deservedly so. But in the case of Ms. Roux, being a cousin to one of Blizz bigwigs might be a thing, I guess...
    "If the sociocultural context was entirely reversed, it would be as bad!" Like I won't pretend there's much laudable depth to Roux "Mmm actually white men suck" snark because it's not a hot take and I really don't believe that making the whole idea that white men are the most privileged and fragile group into a snappy twitter moment has any value, but I also won't treat seriously any fake outrage over her being "sexist and racist". It has the same energy as being outraged by "men ain't shit" posts.

    More on topic, the reasons for Afrasiabi's silent depart and posterior disappearance from social media might be clearer now. Why is it that those who engage so hard in virtue signaling often end up being the biggest hypocrites?
    Indeed hypocrites by definition, but just as harmful than other men that are vocal about their shitty views. A person can pretend to be as progressive as they want, or be upfront about how they see others truly, either way if they are to be a predator, they will be.

  17. #297
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    23,030
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    or they're fired for repeatedly sexually harassing female employees
    Perhaps that was the case, but most people seemed to be previously framing this as a "WoW is dying, so he left" when it seems more like it may potentially be "he was actively making things worse on the inside, so they fired him" now.

    At any rate, if he (and other blizzard employees) were sexually harassing people... good riddance.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    So yeah, now we know why Afrasiabi left Blizzard suddenly and deleted his social media, he is quoted on the lawsuit as basically being a creep and harassing young female Blizzard employees.
    Also that explains why J. Allen Brack just went live yesterday into the Game Maker's Notebook podcast for 1 hour to talk about female rights and the "inclusion" Blizzard is doing .. they are on active damage control.
    It's almost like I said it 8 months ago and literally nobody believed me lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I can't tell you how I know, not that people will trust me as this is the internet(specifically mmo-c) but he was released because of Sexual Harassment back in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Calls Morhaime into question to there's no way he wouldn't be aware if this stuff was going on since 2013.
    Morhaime, Metzen, Frank Pearce, heck even Samwise... some of the Blizzard Old Guard who I have a real fear knew what was going on and turned a blind eye to it. I want to remain hopeful that some/all of these guys weren't in on the disgusting behavior. Whether or not they were... Blizz is definitely not the Disneyland of Gaming any more.

    One could probably power the entire California electrical grid with the steam coming out of the PR Departments' heads at ActiBlizz right now...

  20. #300
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This is funny considering you just complained about having posts removed/locked when using pure garbage insults.
    which post exactly was just garbage insults and not actually informative that i complained about exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's almost like I said it 8 months ago and literally nobody believed me lol
    and how did u know?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Morhaime, Metzen, Frank Pearce, heck even Samwise... some of the Blizzard Old Guard who I have a real fear knew what was going on and turned a blind eye to it.
    interesting point i never thought about
    who is old blizz team actually know and/or embraced that behavior? or at least was ok with it?
    rose-tainted glasses need to be removed, corruption that degree is no way not known by old higher ups... or it can (hopefully) and i'm wrong?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •