Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Again, where is that in this 17 page thread? That was my question and you started foaming at the mouth..
    Referenced in the two posts previous to your original post asking that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53295757
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53295765
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

Anyway, the guy was just asking for proof. If there isn't any it's a pointless case. If there is, let's see it then.
    he asked for proof right under people presenting proof, like, I can't fucking help you people read what you don't want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I thought that was the name for Afrasabi's office room.
    But can you explain why the report speaks of "Crosby"? Is this the suite's name now?
    Crosby is a typo, it should indeed be "Cosby", named for shamed comedian and sexual predator Bill Cosby. The name given to the hotel suite was an in-joke between the people who went to the afterparty. I believe there's even a photo somewhere of a whole bunch of "the lads" all drunk and collapsed over each other in the room with the portrait of Cosby in the middle of them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why do people get worked up over things like this?

14 years in the same place is A VERY VERY L O N G TIME..

Here in Denmark, ON AVERAGE, 24% of the work force, change to a new company, every single year.
    I.e. that means that average time people stay in the same company is 4 years and 2 months.
    you completely missed the entire fucking point of why his length of employment was brought up, let me educate you:

the lawsuit going on right now is based on a 2 year investigation, a lot of the testimony from people 'in the wild' comes from well before this, meaning that the work environment and people involved have been doing this kind of thing for a very long time without much if any repercussions.

MEANING that the 14 years he was at the company, much of that time he was left to his own devices and was able to get away with this behaviour and that it took this long to get him out of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    In hindsight it seems pretty ridiculous that they stopped working with Method after the accusations agains MethodJosh.
    That guy was right up their alley
    Josh got caught, they didn't till now

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Crosby is a typo, it should indeed be "Cosby", named for shamed comedian and sexual predator Bill Cosby. The name given to the hotel suite was an in-joke between the people who went to the afterparty. I believe there's even a photo somewhere of a whole bunch of "the lads" all drunk and collapsed over each other in the room with the portrait of Cosby in the middle of them all.
    Ah, okay. I was considering that, but deemed it unlikely because it was written two times this way. But they must've been copy pasted the name.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well hopefully Blizzard actually do something
    Let's not fool ourselves. Similar thing happened at Ubisoft, and all they had to do was to release Valhalla trailer. And then the game broke selling records.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-22 at 07:36 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves. Similar thing happened at Ubisoft, and all they had to do was to release Valhalla trailer. And then the game broke selling records.
    Except that they're still eating shit over it. There's a recently filed lawsuit in France against them and there was the big expose on how awful things are at their Singapore studio. Some heads have already rolled, but it seems like there's a lot more pressure for them to take further action. Sure, gamers will still drop cash on games they want, but that's separate from the actual workplace improvements that need to happen.

So...any guesses what's going to happen with all those Afrasiabi references?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Afrasiabi

After all, if history is anything to go by, Sexual allegations = bye bye ingame references / npc's

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that they're still eating shit over it. There's a recently filed lawsuit in France against them and there was the big expose on how awful things are at their Singapore studio. Some heads have already rolled, but it seems like there's a lot more pressure for them to take further action. Sure, gamers will still drop cash on games they want, but that's separate from the actual workplace improvements that need to happen.
    What can Blizz get, though. A fine at most?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I don't know, haven't looked into the possible consequences yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

After all, if history is anything to go by, Sexual allegations = bye bye ingame references / npc's
    Doesn't that usually happen fairly quickly if it happens? He left a year ago and they are still present.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasil View Post
    Maybe he's been involved in some #metoo stuff grabbing colleagues asses or something that forced him to leave and Blizzard sweeping it under the rug tp avoid bad publicity right before upcoming release of Shadowlands?
    You got to change your name to Nostradamus, so sad with the current news coming out.
    Last edited by Notorious; 2021-07-22 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Meh
    #NoChanges

Blizzard as a company, fines is pretty only choice, cant really send a company to jail or force them to shut down.

People there enough evidence against might be in trubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Doesn't that usually happen fairly quickly if it happens? He left a year ago and they are still present.
    Well, up until now there were only speculation why he left, now it's essentially confirmed.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=35722/f...pe-neutralizer

"Dry your cryin' eyes, sunshine."

Yikes.

Well, up until now there were only speculation why he left, now it's essentially confirmed.
    Yes, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard have known the entire time. If they remove the references now it just seems hypocritical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Blizzard as a company, fines is pretty only choice, cant really send a company to jail or force them to shut down.

People there enough evidence against might be in trubble.
    Unless it's a fine massive enough to send shockwaves through this industry and any other for that matter pretty much fuck all will change other than the named ones being let go, hopefully it's a massive fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't know, haven't looked into the possible consequences yet.
    When Gazillion Entertainment's CEO was accused of multiple sexual misconduct allegations. Disney pulled the rights to use the Marvel IP for their game titled "Marvel Heroes"

The company quickly went bankrupt, servers closed, everyone on the team lost their job overnight with iirc no compensation package of any kind and no severance.

Reading material

Reddit - MAU3 - All About Dave Dohrmann (Well-Documented Sexual Predator & Former Gazillion "Marvel Heroes" CEO) https://www.reddit.com/r/MAU3/commen...mented_sexual/

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ally-shut-down

If it can be proven sexual misconduct was taking place with upper supervisors aware, might not be good. Worst case scenario is Activision adjusts their relationship with Blizz
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2021-07-22 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    When Gazillion Entertainment's CEO was accused of multiple sexual misconduct allegations. Disney pulled the rights to use the Marvel IP for their game titled "Marvel Heroes"

The company quickly went bankrupt, servers closed, everyone on the team lost their job overnight with iirc no compensation package of any kind and no severance.

Reading material

Reddit - MAU3 - All About Dave Dohrmann (Well-Documented Sexual Predator & Former Gazillion "Marvel Heroes" CEO) https://www.reddit.com/r/MAU3/commen...mented_sexual/

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ally-shut-down
    I can tell you that's not why they ended up losing the rights and went bankrupt. At all. The company was well on its way to bankruptcy long before any of that.