Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Now use that argument for people who want blizzard to control how they level. Blizzard killed fun again and people like you keep defending them. Levelling so far has been pathetically boring. The amount of standing around waiting for NPCs to finish their rants has wrecked this game. Worst XPAC ever.
    Thats not problem with game. Thats problem with you. Maybe you should not be playing rpg games if you dont like rpgs? If tou just want rush to lvl cap and spam dungeons, be constanly engaged in gameplay go play Fortnite, LoL or some ARPG game.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    So, OP... instead of reading the book and find out what is what in the ending, you want to spring to the end? That makes perfectly sense. I mean, when I buy a movie ticket, I don't want to watch all the boring talking and stuff, just the endfight. Really, isn't the last 15 minutes all one needs from a movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    From a post on the official forums:

No. Quit telling us how we can play. Look, I quest up. But if someone wants to spam dungeons, that should be their choice. Modern Blizzard keeps trying to control how players play and it's not only unneeded, it's insulting and off-putting.
    You think this is bad, wait until someone tells you about Atunements...

No. Quit telling us how we can play. Look, I quest up. But if someone wants to spam dungeons, that should be their choice. Modern Blizzard keeps trying to control how players play and it's not only unneeded, it's insulting and off-putting.
    "Modern WoW".

Have you taken a look at classic recently?
    You physically have to get to the dungeon to play it, and even then your gear and level might not be up to snuff to actually do so.

While i don't necessarily agree or disagree with your sentiment (it's nothing to me), it has very little to do with modern WoW.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The problem is, unlike other expansions you need to unlock the convenant and without testing the skills and history this would get in the way of the expansion proposal (even if in the end you choose base on dps meter via sites like wowhead)

You can still only leveling with dugeon in your alt, without making the campaign

What is really happening here is, you are being influenced by streamers who wanted to generate content with the world first lvl 60 race and this has hindered the plans of a few

the race to world first was more hindered by the number of people who could not log in than anything else

and even though Blizzard changed things on short notice, it was beta, it's boring and it would be nice to see a little attention, but come on, it was beta to live, something that hadn't even been released yet
    Last edited by Guidance; 2020-11-24 at 03:34 PM.

Not sure about your point - in prior expansions, I could queue for the entry level dungeons right off. I did, several times, because friends would want to check out the expansion but the starting zones would be crowded so we'd do a dungeon or two.
    TBC and Wrath did not have queuing for dungeons. Cata required finding the dungeon entrance before you could queue for it. Shadowlands has zone unlock requirements. Thus, your statement is only true for half of the expansions (MoP, WoD, Legion, BfA). If you didn't play the earlier expansions, I could see your confusion, but that doesn't change the validity of your statement for expansions at release. Also, this only affects the account until you complete the story once.

It does stink for those who like to level via dungeons (I did that in MoP and WoD with some alts, which I'll also be able to do in Shadowlands with alts), but I understand why it's a good choice when locking the zone (e.g. leaving group and being teleported to the nearest graveyard would give exploits to bypassing the zone unlock requirements, or doing the double teleport trick for druid/monk/death knight, etc.).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty normal in most MMORPGs, like FF XIV, and I think it makes it better. Actually learning the lore about the dungeon before you enter, what a concept...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

100% agreed

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this a joke? This is what's wrong with "modern" WoW? This is actually extremely generous compared to "Ye Olde WoW". I'd prefer to see less restrictions, but claiming this is a "modern WoW" issue is just bonkers.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

...No. Quit telling us how we can play... Modern Blizzard keeps trying to control how players play and it's not only unneeded, it's insulting and off-putting.
    Exactly, let us fly already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I'd just like to get on the game and actually play a game I've paid for? is that to much to ask?

I like that change.
    Also alts have perfect freedom, so no problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm old enough to remember the days when you had to discover the entrance to the dungeon and the meeting stone before you could just teleport in. This reversion is fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's literally their game. You play by their rules, or you can go play something else.

You can throw a tantrum and complain, but as long as the other players agree with the rules (and we do), they won't back down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, it makes sense to me to do it this way. That's the way it should be. WoW is a very story driven game so story should come first before anything else no matter what you think of the story. What I would find insulting is putting in all that time and effort into making a brand new content and people just want to skip over all of it because they want to rush to end game and start farming raids.

I always thought the biggest problem with modern day WoW is that it no longer feels like an RPG. It feels more like one of those resource farming dungeon running tablet games where you do a couple things then log off until the next day to do it all over again. I seriously think too many people are playing this game for the wrong reasons.

If collecting colorful and shiny rewards in a short amount of time is your thing then play something like Raid Shadow Legends or AFK Arena or whatever else people with low attention spans play. Save yourself the money and the time spent on complaining that WoW doesn't play the way you want it to and play something that actually caters to your entertainment needs.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

are you kidding? back in the day in order to enter the raids you had to go through EVERYTHING that came before it, not only questlines but dungeon and raids as well, attunements it was called, remember what you needed to do in order to simply enter the Black Temple?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Damn bro...

It's almost like you have to play the fucking game. Also, leveling is so damn fast now. It's not even funny.
    levelling stopped being a 'core gameplay element' back in cataclysm, this old archaic mindset needs to stop being used as justification for artificially slowing the game down.

i stayed up for 3 days straight at the start of MoP to try for the realm first for my main class, and would have been in with a shot if the bug from beta had been fixed with the infinite respawning crabs allowing people to power level within hours of the expansion going live, (average player questing and doing all the rep stuff would usually have to spend a day or two to reach the level cap at the time).

as long as it's not abusing a bug or other unintended function and i was still playing, i could not care less how other people play and if a small subset of players want to spam dungeons (which has been a viable option since LFG was added to the damn game) then let them, stopping them from doing so just because the devs want people to go through their new shiny turd of a content drop is the reason why they have enforced ground mounts and no flying to start with.

Their game, their rules.

I personally don't mind it, because I'm a lore junkie and leveling speed right now is a joke anyway, but I do understand how folks who want more freedom won't like it, but that's just not how Blizzard designed it this time.

Lol, if this is the worst we've got right now then blizz is doing pretty good.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I for one don’t see the problem, the big level cap decision is “Which covenant do i join?”, so it stands to reason that going through the background story of said covenants is a pretty important thing to do for levelling up (Not everybody lets Wowhead or icy-veins decide for them), and they’re IMO doing a pretty good job of it.

How much fun this will be on alts remains to be seen, but so far (Just finished Bastion on my main, hit level 54 on the “Go to Maldraxxus”-quest) having a more involved story than the usual “A farmer has pests in his field, get rid of them”-fare makes for a nice change.