Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    From a post on the official forums:

No. Quit telling us how we can play. Look, I quest up. But if someone wants to spam dungeons, that should be their choice. Modern Blizzard keeps trying to control how players play and it's not only unneeded, it's insulting and off-putting.
    Blizzard wants you to play through its story ONCE.

I agree with other, you have a very Karen mindset.

Dungeons locked until zone progress made whine.

So, essentially, Frodo and the rest of the group should be able to spam Mount Doom the moment Gandalf gave them the story mission to destroy The Ring? Before they actually went there, right?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a better thing. It makes far more sense lorewise. Brings the RPG aspect to it.

Not sure about your point - in prior expansions, I could queue for the entry level dungeons right off. I did, several times, because friends would want to check out the expansion but the starting zones would be crowded so we'd do a dungeon or two.
    It's in reference to when you would have to physically travel to dungeons in WoW, which is generally when people considered WoW to be at its peak.

I want to pick a class and a weapon for that class and shoot other players, but blizzard forces me to play otherwise!

All jokes aside, I actually think this change makes a lot of sense and as said before in this topic they should've started with this when they introduced LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I am playing the game for dungeons and raids. Leveling is a sideshow.

My main issue with the story is there’s no sense of exploration at all, you just do the next thing in line. It’s better when I have more freedom, I find the lack of choice to be enervating.

But I just hit 60 and finished, so now I’ve got 8 dungeons to choose from, Torghast, I can do normal or heroic, world quests, whatever. It’s great! I just wish the leveling process felt more like that than like a checklist of quests you have to do.
    I never understand players complaining about the lack of choice, exploration, etc. What are you expecting from a video game ? It's not real life, it's a construct. As a construct, it's made by design. You can only have so much freedom in a world that was designed to be interacted with in some way. Blizzard chose to design Shadowlands this way, at least for a first playthrough.

Did you prefer to have the game making you choose random zones with no idea why you're going there ? Then just run around trying to find quests in order to level ? Or just randomly kill mobs to get xp with story connected to it ? How is this more compelling than what we have now ? Most people would get bored and drop out of a game like this. You're not being fair talking about a "checklist of quests" because this is not what's in the game. Quests always worked this way, since classic. You have your questline, you go places, kill mobs, talk to npc, collect items, and repeat. This is not a surprise. If anything, quests are better than ever before because of the clear distinction between Campaigns and Quests, alowing you to know what's the main story and what you can avoid if you want to. These side-quests are exactly what brings more exploration, allow you to diverge from the main path if you want to. There are rare mobs everywhere, events during leveling, you can gather herbs and ores, etc.

Maybe you'd prefer to level with only dungeons, but if you're not interested in the zones and the story, why not make it a succession of gray rooms with mobs to kill, endlessly. Mobs ? Maybe just spheres and cubes. Of course this sounds ridiculous. It's like you want to play another game and are upset this is not it... I just don't get it. Or maybe, on the opposite, you'd want the story to be told exclusively in the dungeons and raids. Then we can only have a big hub with a bunch of instance portals and idle all together close to the mailbox...

No. Quit telling us how we can play. Look, I quest up. But if someone wants to spam dungeons, that should be their choice. Modern Blizzard keeps trying to control how players play and it's not only unneeded, it's insulting and off-putting.
    You used to have to walk to the dungeon, for that you needed to have found the physical dungeon entrance. Classic wow had essentially the same system but slighty more tedious. Not sure what OP wants to say with this post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats the problem with this exactly? Honestly I prefer to do the dungeon at the end of the zone when I've unlocked any quests to be done inside of it. Free gear and XP for something I was going to do anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you don't remember, or wasn't there, when we needed to discover the dungeon before entering; oh, and walk there every time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Whats wrong with wow are whiny people like you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account

old wow had attunement
    im cool pls respodn

Remember how people loved attunement, and how TBC was so great because of it until they experienced very minor attunements in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Remember how people loved attunement, and how TBC was so great because of it until they experienced very minor attunements in Legion?
    We don't do that here.
    If it was in the past = the best thing ever. If it is done in the current xpac = the worst thing ever and game is dead, simply logic /s

10+ Year Old Account
    While I respect OP's opinion, I disagree that it's what's wrong with modern WoW as though it were some perfect microcosm of the game's issues. There's nothing wrong with wanting and requiring players to experience the story campaign on their first trip through in an RPG. The system is designed such that once you do so once, you can level alts in Adventure Mode and dugneon grind to your heart's content if you so please.

It's not even all that big an ask. Leveling in Shadowlands is one of the faster level grinds for an expansion launch, up there with Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

whats wrong with modern wow? the playerbase. a playerbase stuck in 2008.