Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard should just do an Emergency Free Character Transfer event off of Full Realms

People can not log in at all in realms like Area 52 and Illidan.

My entire guild has been trying to get in for almost 4 hours, and we've been preparing for this for hours (we were online since 7 hours ago)

At this point Blizzard should just give people a "free" way out of this. People are BOOSTING characters on low population realms "just to level up during launch day", that is stupid to say the least - I want to play my main, and I want to play on the server I am going to progress in.

People who deliberately transfer to full servers are getting what every rational person should expect from playing on a server that has like 1 million people on it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it this is your first ever expansion launch
    Azax: Troll Hunter of [H] <Village Idiot> - Kil'Jaeden US, Formerly of Nathrezim US.

Played on a full EU server at launch with zero issues. I only got to ice crown but I wanted to see the madness in storm wind, there was none, super smooth launch at least for my server.

The fact that there are so careless and selfish people that still thinks they will get and have a good experience in these times. Every new expansion Launch times. And these said people already play on the one of many massively high pop servers. Show how extremely stupid and sad these people are.

When will people on those realms learn. DO NOT PLAY ON THOSE REALMS DURING LAUNCH!

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SIGN UP FOR!

You have no remorse from me for being this selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    The fact that there are so careless and selfish people that still thinks they will get and have a good experience in these times. Every new expansion Launch times. And these said people already play on the one of many massively high pop servers. Show how extremely stupid and sad these people are.

When will people on those realms learn. DO NOT PLAY ON THOSE REALMS DURING LAUNCH!

selfish? overreact much? ive been on area 52 since wrath why should i have to leave for a working server?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post

My entire guild has been trying to get in for almost 4 hours, and we've been preparing for this for hours (we were online since 7 hours ago)

At this point Blizzard should just give people a "free" way out of this. People are BOOSTING characters on low population realms "just to level up during launch day", that is stupid to say the least - I want to play my main, and I want to play on the server I am going to progress in.
    Why would Blizzard offer a convoluted system for something that will be experienced by a minority of players for 1 (or a few) days? Log back tomorrow or on off hours and it will probably be fine.

Selfish? Are you *removed words so moderation doesnt ban me* ??????

I have a guild here on Area 52, why playing with them is "selfish"? What does expecting to be able to log on and play has to do with selfish?

Like damn I wish I could insults you here, because you deserve it

well, excuse them for wanting a good launch experience - or at least the same launch experience as the rest of the paying costumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Why would Blizzard offer a convoluted system for something that will be experienced by a minority of players for 1 (or a few) days? Log back tomorrow or on off hours and it will probably be fine.
    why wouldnt they? They wouldnt lose any $ with it and it would make their customers happy?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristai1723 View Post
    Played on a full EU server at launch with zero issues. I only got to ice crown but I wanted to see the madness in storm wind, there was none, super smooth launch at least for my server.
    Same here. Argent Dawn-EU, which is full and one of I think the top five highest pop EU servers. It was pretty hilarious in Orgrimmar, corehound conga lines and extremely busy in the way that drops my FPS to like 30 (it doesn't go lower because WoW starts compensating), and logging in to Orgrimmar it was slow-as-hell but that was because Blizzard clearly had some kind of in-game queue system for Orgrimmar, letting in batches of about 40 people at once, then waiting.

There were also some weird lag-spikes in Orgrimmar, but once past that, it was smooth sailing.

- - - Updated - - -

why wouldnt they? They wouldnt lose any $ with it and it would make their customers happy?
    You think server transfers don't cost Blizzard time and effort? I'm sure they've automated the process as much as the possibly can, but realistically, there are likely a least a couple of manual elements, and further, the server transfer process remains imperfect, so a lot of transfers will result in people choosing to contact support, sometimes several times, sometimes with hard-to-solve problems (or sometimes just misunderstandings). That has a cost. If you do it for a lot of players, the cost is larger. Further, it has bad social impacts, because often part of a guild xfers characters, but part doesn't, or people regret the characters they xfer'd (resulting in some of them attempting to make further demands of Blizzard), or people regret the whole thing because literally the next day or two days from then is fine.

People calling you selfish seem fairly reasonable to me, because you want something very specific, which you only want because of an issue that impacted you, and inconvenienced you on a launch day, on a Full pop server, where you could definitely expect problems. It's not like it's cutting into progression-raiding or something. Your complaints are basically "how it was" for the vast majority of players in most previous expansions (certain up to and including WoD). Is it ideal? No. But is it worth moving a character to another server for? Not really, no.

Honestly it sounds more like you want to swap servers for the sake of progression races or the like, and are just mad Blizzard isn't going to do that for you for free.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-11-24 at 04:27 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

So they should prolong the issues by also handling transfers away from the realms?

Sound plan.

Full pop EU realm, no issues at all.

On silvermoon EU, no issues at all, even logged out and back in 20 mins after launch to change something.

YOu know what you were getting into byu choosing that realm. You know what happens on launch day on large pop realms. You are just looking for a handout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    On silvermoon EU, no issues at all, even logged out and back in 20 mins after launch to change something.
    Earthen Ring US has had no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Selfish? Are you *removed words so moderation doesnt ban me* ??????

I have a guild here on Area 52, why playing with them is "selfish"? What does expecting to be able to log on and play has to do with selfish?

Like damn I wish I could insults you here, because you deserve it
    What is selfish is you begging for a handout. You know what goes on with full pop servers on launch day. Stop begging for a handout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    well, excuse them for wanting a good launch experience - or at least the same launch experience as the rest of the paying costumers.
    He's begging for a handout. He knew what he signed up for when he chose that server. Now he wants Blizz to hand him something for free because he can't handle the choice he made anymore. He is being very selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    The smart thing has always to be loose the first week and then start serious stuff after that. Imagine what this would look like if the belligerent masses that are constantly posting that Blizzard should shut down two-thirds of their realms had their way.

It will be fine in a few days.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Transfers are completely automated. The high cost comes in where transfers fail or get stuck in limbo and an employee has to manually unf*ck it. The people handling problems with transfers are also unlikely to be the same people working on server problems.

Draenor had a 3000+ long queue at 15:00 CET already. That's not exactly okay. I don't know where some people get off on blaming players for playing on full realms. Players go where the good guilds are, because they want the best chance at progressing in a PROGRESS-focused MMO. Conversely, guilds are going to go where the players are, because they want the best shot at recruiting good people for raiding and M+.

The problem has always been Blizzard's fault. They see this happen time and time again and they still haven't figured out a solution. Free character transfers like they've had in previous launches would be nice, but also ultimately a bandaid on a bullet wound.

A proper solution would be to make guilds cross-realm and with it the AH too. That way people will have no reason to not roll on less populated realms. It would probably be dependent on them overhauling their ancient server architecture, though.

I'd happily move away from Draenor if I could still raid with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People who deliberately transfer to full servers are getting what every rational person should expect from playing on a server that has like 1 million people on it.
    If you join a raiding guild and they are on that server or you have friends on it there is not much choice is there, it would be a simple matter to temporary increase how many concurrent players could play on those realms and just not allow any new accounts to be made while it says full, so all players on the realm can still play. They have more than enough server capacity to add another 5-10k worth of shards but blizzard never learn from any expansion and it wouldnt cost them money since they already have the capacity as it is.

Its not an option to not play on those realms if your in a raiding guild and thats where they play, do you think its acceptable to just pay to switch to another realm and then back after it is less busy, all yor chars you want to play can be on that realm, blizzard just need to increase the capacity its very simple to allow more players to log in and just not allow any new ones to join the server.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-11-25 at 04:20 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Wow a big server having problems on launch date(s). Who da thunk it.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    selfish? overreact much? ive been on area 52 since wrath why should i have to leave for a working server?
    So what would offering free transfers away, as OP is suggesting, solve? Since you don't want to leave the server.

Are you expecting other people to leave their server so you can play? Seems pretty selfish.

Either move to another server yourself or deal with the server being overloaded for a couple of days.