Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Selfish? Are you *removed words so moderation doesnt ban me* ??????

I have a guild here on Area 52, why playing with them is "selfish"? What does expecting to be able to log on and play has to do with selfish?

Like damn I wish I could insults you here, because you deserve it
    Selfish maybe a strong depending on how people look at it. You are asking for a free transfer off a full server. For who? For you? Or for other people? If you are asking for others to leave so you and your guilds can a better experience, then that is a selfish attitude.

Blizzard has offered free transfer off over populated servers before, I played on one, and the free transfer is only to pre-designated low population servers. You can only choose from a selected list. Sometimes it works out for some people, sometimes it does not and then people wants another transfer to a more populated server due to low populations.

I have seen this happen before on a server I played on, Warsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Selfish maybe a strong depending on how people look at it. You are asking for a free transfer off a full server. For who? For you? Or for other people? If you are asking for others to leave so you and your guilds can a better experience, then that is a selfish attitude.

Blizzard has offered free transfer off over populated servers before, I played on one, and the free transfer is only to pre-designated low population servers. You can only choose from a selected list. Sometimes it works out for some people, sometimes it does not and then people wants another transfer to a more populated server due to low populations.

I have seen this happen before on a server I played on, Warsong.
    I asked it for me, my guild and anyone not willing to sit on a 4-hour long queue in order to log in to the game

It took me 6 hours only to login to the game during launch

if Blizzard's servers cant handle the amount of people playing, it hurts no one to allow players to move their characters to other non-populated realms in order to play. And when they play with a guild they can simply all choose to leave

This is Area-52 all day except past 2am since the second they "fixed" the "login issues":
    https://imgur.com/a/bEkLBJt
    Last edited by Nuba; 2020-11-25 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    So what would offering free transfers away, as OP is suggesting, solve? Since you don't want to leave the server.

Are you expecting other people to leave their server so you can play? Seems pretty selfish.

Either move to another server yourself or deal with the server being overloaded for a couple of days.
    no i would take a free transfer. i'm not paying $25 though.

I've bit the bullet and transferred my main off A52 myself. I was looking for a new guild anyway and met RL friends who will welcome me elsewhere. I'm tired of black screens every patch and now queues? One signs up for it when joining a Full server, but I went to that server to raid Mythic which I'm not doing anymore so whatever.

Good luck getting free transfers during a period of heavy activity. That's one way to nuke the authentication servers even more.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I asked it for me, my guild and anyone not willing to sit on a 4-hour long queue in order to log in to the game

Well, you were not specifically clear about who you wanted the free transfer off for.

if Blizzard's servers cant handle the amount of people playing, it hurts no one to allow players to move their characters to other non-populated realms in order to play. And when they play with a guild they can simply all choose to leave
    They can handle an optimal amount of people playing. Can I just ask, do you normally suffer login issues on a regular basis? Or was it simply due to a new expansion launch that happens once every two years?

Companies does not build their system/infrastructure to handle all the possible people that would use it. That is not economical possible or viable. Because normally, not all people would use it at once all the time. If that was the case, then they would build it to handle it if it was possible. They handle a certain amount but at certain times, there is a surge for a short period.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is Area-52 all day except past 2am since the second they "fixed" the "login issues":
    https://imgur.com/a/bEkLBJt
    If you guys don't like a high pop server why did you choose it in the first place?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If you guys don't like a high pop server why did you choose it in the first place?
    We guys don't "don't like a high pop server". The high pop servers are the best places to play, not by choice, but by the fact that that's where the strongest economies are, the best guilds, etc.

This is a problem Blizzard should have solved several expansions ago. Make guilds and the AH available cross-realm and I'll happily go play on different server.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopy View Post
    We guys don't "don't like a high pop server". The high pop servers are the best places to play, not by choice, but by the fact that that's where the strongest economies are, the best guilds, etc.

This is a problem Blizzard should have solved several expansions ago. Make guilds and the AH available cross-realm and I'll happily go play on different server.
    So you want all the benefits of a high pop server and none of the problems.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Wasn't always high pop and thats the problem. Some stream chose our server, or multiple streamers and all of a sudden we are fucked.

I love all the Einstein’s with the bad counter “you signed up for this when you transferred there”. Assuming everyone just transfers to high pop realms and haven’t been there since day one.

Why are people assuming that the OP (or anyone else for that matter) chose to play on a high pop realm? The realm wasn't always high population. It's entirely possible that they were there since the realm opened, and watched as people came flooding into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    The fact that there are so careless and selfish people that still thinks they will get and have a good experience in these times. Every new expansion Launch times. And these said people already play on the one of many massively high pop servers. Show how extremely stupid and sad these people are.

When will people on those realms learn. DO NOT PLAY ON THOSE REALMS DURING LAUNCH!

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SIGN UP FOR!

You have no remorse from me for being this selfish.
    So I'm selfish for wanting to play the character I made literally 15 years ago at launch? It's my fault that my seemingly random server choice 15 years ago is now a full server?

You are a moron.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    People can not log in at all in realms like Area 52 and Illidan.

My entire guild has been trying to get in for almost 4 hours, and we've been preparing for this for hours (we were online since 7 hours ago)

At this point Blizzard should just give people a "free" way out of this. People are BOOSTING characters on low population realms "just to level up during launch day", that is stupid to say the least - I want to play my main, and I want to play on the server I am going to progress in.
    Give it a week or so and it'll be fine.

Plenty of people have already noticed that SL is looking to be about on par with BfA. They'll start quitting soon, and you'll be able to get on pretty quick again.

I play on Zul'jin US, which is marked as full population, and have not encountered a single login queue so far this expansion. Everything has been seamless and flawless in my experience. I've gotta say though, I'm shocked at how many people are against making the game playable for people who are literally unable to even log in. Absolutely absurd that anyone could be against people being able to play something they paid for.

So you want all the benefits of a high pop server and none of the problems.
    Why do you say it as if we HAVE to have problems? It doesn't even make sense to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    So I'm selfish for wanting to play the character I made literally 15 years ago at launch? It's my fault that my seemingly random server choice 15 years ago is now a full server?

You are a moron.
    No, but if you choose to do so at launch times, you know what to expect. And since you still decide to accept that. Then whine when the expected massive overpop of players blowing up your servers massive pop usually in general. When an expansion launches. Shows the selfishness. Call me whatever you want idgaf. You knew what to you expect. You just won't avoid it.

You reap what you sow.

Pretty sure they opened up transfers for free on the sever....Is OP going to shut up and transfer or just whine about queue times more?

LOl @ the guys saying "its a new expansion launch lolz". Thanks for not giving a fuck whether you fellow WoW players can even play the game solely because of which data center they've had to store their character on. This was a valid excuse for maybe 10 years but not anymore. This shit is literally causing people not to play the game which should be a top priority. Free transfers off Full realms for the first couple of weeks before seasons start helps literally everyone.