Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why does Sylvanas have fangs? High Elves don't have fangs, they lost them after evolving from night elves.

Has she become a san'layn / vampire elf?

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Why does Sylvanas have fangs? High Elves don't have fangs, they lost them after evolving from night elves.

perhaps some Highborne who chose to stay in the forests like Far/Pathstriders didn't devolve their teeth and didn't become High High Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

(Alteraci Human thread in construction)

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    When does this cinematic occur? I've already saved Anduin in ntro questline and it wasn't shown.
    Except that you didn't. Remember, you escaped the Maw and he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

Because they're awesome? Also source on that ?

on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe

Thumbs down Sylvanas the huilie

I am so terribly done with Sylvanas, the eternal victim.
    look at what they done, look at what happened to me, OH WOE IS ME.

oh, boohoo.. let me play the world's smallest violin for you.

The only way she can be so strong right now is if she's always had potential to be, she just never rose to the occasion. So in a way she chose this life. and now, in hindsight all she can do is complain about it and point the finger. And now that she's running out of enemies to blame for it she just want to unmake the world? Enough already, it's pathetic. The only one to blame for who she is now is herself.

and then there is Anduin..
    In a family of warriors, son of a great warrior, he chooses the path of light instead, the eternal optimist. The contrast couldn't be greater. This is what strength and what heroism is.
    Over the years I was not expecting the story to go this way, but he might just become the greatest hero Azeroth has ever or will ever see.
    Last edited by Krullthor; 2020-11-25 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

Actually, I think we've all gotten her story really really wrong, and that her story arc actually might turn out to be quite "beautiful" and "touching" even.

I think she meant to say something like: "we can't even choose who we see in our afterlife".

Most likely, this goes back to her suicide after WotLK. She went straight to the maw, and probably expected to see a love interest we don't know about, or perhaps a family member or something similar. Instead, she only experienced suffering and darkness. Her first thought when the Val'kyrs brought her back must've been something like: "I would rather see this cycle break than to spend an eternity without this special person".

Ever since, she has probably plotted a way to "break the cycle" (her own words), so that she may be reunited with this person. I don't think it's Nathanos she's thinking about. Her dealings with the Val'kyrs was not to get an eternal life as to escape the maw, but rather to buy time to finish the job.

It's quite fascinating really. She would rather break the whole world, and the afterlife, to be reunited. Isn't that one epic love story? I don't think this is meant to be some sort of "redemption", just an explanation of her motives that actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post
    Actually, I think we've all gotten her story really really wrong, and that her story arc actually might turn out to be quite "beautiful" and "touching" even.

I think she meant to say something like: "we can't even choose who we see in our afterlife".

Most likely, this goes back to her suicide after WotLK. She went straight to the maw, and probably expected to see a love interest we don't know about, or perhaps a family member or something similar. Instead, she only experienced suffering and darkness. Her first thought when the Val'kyrs brought her back must've been something like: "I would rather see this cycle break than to spend an eternity without this special person".

Ever since, she has probably plotted a way to "break the cycle" (her own words), so that she may be reunited with this person. I don't think it's Nathanos she's thinking about. Her dealings with the Val'kyrs was not to get an eternal life as to escape the maw, but rather to buy time to finish the job.

It's quite fascinating really. She would rather break the whole world, and the afterlife, to be reunited. Isn't that one epic love story? I don't think this is meant to be some sort of "redemption", just an explanation of her motives that actually makes sense.
    Isn't the Windrunner brother dead?

A love interest would be weird with Nathanos right there. Maybe she was in love with Arthas??

Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post

Sorry I can't hear you over the thousands of people burned alive by her.
    Mighty one, never forget.

she was gonna say "we cant even choose who we....love" right? Who is she talking about? Who did she love?

Far too cynical based off prior lore experience to enjoy this.

i wouldn't fuck a corpse

but if blizzard keep releasing more of these cinematics with Sylvanas voice...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Heard it before, Sylvanas. Had an entire raid about it in Wrath, and MoP, and Legion, and BFA. Guess what, our free will always wins out against cosmic forces trying to use us as pawns.
    When has it ever?

I'm more tired of Sylvanas than even Illidan at this point. Please just let us off her, she's the fucking worst.

Am I the only one thinking that she meant "who we serve?" or "who we are?" I mean, sure, "love" makes sense, but is she really breaking reality because it was kinda inappropriate for elves to love humans? That makes it 100% worse

Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    I am so terribly done with Sylvanas, the eternal victim.
    look at what they done, look at what happened to me, OH WOE IS ME.

oh, boohoo.. let me play the world's smallest violin for you.

The only way she can be so strong right now is if she's always had potential to be, she just never rose to the occasion. So in a way she chose this life. and now, in hindsight all she can do is complain about it and point the finger. And now that she's running out of enemies to blame for it she just want to unmake the world? Enough already, it's pathetic. The only one to blame for who she is now is herself.

and then there is Anduin..
    In a family of warriors, son of a great warrior, he chooses the path of light instead, the eternal optimist. The contrast couldn't be greater. This is what strength and what heroism is.
    Over the years I was not expecting the story to go this way, but he might just become the greatest hero Azeroth has ever or will ever see.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    Last edited by Selinde; 2020-11-26 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinde View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that she meant "who we serve?" or "who we are?" I mean, sure, "love" makes sense, but is she really breaking reality because it was kinda inappropriate for elves to love humans? That makes it 100% worse
    Yes I'm inclined toward those two choices as well. And if "serve" is the one, perhaps she meant the Jailer? And I agree, "love" in relation to Nathanos would be very, very bad. Like, "I'm done with the story forever" bad.

When is this cutscene supposed to play? I've done the whole available storyline + maw and torghast and didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Szha View Post
    When is this cutscene supposed to play? I've done the whole available storyline + maw and torghast and didn't see it.
    Same here. Nothing left quest-wise to do this week and it never played for me.
    I too am a passionate member of
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Same here. Nothing left quest-wise to do this week and it never played for me.
    Apparently it plays after you reach higher levels of Torghast which are not yet available. The vid was datamined

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Apparently it plays after you reach higher levels of Torghast which are not yet available. The vid was datamined
    Yet, Blizzard thinks it's a great idea to just publicly post it on their YouTube channel even though the content is not available yet. Thank god the [Spoiler] tag fixes everything! :')

Quote Originally Posted by Reevoo View Post
    Yet, Blizzard thinks it's a great idea to just publicly post it on their YouTube channel even though the content is not available yet. Thank god the [Spoiler] tag fixes everything! :')
    They didn't.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!