Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its easy to answer your questions just by watching the cinematic. She refers to the life itself as something unnatural, just a flicker in eternity you have to spend where arbiter decides. She is right in this regard. Whoever made this system of life and death is a douchebag for sure.
    She also believes that the Jailer wants to fix this. How things will play out we just gonna see in this expansion.

I want to know what was going to follow "We can't even choose who we..." where Sylvannas stops.

I am interpreting that part as a possible love interest that was or is being denied. The facial reaction and overall tone is something that I feel like I can relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I want to know what was going to follow "We can't even choose who we..." where Sylvannas stops.

I am interpreting that part as a possible love interest that was or is being denied. The facial reaction and overall tone is something that I feel like I can relate to.
    Its (most likely) Nathanos, the man she loved but was socially shunned from being with.

Then they both died and became twisted versions of themselves, more or less incapable of love.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-11-25 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Its (most likely) Nathanos, the man she loved but was socially shunned from being with.

Then they both died and became twisted versions of themselves, more or less incapable of love.
    100% they will throw a curve ball and make Sylvannas a lesbian and that family that dies in the cinematic was her lover.

So I feel just based on this dialogue, she will succeed and break the cycle unleashing the citizens of the shadowlands which will open them up as allied races, but maybe then death is just death and you go nowhere or something idk. She seems gung ho on needing someone who can use light magic though. Perhaps Calia will end up being her pawn instead of anduin? Or the other holy human.... in stormwind

15+ Year Old Account
    *goes on a speech about how no one on Azeroth has any real -choice- and that the Jailor intends to set everyone free from their pre-determined fate.*

*hears that Anduin will not co-operate with them in the Jailor's scheme.*

*tells Anduin he has no choice in this matter and he will help them whether he likes it or not.*

I'm like... really?

As the famous quote goes:
    "A good psychiatrist today, keeps insanity away!" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    If what she is saying is true, it would explain why the jailer, literally standing 50 feet away from us in the maw intro didn't kill is there. Instead he let us charge up the portal and escape. There are more maw creatures then legion monsters so why didn't the jailer or his fleet kill us? I have a feeling that the jailer was sent there by force. Now he is using the unbreakable will of the *champions* to aid him. But first we have to level up and get stronger.
    Yeah, that seems like the Player is, once again, the key to everything. We will very probably free the Jailer at some point because we have the Power of Friendship inside us or bullshit like that (just like the Azshara's stuff), then we'll kill him because we're that kind of heroes, we kill things that nobody could kill eons ago, thanks to the friendships we built during this journey of course.

Regarding that good ol' Sylvie stuff, the more I think about it the less I feel she'll be redempted. All this seems set up so that she realizes she's a tool to Jailer's ultimate destruction, but probably a bit too late. The entire arc surrounding Anduin doesn't sound subtle to me, Jailer will probably be more interested in using Anduin as a tool than Sylvanas so he'll just dump her somewhere at one point as he found a more powerful weapon. He fell in love with that Human Potential™ too, because who wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crizdog View Post
    100% they will throw a curve ball and make Sylvannas a lesbian and that family that dies in the cinematic was her lover.
    While I'd be all for lesbian Sylvie, revealing her as one now would be a mistake imo. First, making the villain gay would be seen as in poor taste by a lot of people. Not to mention she might die this expansion, so revealing that a character is gay just to kill them off moments later wouldn't look good either.
    Second, that would just give ammo to drones that complain about "woke" Blizzard and female characters. They would surely claim Blizzard made her gay to shield her from criticism our something like that. No, I want to avoid such shitshow.

But I don't think it was about loving Nathanos because really. Their relationship wasn't some big taboo, I mean her own sisters hooked up with humans. Getting the side-eye from some elves is not what I'd consider a big ordeal. From her expression it felt more grave than that.

Perhaps she wanted to meet her mother or brother but found out they got their memories wiped and don't remember her or something.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-11-25 at 09:53 AM.

It'll be interesting to see which of the armchair novelist's theories regarding which direction Blizzard takes the story turns out to be true. Then again, the Mandalorian is popular for it's "story" and sooooo not because of baby yoda *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    While I'd be all for lesbian Sylvie, revealing her as one now would be a mistake imo. First, making the villain gay would be seen as in poor taste by a lot of people. Not to mention she might die this expansion, so revealing that a character is gay just to kill them off moments later wouldn't look good either.
    Second, that would just give ammo to drones that complain about "woke" Blizzard and female characters. They would surely claim Blizzard made her gay to shield her from criticism our something like that. No, I want to avoid such shitshow.

But I don't think it was about loving Nathanos because really. Their relationship wasn't some big taboo, I mean her own sisters hooked up with humans. Getting the side-eye from some elves is not what I'd consider a big ordeal. From her expression it felt more grave than that.

Perhaps she wanted to meet her mother or brother but found out they got their memories wiped and don't remember her or something.
    Nah they won't kill her off unless it is a " sacrifice " type of death, She is loved by too many players and i remember them saying she won't be a Garrosh 2.0. While i do think making her a lesbian out of nowhere would be a huge cop out i do agree with you about Nathanos since as you stated her sisters we're with humans and it wasn't such a big deal.

I think however the reason they will throw that curve ball will be because of that cinematic, if you remember from WC3 she put up a huge fight and actually caused Arthas to get furious at her for being such a pest and causing so many issues for him, However if you watch the cinematic with her dying she just recklessly gets herself killed for literally no reason to protect the family and then becomes a banshee when she sees their corpses.

No reason for blizzard to retcon her from being a badass ranger general to some 15 IQ retard that gets themselves killed trying to " Fully sick 420 blaze it no scope " the leader of the scourge army. Which means she would of loved/cared for that family and we know she didn't have 3 sisters.

Why does Sylvanas have fangs? High Elves don't have fangs, they lost them after evolving from night elves.

Has she become a san'layn / vampire elf?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Why does Sylvanas have fangs? High Elves don't have fangs, they lost them after evolving from night elves.

perhaps some Highborne who chose to stay in the forests like Far/Pathstriders didn't devolve their teeth and didn't become High High Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    When does this cinematic occur? I've already saved Anduin in ntro questline and it wasn't shown.
    Except that you didn't. Remember, you escaped the Maw and he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

Because they're awesome? Also source on that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe

Thumbs down Sylvanas the huilie

I am so terribly done with Sylvanas, the eternal victim.
    look at what they done, look at what happened to me, OH WOE IS ME.

oh, boohoo.. let me play the world's smallest violin for you.

The only way she can be so strong right now is if she's always had potential to be, she just never rose to the occasion. So in a way she chose this life. and now, in hindsight all she can do is complain about it and point the finger. And now that she's running out of enemies to blame for it she just want to unmake the world? Enough already, it's pathetic. The only one to blame for who she is now is herself.

and then there is Anduin..
    In a family of warriors, son of a great warrior, he chooses the path of light instead, the eternal optimist. The contrast couldn't be greater. This is what strength and what heroism is.
    Over the years I was not expecting the story to go this way, but he might just become the greatest hero Azeroth has ever or will ever see.
    Last edited by Krullthor; 2020-11-25 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

Actually, I think we've all gotten her story really really wrong, and that her story arc actually might turn out to be quite "beautiful" and "touching" even.

I think she meant to say something like: "we can't even choose who we see in our afterlife".

Most likely, this goes back to her suicide after WotLK. She went straight to the maw, and probably expected to see a love interest we don't know about, or perhaps a family member or something similar. Instead, she only experienced suffering and darkness. Her first thought when the Val'kyrs brought her back must've been something like: "I would rather see this cycle break than to spend an eternity without this special person".

Ever since, she has probably plotted a way to "break the cycle" (her own words), so that she may be reunited with this person. I don't think it's Nathanos she's thinking about. Her dealings with the Val'kyrs was not to get an eternal life as to escape the maw, but rather to buy time to finish the job.

It's quite fascinating really. She would rather break the whole world, and the afterlife, to be reunited. Isn't that one epic love story? I don't think this is meant to be some sort of "redemption", just an explanation of her motives that actually makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post
    Actually, I think we've all gotten her story really really wrong, and that her story arc actually might turn out to be quite "beautiful" and "touching" even.

I think she meant to say something like: "we can't even choose who we see in our afterlife".

Most likely, this goes back to her suicide after WotLK. She went straight to the maw, and probably expected to see a love interest we don't know about, or perhaps a family member or something similar. Instead, she only experienced suffering and darkness. Her first thought when the Val'kyrs brought her back must've been something like: "I would rather see this cycle break than to spend an eternity without this special person".

Ever since, she has probably plotted a way to "break the cycle" (her own words), so that she may be reunited with this person. I don't think it's Nathanos she's thinking about. Her dealings with the Val'kyrs was not to get an eternal life as to escape the maw, but rather to buy time to finish the job.

It's quite fascinating really. She would rather break the whole world, and the afterlife, to be reunited. Isn't that one epic love story? I don't think this is meant to be some sort of "redemption", just an explanation of her motives that actually makes sense.
    Isn't the Windrunner brother dead?

A love interest would be weird with Nathanos right there. Maybe she was in love with Arthas??

Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post

Sorry I can't hear you over the thousands of people burned alive by her.
    Mighty one, never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    she was gonna say "we cant even choose who we....love" right? Who is she talking about? Who did she love?