Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They should have brought Dalaran, not the touched up version, but a totally re-made city, post-Suramar/Boralus when Blizz got into building proper big cities.

I want to see Dalaran 3.0 that is huge n not restrained to Wotlk size...at least 7 times larger, totally new buildings, no copy-paste, as if this would be the first time Dalaran was created.

Then copy paste it to Northrend but add winter theme with snow on rooftops, Broken Isles with Summer feel, Shadowlands with haunted n cozy autumn feel...

But no, instead we get a base more fit for a patch than an expansion this xpac...

- - - Updated - - -

Ur literally complaining that a city is the size of...a city, n not a village
    I’m complaining that it takes 3+ minutes to fly around and do chores.
    Going up and down stairs isn’t immersion to me.

Honestly my only major complaint is there isn't any clear indication of which parts of the cities are flagged as "indoors" and the lack of an AH for non-engineers. I don't have much of an issue navigating it on my druid since I can just shift, but I know it is going to get really bloody annoying on my other characters. It also feels a little bit too large, if it were about 10% smaller I would like it quite a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Oribos is a huge disappointment. I expected a busy hub where all sorts of creatures from all across the Shadowlands come to interact with each other, but got a barren temple instead. What are these brokers even doing there? I mean, I see them offering various goods and services but there's not a single customer of any kind.

It's bland and utilitarian, but history has shown me that this is the best way of things. If you have essentials too spread out, you get Dazar'alor and the community complains about it. If you organize the essentials efficiently and shove all the flavor stuff somewhere else, you get Boralus, where nobody sees half the interesting shit there because it's all away from the harbor.

It's needless dev time because people want convenience without the compromise of the simplicity that comes with it. The personality of it should be put into Sanctums anyway. The one thing they should allow is mounting in the four "indoor" sectors of it.

I'd remove some of the walls so we have more views of the pretty skybox, and remove the inane no-mount zones as well. Do that and it's a pretty good capital.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

I don't mind it. Not my favorite, but it could have been worse.

Also, I loved Boralus. It felt like a real city, it may have been even better than Suramar. The music was spot on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vlange View Post
    That's because in reality cities like that are usually not designed, they grow that way. So it's pretty awesome how they designed a city as if it grew like a european harbor city in the 1400's. For the same reason I think Dazzar'alor was very cool too, just has everything too far away from eachother. But it's an RPG so theme is often more important than player comfort.
    I live in a English harbour city with shipyards. Yeah, there's places like that from the middle ages but the entire city isn't like that.

In the end it's still a game. They could have designed it a little more efficiently while still holding to the theme.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-26 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Not really European anymore I guess

I am also really disappointed with Oribos as it just feels generic, like SWTOR or any other lazy MMO's capital with new textures. It is clear that very little work has been put into it... Definitely the worst WoW capital in my opinion. I'll try to stay away from it as much as possible.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2020-11-29 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    I am also really disappointed with Oribos as it just feels generic, like SWTOR or any other lazy MMO's capital with new textures. It is clear that very little work has been put into it... Definitely the worst WoW capital in my opinion. I'll try to stay away from it as much as possible.
    Very little work has been put into it?

What are you smoking and are you willing to share with the rest of us?

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post

What are you smoking and are you willing to share with the rest of us?
    He's right. Oribos feels very low effort compared to the capitals of past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Well, looking at Dazar'Alor and Boralus, I'm taking zero risk saying that yes, less work has been put into Oribos, most of it being for textures, as architecturally, it simply looks like a copy/paste of what you find in random generic MMOs.

That said, it's not necessarily a bad thing for the rest of the game, as maybe too much work was put in the BFA capitals and not enough on other parts of the game, but still, Oribos feels like the most generic / low effort capital I've ever seen in WoW.

The only thing I don't like about Oribos is half the city won't let you mount. Pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by vlange View Post
    That's because in reality cities like that are usually not designed, they grow that way. So it's pretty awesome how they designed a city as if it grew like a european harbor city in the 1400's. For the same reason I think Dazzar'alor was very cool too, just has everything too far away from eachother. But it's an RPG so theme is often more important than player comfort.
    I think you are overthinking

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Oribos is half the city won't let you mount. Pretty stupid.
    We are in agreement, balls balls balls balls. Would you like some bubblegum? I heard you're all out.
    Last edited by Tuskla; 2020-11-29 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Adding

it's a vidyagame city and not a RPG city

aka it's soulless

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It would be better if it didnt arbitrarily not let you mount in some parts while its okay in others.

Just make the whole place mountable or give it a speed buff thing like Shrine.
    I absolutely agree with this. It looks decent enough, but the mounting restriction is just asinine. Just make no-mount zones around the important NPCs, but let people ride in the extremely wide halls otherwise or give a speed buff as you said.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    it's a vidyagame city and not a RPG city

aka it's soulless
    Which fits the concept... kind of.

The place needs more mailboxes.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 2080 OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator XB323U IPS LCD | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G602 Wireless mouse | Windows 10 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

I want to see Dalaran 3.0 that is huge n not restrained to Wotlk size...at least 7 times larger, totally new buildings, no copy-paste, as if this would be the first time Dalaran was created.
    I agree Dalaran was a bit small, especially for big populated servers, but 7 times bigger?? what for? decoration? we don't need real city proportions just for a trade quarter, a bank, a portal room and maybe half a dozen quest guivers. Oribos is already too big for what we have to do there....

... on topic, I agree. Oribos is Orible. I don't spend more time than necessary there and it's already a lot of unnecessary running. the upper level is gigantic for no reason. they should give us the speed buff à la Shrine or let us use mounts eveywhere