Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    As a Horde player this simple yet effective design resonates way more than this weird Temple HQ of the Zandalari. I like this more.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This. Why can't there simply be a speed buff like in the Pandaria-Shrine. Maybe an Ancestor of him spinning around...
    Oh my god, you have to run for 30s in an MMORPG game to get somewhere. What a disaster!

Spoiled people nowadays. You would prefer one guy in one room that you talk to and has all the quests, vendors, trainers etc. so you can be as lazy as you want, right? That would be such an amazing game. Oh and he should hand out all the loot while we're at it so you're not forced to run around any dungeons or raids.

You must be Alliance if you think Oribos is awful. You obviously don't know what and awfully designed capital city is until you experience Dazar'alor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It would be better if it didnt arbitrarily not let you mount in some parts while its okay in others.

Just make the whole place mountable or give it a speed buff thing like Shrine.
    Middle parts are considered "outside" while the outer parts is considered "inside", at least from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    Oh my god, you have to run for 30s in an MMORPG game to get somewhere. What a disaster!

Spoiled people nowadays. You would prefer one guy in one room that you talk to and has all the quests, vendors, trainers etc. so you can be as lazy as you want, right? That would be such an amazing game. Oh and he should hand out all the loot while we're at it so you're not forced to run around any dungeons or raids.
    Hyperbole always makes a compelling argument. But irony never does.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    it was never "marketed" as a center of trade. It's the literal hub for all the souls in the universe, what market do you need there? LMAO one of the 1st quests in Oribos literally tells you that the brokers set up shops FOR US, nothing else.
    From the Blizzcon 2019 What's Next panel: "An ancient city that stands in the heart of the Shadowlands, Oribos predates memory and serves as the nexus between the various domains of the Shadowlands. The Arbiter stands at its very core of this gathering point for various power brokers, wheelers and dealers, and soul-traders."

Also, the first quests tell us that Brokers had been there long before our arrival, and when we do our first tour around the city (moments after arrival), we see that their trading network is fully set up and functional.

You linked a video of more than 1 year ago, they clearly retconned it.
    Doesn't matter. Your point that Oribos was never marketed as a center of trade is still invalid, because it was.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-11-30 at 05:15 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    From the Blizzcon 2019 What's Next panel: "An ancient city that stands in the heart of the Shadowlands, Oribos predates memory and serves as the nexus between the various domains of the Shadowlands. The Arbiter stands at its very core of this gathering point for various power brokers, wheelers and dealers, and soul-traders."

Also, the first quests tell us that Brokers had been there long before our arrival, and when we do our first tour around the city (moments after arrival), we see that their trading network is fully set up and functional.

Doesn't matter. Your point that Oribos was never marketed as a center of trade is still invalid, because it was.
    why are you all pedantic about this? It's got nothing to do with my initial reply to OP.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Huge upgrade from boralus for me.

why are you all pedantic about this? It's got nothing to do with my initial reply to OP.
    You asked how can one dislike Oribos. I told you why I dislike it. You started arguing with me about my reasons. This has nothing to do with the OP.