Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Thumbs up Smoothest launch in the history of WoW?

I have to admit, this must be the smoothest launch ever! Last night in EU, and 1 hour later (the point I went to sleep), there was 0 ping, disconnects, queues.

When the prepatch came and the game was almost unplayable in some zones I was like "shit, here we go again, when will they learn". But last night was so smooth, it almost looked like it wasn't a big deal.

Don't know how this went down for other regions/people, but this time I congratulate Blizzard.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2020-11-24 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll withhold judgement until peak tomorrow. It did after all launch here at around midnight on a weekday

It was smooth for me, well sort of. My friend couldn't see any of his characters so that meant we couldn't go until that got fixed. Then we had phasing issues until we got to Oribos.

So que sera sera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive heard complaints from some people, but I didn't dc once. I didn't have any lat lag either. It was business as usual. From my perspective, yes. Best launch stability yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion and BfA was fine for me. The last time I had a legitimate issue on a launch was WoD with the Garrisons.

I had a DC on the first loading screen to ICC and after that ended up among the people trying to get back in. BUT with that said, after those 15 minutes, it's been pretty much smooth sailing and less lag than in previous expansions. But yeah we shall see tonight because around dinner time tonight we will have the most people trying to log in, since you get all the people who played at midnight but also the people with jobs/school who are about to start their SL experience.

I got d/c once and got lockout for like 10min other then that ya it was really smooth launch

Wod, legion and BFA were better. BFA just had issues after "launch" with zones being laggy as hell

So no. Realm being down for 3 hour and not being able to play isnt "smoothest"

Wod better, someone has the jokes on them...
    In WoD I tried to click the survey thing for like an hour. And them another half hour to get the trees.

Legion BfA and SL were literally incomparable to previous expansion launches.

Since legion i didn't experience any issues and last time launch was a disaster was WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    ...But yeah we shall see tonight because around dinner time tonight we will have the most people trying to log in, since you get all the people who played at midnight but also the people with jobs/school who are about to start their SL experience.
    You're right, but today people will be better layered around SL zones. Not absolutely everybody will be in the starting zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking, essentially, the very same thing: pretty dam smooth launch. I didn't have a problem logging in; came in at 3:30PM PST, 30mins after launch. I never dc'd. Very rarely felt any kind of lag. And best of all, I was able to quest smoothly meaning I wasn't fighting for quest mobs or objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    You're right, but today people will be better layered around SL zones. Not absolutely everybody will be in the starting zone.
    That's a good point! Overall I couldn't be happier. Pretty much no lag at all so far on my end, though I can't say for how WM is.

Nope. Several servers had issues, even had times where my characters did not show up at all. Every single expansion has had issues like this and every single time there are people saying how smooth it was for them. This is just business as usual.

Well it was smooth to some. Im on Mal'Ganis, son is on Proudmoore. I got dcd going in the death gate in ORG. Took me about 10 min to finally get back in without being DC'd over and over. My son was already in and playing. lol. After that, it was smooth sailing though.
    Last edited by Dasev; 2020-11-24 at 12:05 PM.

Less players = smoother launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Less players = smoother launches.
    Twitch had over 600.000 viewers for wow at midnight, I don't think there were too few players lol

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Felt literally like playing any other night. No lag, no DC's. It was great.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Personal experience is that it was by far the smoothest launch in the history of wow. Zero DC's, very minor lag here and there, had only 4 bugged quests and 3 of them were fixed by ui reload and only one required a relog. Sharding worked very well: the world felt populated, but it wasn't 100 guys running on top of each other trying to tag one mob (well, there was a few parts like that, but was rare)..

From my perspective this was the worst launch ever. I lost my main toon after Bolvar sent me to SL. I cannot even switch to the server he is on. For the rest of the night I played my alts and was pretty disappointed. How a toon gets "lost" just by starting the quest... sad and pathetic.

I signed in this morning and was able to join the realm and sign into the toon that was lost. It started me at the last shard of the Bolvar scene before he opens the gateway to SL. The screen was just black I could not see anything, but when moving the mouse I could see npcs were actually still there and could interact with them. Using the mini-map and a bunch of guessing I was able to click the final shard (which I did already last night) and start SL.

Still the worst launch from my anecdotal experience. I never was unable to play a toon I wanted to play in previous launches and I never signed off after about an hour or two of questing (normally you would have to tear me away from the computer on a new xpac).
    Last edited by slime; 2020-11-24 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Twitch had over 600.000 viewers for wow at midnight, I don't think there were too few players lol
    Classic had 1,300,000.