Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Other than the occasional disconnect I would say it has been pretty smooth. No server downs, hardly any server lag, plenty of mobs to kill for your quests etc. I have been liking it so far.

I play on Kazzak and it was anything but smooth for me.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    If it was better it would be more popular.
    ROFL. Come on mate. This is a terrible argument. "Better" has nothing to do with launch-day Twitch viewers for a product. CP2077 could be dog's dinner trash and it'll have like 2m+ people on Twitch day 1 probably. If it's amazing, it's not really going to have any more people on launch than it will if it's shit.

Maybe you can make that point about views six months down the line or whatever, but launch is launch, and quality has relatively little to do with it. Classic got a shit-ton of viewers because it was an amazing combination of nostalgia, day 1 leveling races (which are a lot more interesting when they're 1-60 on a new server, than 50-60 on an established one), and younger players who'd never played Vanilla but wanted to see how different it was.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

It's a mixed bag.

Some players have had no issues at all, and some servers have huge problems, Kazzak-EU being the most extreme of them, where it's been borderline unplayable for most of the time since launch.

Is it the smoothest launch in wow history? Maybe, but the emphasis should be on "smothEST", not the be confused with "smooth", because with the issues on servers like Kazzak, Twisting Nether, Draenor, Area 52, Silvermoon to name a few, no one can look on the whole of it and say it's been a smooth launch overall, even if their own server has had no problems what so ever.

Unless you play on kazzak, in which case, you are not playing at all, ur watching streamers while server is down

Next expansion I will be temp-moving to a dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I play on Kazzak and it was anything but smooth for me.
    My friends are in the same situation, unfortunate.
    No issues whatsoever on Stormreaver EU

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    ROFL. Come on mate. This is a terrible argument. "Better" has nothing to do with launch-day Twitch viewers for a product. CP2077 could be dog's dinner trash and it'll have like 2m+ people on Twitch day 1 probably. If it's amazing, it's not really going to have any more people on launch than it will if it's shit.

Maybe you can make that point about views six months down the line or whatever, but launch is launch, and quality has relatively little to do with it. Classic got a shit-ton of viewers because it was an amazing combination of nostalgia, day 1 leveling races (which are a lot more interesting when they're 1-60 on a new server, than 50-60 on an established one), and younger players who'd never played Vanilla but wanted to see how different it was.
    l o l - 1.3M vs 900K on Twitch c:

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    l o l - 1.3M vs 900K on Twitch c:
    You just don't have any kind of rational argument eh? Ok, at least that's clear.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

I play on a high/full pop server, but on the wrong side of the unbalanced population. We had very little issues and from my standpoint it was a really good launch. Some friends on Area52 weren't so lucky.

All in all I'd say this launch was smooth, except for some outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You just don't have any kind of rational argument eh? Ok, at least that's clear.
    And what's yours? A 16 year old version of the game was more popular than a day old "record copies sold" version of the game o-o

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I have to admit, this must be the smoothest launch ever! Last night in EU, and 1 hour later (the point I went to sleep), there was 0 ping, disconnects, queues.

When the prepatch came and the game was almost unplayable in some zones I was like "shit, here we go again, when will they learn". But last night was so smooth, it almost looked like it wasn't a big deal.

Don't know how this went down for other regions/people, but this time I congratulate Blizzard.
    On NA there has been some pretty crucial queue times with estimated waits ranging from 2-4 hours in evening. Aside from that the launch has been fairly smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    NE Server. East Coast. Launch was perfect. Flawless!

Just like another day in Azeroth. You would even know anything new was happening. no lag, no spikes, very enjoyable. Plenty of items, mobs, etc to get the quests done.

A few guildies had some server and toon issues, but overall, it was flawless for me and my group.

BLIZZ!! A++++ launch guys!
    You're obviously joking. East coast server, east coast, 4 hour queues trying to log in for launch. Same thing on second day.

Like, whats the actual point in lying about that?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Orgrimmar before launch was a shitshow. But after the launch, it has been really good for the most part. Seems like they've learned their lesson.. Or we have a huge drop on player participation.

- - - Updated - - -

Most big realms were. Same in Legion and WoD.
    This time it was just a couple hours lol

Honestly I think the sharding tech they used helped and they are reverting it now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    On NA there has been some pretty crucial queue times with estimated waits ranging from 2-4 hours in evening. Aside from that the launch has been fairly smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

You're obviously joking. East coast server, east coast, 4 hour queues trying to log in for launch. Same thing on second day.

So you’re pointing out that a lot of players were logging in...that can’t really be fixed dude as it’s not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So, because his experience isn't the same as yours he s lying? I am on an east coast server(Earthen Ring) and have also been flawless It's like there are more than just one east coast realm out there.

Draenor EU is dead today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Draenor EU is dead today as well.
    except it to die every day at prime time until atleast after the weekend, but probably into next week.

Again, the downside to being the biggest EU server.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Draenor EU is like Hell itself. Can't get any worse. Only masochist play on Draenor like me

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I have to admit, this must be the smoothest launch ever! Last night in EU, and 1 hour later (the point I went to sleep), there was 0 ping, disconnects, queues.

When the prepatch came and the game was almost unplayable in some zones I was like "shit, here we go again, when will they learn". But last night was so smooth, it almost looked like it wasn't a big deal.

Don't know how this went down for other regions/people, but this time I congratulate Blizzard.
    Idk, have you played on kazzak? Realm constantly goes offline, 1+ hour queue that leads to a dc and back into the queue, crashing in cutscenes, massive lag input between abilities or picking up quests. It is literally a shitshow for kazzak and draenor. Might be smooth on other servers, but they really shit the bed for us who play on Kazzak.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Idk, have you played on kazzak? Realm constantly goes offline, 1+ hour queue that leads to a dc and back into the queue, crashing in cutscenes, massive lag input between abilities or picking up quests. It is literally a shitshow for kazzak and draenor. Might be smooth on other servers, but they really shit the bed for us who play on Kazzak.
    Yeah , i barley had time to do 60 on kazzack on my main myself and i have to chose between playing during the day with lag ( when I am not sleeping ) or playing during the night ( when I have to wait up to almost 4 hours que and I literally mean night not evening , I enter the que at around 10 pm and get on my char in game after the que at around 2 am ) . I am forced to play on alts on lower population realm , and at the same time my guildmates who just moved from magtheridon along with the guild staff and gold and all of that... half of them got lucky and are ahead of me in gear and story progression while the other half await in que as we speak..

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty smooth on my low pop server, but now the whole EU login server is down and no one can log in, low pop server or not.
    Aerie-Peak-EU