Why is the waystone only reacting to us (player)?

Hi,

While playing through the starting quests, we get to a point that we need to activate a Waystone.
    This stone is ONLY reacting to the player.
    Jaina is there, Thrall is there but the Waystone is only responding to the player character somehow.

So what is it that the player character has, that makes the waystone reacts?
    Also very strange is the reaction of the Jailor; he is surprised that it reacts to a living creature.

So, there is something within the player char that makes the Waystone reacts.
    Any ideas?
    I don't get what makes us special in this case/

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Hi,

While playing through the starting quests, we get to a point that we need to activate a Waystone.
    Jaina is there, Thrall is there but the Waystone is only responding to the player character somehow.

Also very strange is the reaction of the Jailor; he is surprised that it reacts to a living creature.

Any ideas?
    Because we are special?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because... we're the Champion.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

I thought it was because we had the piece of the LK helm on us. Since we used it to activate alot of our connections

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I thought it was because we had the piece of the LK helm on us. Since we used it to activate alot of our connections
    Yeah, I thought so in the beginning but then the words of the jailor came and confused me again.
    He should know the helm was with us, as he is the force in the helm.

It was something the other characters didn't understand and not even a being like the jailor.
    I am wondering if we carry something within us, placed there for some purpose without anyone knowing?

If the Waystone wouldn't react to us, we would be dead by now or captured by the jailor.

The waystone only reacts if you are a paying subscriber.

i said it before and i will say it again

our tie to azeroth

congrats folks we are going to be azeroth"s keepers

10+ Year Old Account
    Because gameplay demands we have someway to move in and out of Shadowlands. I doubt lorewise anyone can move so easily. Saving the world in Shadowlands but tea break in Stormwind before heading back.

Maybe it noticed I had a hearthstone (several actually.)

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i said it before and i will say it again

our tie to azeroth

congrats folks we are going to be azeroth"s keepers
    Well it would make sense if it had to do something with HoA.
    But no clues for that sofar.

We may have a special tie to The Purpose - it may be what inspires the Spirit Healers to bring us back every time we die, as well. But maybe it's just the Heart of Azeroth.

After high exposure to Azerite, we are radioactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Hi,

Any ideas?
    The rule of cool and the rule of "The-player-is-a-special-snowflake" overrules anything else.
    We as players are the main protagonists of a never-ending soap opera where logic, consistency etc. must bow to the 2 rules mentioned above.

If you look at WoWs story and storytelling through these 2 rules then you will never again get the urge to ask reasonable questions....