Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Shadowlands Cinematic - Ardenweald

I'm surprised there isn't a topic on that yet (same for the Denathrius cinematic, which is insane imo). Adding spoiler tag in the title just in case, dunno if that's needed.

There is an on-going discussion about whom is the Winter Queen calling her "Sister" in this cinematic, but that'd be definitely exciting to have some background to Elune if that's her.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319407/...-fate-spoilers

I thought the Winter Queen was referring to Eonar as her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I thought the Winter Queen was referring to Eonar as her sister.
    I think that'll depend on how she's using that term. If she's referring to her "real" sister, I think it just can't be Eonar, as the Winter Queen, as the other eternal ones, are supposed to be older than the Titans themselves.

Elune's intervention upon Ysera's death may also be a hint. But it's a bit difficult to be 100% sure before having other elements.

More than likley there is a summer queen in the realm of life, that we have yet to meet.

Theres a reason for this, based on the Winter Queens portrayal and character shes based of the Unseelie Court and the Winter aspect of Faeriy Mythology which means based on that logic there is going to be a Summer Counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    No none stays dead anymore it takes away any meaningful impact the Legion cinematic had, WoW is starting to feel like Marvel comics with the revolving door of resurrections. WoW has way too many characters as it is. If anything more need killing off... red wedding style if possible lol.

Cinematic is beautiful though. As always.

I think it's Elune.

Have to note that i think she used up some of her personal power to bring her back.
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-11-24 at 01:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's Elune, it's Eonar. The winter queen referenced Ysera as "my sister's Pet" and Eonar empowered Ysera to become the dragon aspect of the dream. I have no idea how anyone could link this to Elune.
    The eternal ones are a match to the Titans in power (With the exception of the Jailor who mirrors the power of Sargeras as in Titan++) if anything Elune has existed way before the titans during the ordering of the universe as stated in Legion. She's probably the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    I don't think it's Elune, it's Eonar. The winter queen referenced Ysera as "my sister's Pet" and Eonar empowered Ysera to become the dragon aspect of the dream. I have no idea how anyone could link this to Elune.
    The eternal ones are a match to the Titans in power (With the exception of the Jailor who mirrors the power of Sargeras as in Titan++) if anything Elune has existed way before the titans during the ordering of the universe as stated in Legion. She's probably the first one.
    It was Elune not Eonar who raised her spirit from her body (ysera) and took her to Ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Have to note that i think she used up some of her personal power to bring her back.
    Yes, a leaf falling from her crown seems to indicate that. Does that mean if the last leaf falls off she'll die? I wonder.

Winter Queen intrigues me. You can't help but feel drawn to her. Really gives off that overworked mommy energy. After the Primus, she has to be the most mysterious member of the eternal ones. I love her pained expression, you can tell she's deep in thought all the time. I really want to know what she's thinking about and what role she played in banishing the Jailer. Need more interactions with her stat.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was Elune not Eonar who raised her spirit from her body (ysera) and took her to Ardenweald.
    And how does that make Elune her sister? There is no lore that says Elune took Ysera to Ardenweald. Elune cleansed her and turned her into a constellation.
    "This is of my sister" is interpreted as This= Pet= Dragon Aspect= Eonar
    This furthers the concept of Titans being "God" like being in the world of the living and the eternal ones Gods of the shadowlands.
    Last edited by jpch; 2020-11-24 at 02:47 PM.

We have no idea how strong the Eternal Ones are. In a recent interview, it was stated that the Eternal Ones are not as powerful as the Titans and are directly under the Titans. As fot titan++, this is also imprecise. Wowhead said this, but Windows Central said that the Jailer is a Titan-level threat (which may not be related to his personal power, but to the fact that the Jailer can kill Azeroth before she is born). In one of the last cutscenes, Anduin in the Womb was able to temporarily block the Jailer's wave. Can you imagine Anduin being able to face Sargeras for even a second?

She called her, her sister's pet. To my knowledge Eonar has never interacted with Ysera and is a Titan, which clearly the WinterQueen isn't. Elune has also been seen to interact with Ysera's soul so it makes sense that she's one of these Eternals.

So one mystery we didn't know was a thing is now solved, still waiting to see who the Runecarver is, what that was that turned off the Arbiter(either Argus or Sargeras stabbing Azeroth imo) and what all these people say about Arthas(if no one asks where he is, that's like stupid writing)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    We have no idea how strong the Eternal Ones are. In a recent interview, it was stated that the Eternal Ones are not as powerful as the Titans and are directly under the Titans. As fot titan++, this is also imprecise. Wowhead said this, but Windows Central said that the Jailer is a Titan-level threat (which may not be related to his personal power, but to the fact that the Jailer can kill Azeroth before she is born). In one of the last cutscenes, Anduin in the Womb was able to temporarily block the Jailer's wave. Can you imagine Anduin being able to face Sargeras for even a second?
    Your information is inaccurate. This is an interview with a Lead Blizzard designer that says that the Eternals are equal to Titans. https://www.wowhead.com/news=316822/...gendary-power-

Eon himself stated that the Jailor is Titan++ in power. You can watch it on YouTube.

Your interpretation of "Power" is not relevant, the same goes with the Anduin argument because I can go and begin my own interpretation that Anduin is the Chosen of the Light and can delay the Jailer for a few seconds. But I won't because I debate canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    She called her, her sister's pet. To my knowledge Eonar has never interacted with Ysera and is a Titan, which clearly the WinterQueen isn't. Elune has also been seen to interact with Ysera's soul so it makes sense that she's one of these Eternals.

So one mystery we didn't know was a thing is now solved, still waiting to see who the Runecarver is, what that was that turned off the Arbiter(either Argus or Sargeras stabbing Azeroth imo) and what all these people say about Arthas(if no one asks where he is, that's like stupid writing)
    Eonar made Ysera an Aspect...The mystery of Elune is not solved.

Your information is inaccurate. This is an interview with a Lead Blizzard designer that says that the Eternals are equal to Titans. https://www.wowhead.com/news=316822/...gendary-power-

Eon himself stated that the Jailor is Titan++ in power. You can watch it on YouTube.

Your interpretation of "Power" is not relevant, the same goes with the Anduin argument because I can go and begin my own interpretation that Anduin is the Chosen of the Light and can delay the Jailer for a few seconds. But I won't because I debate canon.
    Sorry, but you're just wrong
    My information is always accurate.
    https://sagamer.co.za/2020/08/20/a-d...f-hibernation/
    “So the winter queen we wanted something that stood above the night fae and felt somewhat different than they were. And of course, she’s similar to other creatures like her that we’ve had in the past. You know, she’s not a Titan, but she’s something kind of right below that. She’s an ultra-powerful creature here and part of this pantheon in a similar way that the Titan Watchers and Keepers we’ve seen in the past were part of the pantheon of law and order. These are the pantheon of death. So, that was sort of a starting point is that she’s a creature above and beyond the night fae themselves. She's part of a greater order.

Oh really? Can you give me a link to a YouTube video and indicate the minute and second? I'll be very grateful. Because all this nonsense about titan++ went from here https://web.archive.org/web/20200709...of-shadowlands

However, Windows Central wrote here https://web.archive.org/web/20200714...on-hazzykostas
    that he's just a Titan-level threat.

As I said, we DO NOT KNOW how strong they are. Perhaps Blizzard themselves have not decided yet. Your problem is that you don't look at ALL sources of information and draw conclusions too quickly.

Light is not God, Light is just power, he cannot have any chosen ones. Anduin's strength depends only on his faith. So I'll ask again. Do you really think Anduin can hold out even a few seconds against Sargeras?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-24 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

Eonar has never interacted with Ysera?

Such a shame that Eonar basically made Ysera what she is. x)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

And how does that make Elune her sister? There is no lore that says Elune took Ysera to Ardenweald. Elune cleansed her and turned her into a constellation.
    "This is of my sister" is interpreted as This= Pet= Dragon Aspect= Eonar
    This furthers the concept of Titans being "God" like being in the world of the living and the eternal ones Gods of the shadowlands.
    Just trying to understand, you realize that the Winter Queen is not a titan?, therefore she can't be Eonar's sister...

Just trying to understand, you realize that the Winter Queen is not a titan?, therefore she can't be Eonar's sister...
    We've no evidence to say that Elune is an Eternal One either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    We've no evidence to say that Elune is an Eternal One either.
    Definitely true as well. But if she's referring Elune as her sister, then it would be evidence that she is an Eternal One. However we know that the Winter Queen is not a titan, so Eonar cannot be her sister.

7+ Year Old Account
    You realize that I didn't mean Pantheon Titan right? I meant Titan equivalent in the Shadowlands. "Sister" as in her parallel in the world of the living.
    Living > Emerald Dream> Eonar
    Death> Ardenweald> Winter Queen
    We've seen Wild Gods go to both those locations after death, even Ysera appears in the Emerald Dream after she got killed by Tyrande. She fights Xavius in the Raid and point us to the remnant of the void after he dies. She's still in the Dream, yet appears in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by jpch; 2020-11-24 at 04:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely true as well. But if she's referring Elune as her sister, then it would be evidence that she is an Eternal One. However we know that the Winter Queen is not a titan, so Eonar cannot be her sister.
    Just because she isn't a titan doesn't mean a titan can't be her sister in a metaphorical sense.
    Think less about a literal sister and more, say, like how people may call someone their brother or sister that they aren't related to.

Hell, I call my dog my brother, however I have no blood relation to him, and we are different species.

It's very possible that Eonar is her sister in a sense of they are both very significant beings in the realm of Life. Some of you really need to not take things so literally. Look up metaphors, learn metaphors. Metaphors are cool.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that I didn't mean Pantheon Titan right? I meant Titan equivalent in the Shadowlands. "Sister" as in her parallel in the world of the living.
    These people are incapable of thinking not completely literally.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water