Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Potato potato. She had a quite nice death during legion and now she's alive somewhere else. So yeah meaningless. She was allready not often in our plan. It does not change much. She is ot gone, she is still alive somewhere else.
    Guess it depends if you thought Legion was going to be Ysera's effective swan song or not. Given her connection to the Dream and her later appearances during the Xavius fight and afterward I didn't think we'd seen the last of her - so her reappearance in Shadowlands didn't really register as a surprise or erode the significance of her "death." YMMV, of course.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Potato potato. She had a quite nice death during legion and now she's alive somewhere else. So yeah meaningless. She was allready not often in our plan. It does not change much. She is ot gone, she is still alive somewhere else.
    It's been common knowledge that death is not the end in WoW's universe. WoW death has never carried the same weight as death in rl.

I think the biggest hint Elune is the sister of WQ, is in the Val'sharah ending cinematic.

If you look closely in the cinematic, Elune didn't just intervene, Ysera cried out to her, it was the last thing she did before dying. Adding to that the fact Elune is the mother of Cenarius and she loved Malorne, it becomes obvious Elune was involved with the creatures of Azeroth in a way Eonar wasn't. It certainly shows that Elune was involved with life on Azeroth way before the empowerment of the dragons by the titans.

Meanwhile the Eonar theory has only one link, the empowerment of Ysera. Though I could be wrong in this.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    I think the biggest hint Elune is the sister of WQ, is in the Val'sharah ending cinematic.

If you look closely in the cinematic, Elune didn't just intervene, Ysera cried out to her, it was the last thing she did before dying. Adding to that the fact Elune is the mother of Cenarius and she loved Malorne, it becomes obvious Elune was involved with the creatures of Azeroth in a way Eonar wasn't. It certainly shows that Elune was involved with life on Azeroth way before the empowerment of the dragons by the titans.

Meanwhile the Eonar theory has only one link, the empowerment of Ysera. Though I could be wrong in this.
    Agreed it leans more towards Elune. Theres even more references in Adrenweald by creatures who are not from Azeroth but of other planets that know of Elune.

When Ysera gets restored you see her do the same constellation that you see Elune make when she sends her to Adrenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Just because she isn't a titan doesn't mean a titan can't be her sister in a metaphorical sense.
    Think less about a literal sister and more, say, like how people may call someone their brother or sister that they aren't related to.

Hell, I call my dog my brother, however I have no blood relation to him, and we are different species.

It's very possible that Eonar is her sister in a sense of they are both very significant beings in the realm of Life. Some of you really need to not take things so literally. Look up metaphors, learn metaphors. Metaphors are cool.

- - - Updated - - -

These people are incapable of thinking not completely literally.
    It's pretty much this. What was it that blizzard said "the emerald dream is spring and summer and Ardenweald is autum and winter" or something along those lines.

I think she's metaphorically saying sister since Eonar created the Emerald Dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Eonar has had zero interaction with Ysera in over 150,000 years since the Titans ordered Azeroth. Ysera wasn't even the primary recipient of Eonar's power, that would be Alexstrasza.

Meanwhile, Elune directly intervened to save Ysera's soul and practically hand-delivered her to Ardenweald less than six months ago.
    Less than 6 months ago?

Is that how long BFA was supposed to take, lore-wise?

Boy, if only BFA IRL was 6 months lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Less than 6 months ago?

Is that how long BFA was supposed to take, lore-wise?

Boy, if only BFA IRL was 6 months lol
    Lore accurate timelines are ridiculous, iirc it’s only been like 5 in game years since the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King.

I think it fits Eonar much better as the Eternal Ones were described as having Titan level power while Elune is supposed to be beyond that and an actual god. The Eternal Ones were also called the Pantheon of Death.

In Russian the "of my sister" line is translated literally as "My sister left this (here)". Assuming the localization team has access to the script (or at least has the directions to properly translate the context), this would point towards Elune, not Eonar.

Ysera being her sister's pet doesn't mean her sister is the one who empowered her, nor that she's the one who brought her to the Shadowlands. But I'm still leaning toward her meaning Eonar with that statement. Elune may have just pitied Ysera and sent her to Ardenweald to be reborn as a loa/wild god without having any sort of personal connection to her.

If the titans all share a common history of being born from the world souls of planets, then it makes sense for them to refer to each other in familial terms like brother/sister. The death pantheon (Eternal Ones) are much like the titans, only born from the planets in the Shadowlands. Both pantheons serve the same force of Order in the universe.

It could be Elune, and I wouldn't put committing the cardinal sin by explaining Elune out of Blizzard's hands, but Ysera was blessed by Eonar and we found Eonar in a place called Elunaria, so it's more likely that both she and the Winter Queen are adjacent to Elune.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I personally think its Elune because it just makes the most sense, but if it isnt her, I hope it isnt Eonar because that would be unsatisfying as hell, and make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I think she's metaphorically saying sister since Eonar created the Emerald Dream.
    Where was this stated? Before it was her Keeper that created it but recent lore hints that she pulled it from somewhere else.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Eonar didn't create the ED.

It was titan keeper Freya who did, and even then they kept it vague about whether she actually created it or just pulled it from something that already existed.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think it is notable that Ardenweald is quite different from the other realms in that the "locals" are far more important there than souls that took up permanent residence.

Bastion and Revendreth have natives solely as helpers(Dredgers/Stewards), while Maldraxxus is pretty much exclusively souls, but in Ardenweald nearly everything is done by the Fae, while souls are just given animal spirit bodies and don't seem to have any significant jobs.

This kinda suggests the place has a rather different nature than the others, and makes one wonder exactly what kind of being the Queen is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with Elune, she has been at front of peoples mind since the start of BFA due to Tyrande/ night warrior, also with her jumping into the maw.

Titans have barely been mentioned since legion. Also doesn't shadowlands predate the titans.

I don't think its Elune mainly because Blizzard has stated in the past that she is the one entity that is a deity/god level. Now obviously things can change but I don't believe so.

If I had to take a guess we actually haven't met the counterpart she is referring too or they are kind of reworking the Titans and we haven't really seen that yet.

My guess is Elune will be one of two things, essentially the head of the life realm or even above that and be essentially the mother of the cosmos.

I tend to think Elune will turn out to be the mother of cosmos, which is why you see her interact with forms of nature, light, arcane and whatever the Night Warrior side would be. It could also explain why she watches over Azeroth as it is the last of her " children ".

I definitely wouldn't get too tied up on individual words. Blizzard has more than once just tossed that out overnight.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lore accurate timelines are ridiculous, iirc it’s only been like 5 in game years since the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King.
    A little short, but honestly I could see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm going with Elune, she has been at front of peoples mind since the start of BFA due to Tyrande/ night warrior, also with her jumping into the maw.

Titans have barely been mentioned since legion. Also doesn't shadowlands predate the titans.
    I am more than certain of that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    A little short, but honestly I could see it.
    Azeroth is a very very eventful place.

Formerly known as Arafal

I had always assumed that since WoW came out that real life time best suited in game time. Adventurers spend 2+ on Azeroth, 2 years in Outland and basically 2 years doing each of these major events with the almost year long content draught as time to rest.

Then they said that basically every expansion is a year if not shorter and it just doesn't make any sense, especially when you have moments where we're assembling troops who seem fresh, despite that they should still be returning from other wars or the progression of technology at times. None of it feels right to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    It's been common knowledge that death is not the end in WoW's universe. WoW death has never carried the same weight as death in rl.
    So you're fine with bringing Arthas back, right?