Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Honestly he is going to probably sue and they will settle it out of court, buddy won't have to work ever again so smart move on his part, and I guarantee tons of people will come to defend him and make the company look bad.
    Pfft...he has no case and he certainly won't find a lawyer desperate enough to take it.

Honestly he is going to probably sue and they will settle it out of court, buddy won't have to work ever again so smart move on his part, and I guarantee tons of people will come to defend him and make the company look bad.
    He mixed fruit into the paint. He has no case. Classic internet only looking at one side and getting in a frothing rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Seems he was fired for “gross misconduct”...

Don’t think it’s a “boomer” issue. Seems the guy was adding shit to the paint.
    Just another moron playing victim, knowing people don't read past headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He mixed fruit into the paint. He has no case. Classic internet only looking at one side and getting in a frothing rage.
    Did he use their machinery to mix it in? If not then what is the issue? lmao
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Did he use their machinery to mix it in? If not then what is the issue? lmao
    If he said that he is a Sherwin Williams paint mixer while doing the tik-tok video where he isn't following company procedure then it doesn't matter if it was their machinery or not.

Imagine if that video got shared and people said "haha look at this Sherwin williams paint mixer putting fruit in the paint.. haha". It doesn't matter if he is using his own machinery or not. That damages their brand.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-24 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If he said that he is a Sherwin Williams paint mixer while doing the tik-tok video where he isn't following company procedure then it doesn't matter if it was their machinery or not.
    Well then he is just dumb.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Well then he is just dumb.
    Well the key is "if". I honestly don't know and am about as uninformed as you are. I don't follow painters on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    And one video has over 6 million likes. Honestly, that's free advertising for the company and they should be paying him for it.
    I guess; but honestly who would go to tiktok to find help on what paint to buy?

I could advertise web design services under every fencepost of every farm in the UK, but if it's not reaching the potential customers it's not really that much advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I guess; but honestly who would go to tiktok to find help on what paint to buy?

I could advertise web design services under every fencepost of every farm in the UK, but if it's not reaching the potential customers it's not really that much advertising.
    I only go on tiktok to find out which paint to drink.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Anyone who comes to the defense of this guy are idiots. You could argue he maybe shouldn't have lost his job, but that's about it.

Most large companies (and I would imagine Sherman-Williams will fall into this) have policies that cover:
    - Using company equipment for personal use without written consent
    - Taking photos/videos of company equipment, property or personnel without written consent from the company
    - Quality standards of products

So now we have this rockstar who:
    - Admittedly used company equipment
    - Filmed himself using said equipment, on company property
    - Contaminated the product
    - Posted a video to the world showing himself doing as much

If a customer calls in and says "I want a refund on this can of paint, as there was a blueberry at the bottom of it, plus I want to you pay to strip all the paint I just used, and re-apply a new coat because I don't know if there be any long term hazards of uncontrolled biological material being mixed with paint." The company can try to claim "Well even though this guy has indeed filmed himself doing such a thing on our property, using our equipment and did it without any authorization, he totally only did it the one time. For reals."

It's messy, and an unnecessary headache.

If you don't discipline him, so expand on an analogy from @Endus, what stops another employee from making a Tik Tok channel all about dipping your nutsack into different blended paints to show how close you can make the color to other fictional characters. "Check out these Smurf nuts, maaaan"

If he truly wanted to be a "marketer", go the whole way. I'll use this one post:

"Aloe Vera ������new paint mixing playlist in the bio ������������ #blueberry #BearWeek #UnitedWeDance #BeatsDaisyChallenge #paint #vibezone"

And instead have something like:

"Aloe Vera on sale $3.99/gal, new mixing playlist in the bio ������������ #blueberry #BearWeek #UnitedWeDance #BeatsDaisyChallenge #paint #vibezone"

Instead of trying to reach the VP of marketing, he could have tried working with his local store, and tie it in with their current sales & promotions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    And one video has over 6 million likes. Honestly, that's free advertising for the company and they should be paying him for it. They really need to re-evaluate their priorities and learn how to leverage social media. But as others have said, boomer dinosaurs think employee is wasting company time on social media.
    His most popular videos are ones where he throws objects into the paint that aren't supposed to be there. That's not exactly "positive" advertising.

Is drinking paint today's Tide pods?

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Anyone who comes to the defense of this guy are idiots. You could argue he maybe shouldn't have lost his job, but that's about it.

Most large companies (and I would imagine Sherman-Williams will fall into this) have policies that cover:
    - Using company equipment for personal use without written consent
    - Taking photos/videos of company equipment, property or personnel without written consent from the company
    - Quality standards of products

So now we have this rockstar who:
    - Admittedly used company equipment
    - Filmed himself using said equipment, on company property
    - Contaminated the product
    - Posted a video to the world showing himself doing as much

If a customer calls in and says "I want a refund on this can of paint, as there was a blueberry at the bottom of it, plus I want to you pay to strip all the paint I just used, and re-apply a new coat because I don't know if there be any long term hazards of uncontrolled biological material being mixed with paint." The company can try to claim "Well even though this guy has indeed filmed himself doing such a thing on our property, using our equipment and did it without any authorization, he totally only did it the one time. For reals."

It's messy, and an unnecessary headache.

If you don't discipline him, so expand on an analogy from @Endus, what stops another employee from making a Tik Tok channel all about dipping your nutsack into different blended paints to show how close you can make the color to other fictional characters. "Check out these Smurf nuts, maaaan"

If he truly wanted to be a "marketer", go the whole way. I'll use this one post:

"Aloe Vera ������new paint mixing playlist in the bio ������������ #blueberry #BearWeek #UnitedWeDance #BeatsDaisyChallenge #paint #vibezone"

And instead have something like:

"Aloe Vera on sale $3.99/gal, new mixing playlist in the bio ������������ #blueberry #BearWeek #UnitedWeDance #BeatsDaisyChallenge #paint #vibezone"

Instead of trying to reach the VP of marketing, he could have tried working with his local store, and tie it in with their current sales & promotions.

- - - Updated - - -

His most popular videos are ones where he throws objects into the paint that aren't supposed to be there. That's not exactly "positive" advertising.
    You should probably skim through the conversations rather than replying to the absolute first one lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is drinking paint today's Tide pods?
    It is called the murloc challenge, you say BRRRRRRRR while you poor it over your face and in your mouth until it sounds like a murloc.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I highly doubt they're out of touch boomers. They likely know that most of their customers don't use tiktok and couldn't care less about the viral videos from their employee misusing company product/machinery.

It is called the murloc challenge, you say BRRRRRRRR while you poor it over your face and in your mouth until it sounds like a murloc.
    HA! I'd watch that....

But that said, the murloc aggro sound actually was created by a developer gurgling yogurt...I'd guess doing that with paint would make a similar sound, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's just a really ignorant way to run a business..

"this guy is going viral mixing our pain!!! exposing us to millions of people and potentially it could be something we can capitalise on!!! but he's not doing it the right way! fire him! I mean sure he tried to tell us about his marketing idea but not!" Says old crotchety man.
    Having to replace all your drywall because some dude was mixing blueberries in it and you tried it and got mold all over your walls isn't something a company probably wants to promote.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said he purchased all the paint he used. There's no evidence that the blueberries were being resold to customers, if that's what y'all are trying to claim. He was likely fired for misusing company resources, not working while on company time and promoting the brand in a way they didn't want. The blueberry video is what prompted the investigation.

Well, if you like blueberries...I think there's someone can accommodate you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    TikTok just needs to be burned in an unholy fire.

You should probably skim through the conversations rather than replying to the absolute first one lmao.
    First, the absolute first one would be the OP.

Second, thank you for the chuckle. It's humorous being chided by someone for not reading everything before posting, when they themselves have shown in the thread that they are incapable of doing the same. I like it why hypocrites identify themselves early.

Third, the fact that you have since realized the guy is an idiot doesn't change the fact that your first reaction was he should sue, despite not even knowing what happened, is shit that deserves to be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    First, the absolute first one would be the OP.

Second, thank you for the chuckle. It's humorous being chided by someone for not reading everything before posting, when they themselves have shown in the thread that they are incapable of doing the same. I like it why hypocrites identify themselves early.

Third, the fact that you have since realized the guy is an idiot doesn't change the fact that your first reaction was he should sue, despite not even knowing what happened, is shit that deserves to be called out.
    I was going with that usually happens in these situations, there is always some kind of lawsuit and you damn well know it lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel