Is there a point to Herbalism Rank?

Hey,

quick question: Since you can pick all the herbs in SL at Herbalism skill 1, is there any benefit to raising the skill? I was thinking about shortly dropping Herbalism in exchange for Enchanting to disentchant all the quest items I got during leveling.

When getting higher, you'll probably upgrade the amounts of herbs you get. But that's just an assumption.

You get more herbs and can proc additional uncommon ones.

in BfA, the amount of herbs you get was linked to the rank of the skill for each type of herb.
    to increase the rank, you needed to do quests related to those herbs, and those quests were locked behind herbalism skill points.

i have not checked SL gathering professions yet, so i don't know if they have kept that modell.

tl;dr: skill points unlock quests, quests give rank for more herbs.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    in BfA, the amount of herbs you get was linked to the rank of the skill for each type of herb.
    to increase the rank, you needed to do quests related to those herbs, and those quests were locked behind herbalism skill points.

i have not checked SL gathering professions yet, so i don't know if they have kept that modell.

tl;dr: skill points unlock quests, quests give rank for more herbs.
    I'm not 60 yet, but I have herbing and mining almost maxed. In the 130/150s each. The trainer shows no future training available, and I have not found a single quest. Seems like its pretty simple. As your skill grows, you naturally get more ore/herbs from each node up to 150. At 1 for example, almost every common node gives 1 each, but at 130 common nodes give 3-6 each. Typically 4 or 5.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Nightshade will more often fail as a farm until its in the 30-40 range. Probably slightly more procs of other herbs also.

They basically just incorporated the gathering spell ranks from Legion and BFA directly into the skill points. Max skill means max quantity harvested.

I agree with you.

From what I understand is that you can gather more units from a single herb the higher the rank is

iirc from leveling herbalism twice, there are harvesting ranges associated with the skill rank. I don't know the specific cut-offs are, but I don't recall ever harvesting 6 of any herb when my skill was under 50. I know by 125, the range is 3-6 on common herbs and 1-4 on Nightshade.

I think it is fair to say thier isn't a huge reason to power level it like in the past. I just kinda picked a few flowers running between other activities and came up on the not notice line pretty quickly.