Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every celebrity I ever met has either been very rushed or very reserved. I never met a celebrity who while not performing was a strong personality one way or the other.

I met Bradley Cooper at the afterparty for A Star Is Born. Wonderful, charming, and smelled better than any human being I have ever met. I know that sounds strange, but whatever scent he was wearing was unreal.
    Puma Sweat.

I once fixed Robin Leache's iMac back in 2000. He was nice, computer was loaded with crap so couldn't actually do much though. Error Type 2 because he would download anything and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say, I never met anybody of a worldwide superstar status.

Probably the most famous guy I ever met was Benny Greb, a very popular drummer in drumming community. He was super nice from the get go but when I told him that I also bought a physical copy of his educational DVD even though I already had the digital version (it was a perk for donating a money to fund this very same project), he immediately hugged me, asked me if I want to take a picture and then we talked for a moment.

Other than that I had brief exchange with Clown from Slipknot after the show, he went by and for some reason asked me if it was my first show and if I am a local. After I replied that I travelled over 300km to see them, he told me to stay and came back with a 10 pairs of his mallets - you can't buy those.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just normal people that enjoy acting. Some got famous because they were in something high profile. Doesn't instantly make them bad. That'd be like saying all people are bad by default.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should probably differentiate between the people who are 'not perfect' because they're human beings, and the ones who are actively absolutely horrible. It doesn't make you an awful person to have quirks, be not super interesting at a party, or even do some petty things from time to time. It DOES make you awful to be a rapist like Bill Cosby, a fraudulent snake-oil salesman like Gwyneth Paltrow, or an anti-vaxxer like Jenny McCarthy.

Human being + money + water = instant azzhole.

All of them, and if they seem like they are not - as others have said their profession is lying you know.

Not a 'celebrity' but Mark Morton from Lamb of God is super shy. Met him at a solo gig he did in Jan. The conversation lasted like 20 seconds.

Jay Leno stayed at my hotel once. I didn't interact with him, but other staff members said he was kinda a dick.

Every youtube video/article i've read, it's usually the women who are the nasty ones on set/off set.

But i've also read/heard bad things about russel crowe who apparently was terrible to work with on Gladiator

Christian bale, I think we've all heard the that clip from terminator

Mel gibson, we've all heard that answering machine message

However, just because someone gets "famous" or is an actor and is a "nasty person" doesn't really make them any diff then anyone else, the only diff is that they're being filmed/recorded/photo every second of their life so you hear and see about it. Do You think people would say nice things about you if you had a camera on you 24/7? Would you always say nice things? the media also lies inorder to sell and loves to take things out of context. You hear about how so and so did this and that, and then a week later they confirm it was a lie....but people still only remmeber the this and that, not the fact it was a lie.

Same with AMber heard, literally lied about Johnny depp, it was proved....yet people are still treating her like a victim and him the bad guy
    Last edited by OokOok; 2020-11-25 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Human being + money + water = instant azzhole.

All of them, and if they seem like they are not - as others have said their profession is lying you know.
    It's less about the money, more about the fame.
    Though money does make it easier to get famous.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them, celebrities are the same idiots and jackasses as everyone else, seriously, and as such they have good days but mostly a whole lot of bad days also, and a great deal if not handled are shitty.

That said, I wouldn't call them WORSE than anyone else either, but if people thrust undo credit and a huge fucking spotlight on everything you do every minute of every day, then yeah, people are going to find out real fast how much the publishing doesn't match the reality.

However there are rare few special assholes that are cruel and mean often for no reason, but mostly I find it's a defense mechanism from all the shit they aren't used from everyone around them being shitty and constantly thinking they are owed something.

Working as a bouncer, in radio and Security the biggest assholes above and beyond.

Off the top of my head

Prince (Who I loved and still love) Was honestly one of the biggest fucking pricks I ever met all 3 occasions.

The Road Warriors (Hawk) Animal was cool as shit.

Vin Diesel

Usher He is/was a singer dancer I guess really small but always has bodyguards because mostly EVERYONE wants to kick his ass even many women.

I am sure there are more but those stick out in my memory.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Just gonna up and say Amber Heard.
    Can we pin and upvote this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Can we pin and upvote this?
    Only if pinning Johnny Depp right along with her.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I've heard that Tom Cruise is so friendly in person that you completely forget he's absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Only if pinning Johnny Depp right along with her.
    What for... he was cleared of all charges and she was the abuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Mark Wahlberg used to throw rocks at little black girls while yelling "Kill the n*****".

He also viciously attacked two Vietnamese men completely unprovoked in separate incidents, permanently blinding of the men in one eye. As he was being arrested, he told police, "I'll tell you now that's the mother-fucker whose head I split open." He never apologized to the man until nearly 30 years later when he was conveniently seeking a pardon for his conviction.
    He was 15/17 what does that do with how he is now?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    He was 15/17 what does that do with how he is now?
    Did you miss the part where he waited almost 30 years to finally apologize to the man he blinded in a completely unprovoked racist attack, and only did so when he was seeking a pardon for the conviction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Did you miss the part where he waited almost 30 years to finally apologize to the man he blinded in a completely unprovoked racist attack, and only did so when he was seeking a pardon for the conviction?
    I read about that part and still don't see what does have anything to do with the title 'which celebs are nasty in real life', yes, he was racist and was violent WHEN HE WAS A KID, what does that have to do with things right now? if he did those things right now I would have agreed with you 100% but to judge him base on something that happens 30 years ago when he was a kid it's just stupid

Doesn't everyone judge a grown person by how they behaved as a child?

Sean Penn was always notorious for being a jerk.

My sister met Chris Pratt once and said he was super nice and hilarious in person, but that was actually before he got big with Guardians. Perhaps fame has changed things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Doesn't everyone judge a grown person by how they behaved as a child?
    Most children aren't absolute shitstains, and if they are, I expect them to go above and beyond to make it up in their adult life.