Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Can you share? And was this post-Clooney?
    This is way before Clooney I think. This is back in WcW where she got famous for just bending over in short skirts.

Encountered her twice after shows. She acted like everyone around her is some kind of leper that will give her a disease. If she has to deal with someone she rolls her eyes and talks down to them.

She traveled around with a mini trailer and she sprints to it after shows. I was outback both times at the end and both times she ran past people wanting autographs and slammed the trailer door in their face. Shout out to the little kids that she did it to. The guys I talked to in the ring crew all said she was the worst of the worst.

Speaking of backstage wcw Kris Kanyon was an awesome guy that never gets mentioned. He played a bad guy. He exited the arena and had that stackable luggage. An older lady rushed over to get his autograph and knocked his stuff all over the parking lot. She was mortified, but he calmed her down signed her stuff and talked to her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think it's hard not to be an asshole when you're under as much public scrutiny as these people are.

Time is the one commodity no one can buy more of in a given day, and when millions of people want a slice of your time, you're gonna have to learn how to say no and sometimes come off as rude just to preserve your own mental health.
    Truth. Sometimes I see stories about a celebrity being rude when the person really just wants to be left alone or the accuser is being weird/pushy.

But then you hear stories about celebrities being dicks while on the job or at events...Ellen, who I am convinced isn't a nice/self-centered after her quarter apology.

I know a few professional athletes. Most are reserved and humble. They just want to treated normal. Probably more nerdy than stereotypes. Which makes sense because they are hard workers. A handful are extremely arrogant, larger than life egos. It's gross. They also aren't the people I would say are the most successful in life regardless of how much money have - other parts of their lives are chaos due to their personality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm actually ok with with Bale melting down over that. He is a super serious method actor, who obviously puts a lot of energy into being in the mindset of the character is he being...and some guy had his cellphone ringing during shooting.

Less of an asshole, and more of he hit max on stress levels that day. Haven't heard anything else about him being an asshole other than that one time.
    Exactly, and I believe the true assholes are the ones who try to flip someone getting frustrated.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-11-25 at 11:50 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only personally met two celebs. Jean-Claude Van Damme was friendly, but curt. It was at a big meet and greet thing so I cannot totally fault him for that.

The other was Bruce Campbell and he was just awesome. It was at a book signing around 15 years ago and he was really chill and humble. Talked and joked with everyone and stayed well after the scheduled time to make sure every person there got an autograph and/or picture.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    there are a few reddit threads dedicated to that. there are videos on youtube if you cbf reading them (search people who have met celebrities). as for most people I think it's all about timing. Like if you're gonna approach a celebrity and ask them for a photo, signature, whatever you gotta pick your time. if you do it while they are out grocery shopping with a toddler and a baby then yeah probably not the best time. if you're interrupting a meal with their family, not a good time either. I would bet a big chunk of "celebrities were rude to me" stories probably revolve around those sort of situations

Sylvester Stallone releases his bowls in the shower, and then pushes it down with his foot without the water going, causing hotel maintenance to come snake out the vile mess.

https://butteredpopcornsite.wordpres...oss-weirdness/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    Sylvester Stallone releases his bowls in the shower, and then pushes it down with his foot without the water going, causing hotel maintenance to come snake out the vile mess.

https://butteredpopcornsite.wordpres...oss-weirdness/
    Working at a hotel, some people actually do that.

In my country there is a celebrity fitness trainer and model, twice a year she is a part of special program in our Hotel. We always have to clean up the shower full of shit and tampons; and the bed sheets are usually all bloodied up. It is fucking gross.

I met Emmitt Smith and he seemed somewhat rude, but he may have been having a bad day.

Jonathan Davis of Korn was really cool when I met him. Mickey Mantle was also nice (but drunk) when I saw him on two separate occasions. Rachel Starr is an absolute sweetheart.

Most celebrities I've met have been decent if you at the very least respect them and their privacy if they request it.
    Last edited by Haylo; 2020-11-27 at 01:11 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bruce Willis is a special breed of jerk
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive only met 3 voice acting celebs at a comic con..

Ive met Steve Blum, always found him to be awesome before hand. My nephew was Dressed as Kakashi from naruto and didnt know steve voiced Orochimaru. I told my nephew this and steve started talking at my nephew in Orochimary voice. Was Hilairous

Chris rager i met and talked with alittle and tried to see if he knew of any future Dragon Ball super animation( helped his line died down so we could talk a bit) . He said he wasnt sure but was super excited about the manga. Got him to sign the back of my phone case. " explosions!" - Mr. Satan. A mix of his Mr. Satan and Mr Torgue

As well sean schemmel but his line was super busy and didnt get to talk to him much.

Cant say much for sean and Christopher Sabat because of the Aligations going on.

But steve and Chris Rager were very awesome
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Do you have any evidence that he's a shitty adult? Its not like he doubled down on shit head behaviour. Some people grow up. Some get worse.
    Once again...30 years. And the only reason he apologized was because he was looking for a pardon. That doesn't speak very well of his personal growth.

Though, to be clear, Wahlberg only thought he was responsible for blinding the man.

https://jezebel.com/mark-wahlberg-be...d-h-1670074037

In his first ever interview since the attack Johnny Trinh revealed to Mail Online he was already blind in one eye after being injured while fighting the Communists in the Vietnam War.

While Wahlberg's unprovoked assault left him shaken it did not cause any lasting damage.

'I was not blinded by Mark Wahlberg,' said 59-year-old Vietnamese-born Trinh.

'He did hurt me, but my left eye was already gone. He was not responsible for that.'
    That doesn't change the fact that Wahlberg believed he had blinded the man and still did nothing for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that Wahlberg believed he had blinded the man and still did nothing for 30 years.
    It doesn't speak well of him but I also don't think crimes committed as a teenager should reflect on him as an adult. We usually seal youth offenses for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Working at a hotel, some people actually do that.

In my country there is a celebrity fitness trainer and model, twice a year she is a part of special program in our Hotel. We always have to clean up the shower full of shit and tampons; and the bed sheets are usually all bloodied up. It is fucking gross.
    Folks are turning hotels into biological weapons.

Met the redskins cheerleaders of 1996 and they were all very down to earth and sweet for the most part. Of course it was hard to hold an in depth conversation with my jaw on the floor the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    It doesn't speak well of him but I also don't think crimes committed as a teenager should reflect on him as an adult. We usually seal youth offenses for that reason.
    We also don't usually try teenagers as adults. We aren't talking about youthful indiscretions here. He was charged with attempted murder and plead guilty for felony assault... for which he only served 45 days of his 2 year sentence. Far as I'm concerned, until he serves the rest of his sentence, he has not paid for his crime.

And he had 30 years to prove that he really was trying to be a better person...but the only reason he sought out his victim to apologize was for his own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    We also don't usually try teenagers as adults. We aren't talking about youthful indiscretions here. He was charged with attempted murder and plead guilty for felony assault... for which he only served 45 days of his 2 year sentence. Far as I'm concerned, until he serves the rest of his sentence, he has not paid for his crime.

And he had 30 years to prove that he really was trying to be a better person...but the only reason he sought out his victim to apologize was for his own benefit.
    It seems we have one person that hasn't an issue with the juvenile penal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It seems we have one person that hasn't an issue with the juvenile penal system.
    I didn't say there weren't problems with it.