Issues in Ardenweald as a Frost DK (Spoilers)

So in Ardenweald you get your first Ability as a Frost DK I got Essence of Ardentweald and it says it says, You have learned the Death's Due ability, replacing your death and decay....but as a frost DK we don't have that, is this intended?

You do have D&D as of 9.0 though. Did you not check the spellbook since prepatch? It's now separated into classwide abilities and spec specific abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

stuff like this is why people don't take DKs seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    So in Ardenweald you get your first Ability as a Frost DK I got Essence of Ardentweald and it says it says, You have learned the Death's Due ability, replacing your death and decay....but as a frost DK we don't have that, is this intended?
    Death and Decay is one of the abilities every Death Knight gets now. According to the wiki, it's learned at level 8 for all DK's.

So yes, it's intended.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love how he had time to put (Spoilers) tag , but not to check spell book in new expansion.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

"Beta Tester"
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    I love how he had time to put (Spoilers) tag , but not to check spell book in new expansion.
    Love how people are inconsiderate these days, seriously someone asks a question all you need to do is say oh ya they changed it, but instead people act like jerks and say dumb shit, not everyone plays this game 24/7, I work and have a family so not everyone can just know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Death and Decay is one of the abilities every Death Knight gets now. According to the wiki, it's learned at level 8 for all DK's.

So yes, it's intended.
    It really shouldn't be intended. I much preferred the spec fantasy that was introduced in Legion over the stupid Vanilla-esque mishmash of abilities that they all share. It's just needless button bloat which only serves to homogenize specs.

Love how people are inconsiderate these days, seriously someone asks a question all you need to do is say oh ya they changed it, but instead people act like jerks and say dumb shit, not everyone plays this game 24/7, I work and have a family so not everyone can just know everything.
    I mean... you did go through all this trouble of making a post when you could have easily just checked your spellbook or read the patch notes

10+ Year Old Account

Not necessarily inconsiderate replies, as you are the one who posted the thread asking a question that could have been easily answered without posting a thread for discussion. The replies are what you expect. Ignorance to the answer, that other people know and have provided, is not an excuse to be upset by how these answers were provided to you.

And the irony of having a beta tester icon in your signature while asking a question was not only answered almost a year ago, has since been discussed for said year, and something that could have been answered by using Google... you can't blame anybody but yourself if you really don't like the replies you received.

That being said, you justifying yourself with "work" and "family" while also trying to bad mouth other players saying they must play this game 24/7 in order to know about Frost having D&D back tells me you deserve the replies you got.

Next time think before you post, or don't have such high standards from random people on the Internet. And don't put yourself so much higher than others because you don't like the way in which you were answered.

on topic: Frost has D&D back since 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It really shouldn't be intended. I much preferred the spec fantasy that was introduced in Legion over the stupid Vanilla-esque mishmash of abilities that they all share. It's just needless button bloat which only serves to homogenize specs.

Something something "class fantasy"
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-11-24 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I disagree, I like that they gave back abilities all specs really should have, but just don't use often because it's not as effective as the core abilities for that spec. It's not like a Mage forgets how to cast Frostbolt or Arcane Explosion just because they specialize in Fire, it's part of their fantasy.

I completely agree that it can be annoying when it's an ability you won't use, though.

Death and Decay is a pretty iconic DK ability and they all SHOULD have it, as it doesn't make sense for them not to, but I understand how some specs just won't use it much.

With that said, this is how Blizzard designed it, maybe to make Death and Decay a worthwhile button to use for all specs, not just Blood. But regardless, it was a very much intentional choice

What Kalamity said, also the subtext of how you worded your question was "is it intended for Ardenweald to be useless for Frost Death Knights?"

You didn't say "I don't understand, how is this ability supposed to work?" You came in and stated what you just assumed was a fact "...as a frost DK we don't have that" and asked a question that kinda assumes someone else messed up. In other words, you came across as arrogant right off the bat. Then followed it up with "you guys are jerks, sorry I'm not a nerd like you!" Instead of "haha, my bad. I didn't think to check my spellbook."