Removing the Heart of Azeroth isn't a big deal?

Hey. I stopped playing BFA mid way through BoA. I can't really remember now if we did anything that gave a final send off to our heart of azeroth. Did we use it to heal Azeroths wounds, or was that with our legion artifacts?

The reason I ask is because I find it strange that there's no special send off for the necklace. I've just replaced 'THE HEART OF AZEROTH' with a random blue from a quest giver in Bastion. I know replacing gear happens all the time, but it's a such an important item we're seemingly just popping back into our bags.

Did I miss something while I was gone?

Edit: And while I ask about the necklace, did we actually heal Azeroth in the end? I really am struggling to remember if that was all resolved.

Nope. The plot was forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    So you really just vendor it? That's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    So you really just vendor it? That's crazy.
    To be fair, all legendary and artifact items kind of share the same fate. They all just take up slots in your bank.

Would be cool to have a proper send off with them or place them on some kind of pedestal for you to admire or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    To be fair, all legendary and artifact items kind of share the same fate. They all just take up slots in your bank.

Would be cool to have a proper send off with them or place them on some kind of pedestal for you to admire or something.
    Artifacts at least were depowered and had a little quest to explain it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Pretty much this. Ignore the sword, too. It's fine now. The problem was never the sword it was just N'Zoth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    We used it to blast N'zoth.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

In the Shadowlands our connection to Azeroth is weakened. As soon as you first arrive in the Maw, Darion says "I don't think the blessing of Azeroth will reach you here". That means the Heart of Azeroth's power, and the Azerite traits.

Canonically we still have it, and chances are we'll be seeing them used again sometime after we return to Azeroth, like how several of the artifacts were used in BfA. It's just not currently relevant and doesn't work in another plane of reality, so there's no need to give it a big final send off right at this point, because we might not actually be done with it - canonically speaking. It may even be what allows us to escape the Maw in the first place.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only we had a garrison to display it in. Kind of like the archaeology things we hang on walls, could do similar with legendaries in the garrison.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Edit: And while I ask about the necklace, did we actually heal Azeroth in the end? I really am struggling to remember if that was all resolved.
    I don't think we did, and we still have a SWORD sticking out of Silithus.

I think one problem is players (fairly, honestly) thought the sword would be a big focus of BFA when it was actually just a shoehorned faction war and was more about the consequences of the sword than trying to fix the sword. We were triaging the wounds, but BFA wasn't about resolving the core problem. So when we moved on most players feel like Blizzard have "forgotten" there's a sword sticking out of Azeroth, even though they've obviously just leaving it there for another round of long-term storytelling like they've been experimenting with for the last few expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pretty much this. Ignore the sword, too. It's fine now. The problem was never the sword it was just N'Zoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    I don't think we did, and we still have a SWORD sticking out of Silithus.
    The sword stopped being a problem at the end of Legion. We used all of our artifact weapons to neutralize the demonic power in the sword that was poisoning the world. That's the lore reason all our artifacts went away. The sword was, but is no longer, a danger to Azeroth. Without its demonic energy, it's now just a big fancy mountain.

The issue of Azeroth being wounded and needing healing hasn't been resolved, and yes it's a valid criticism of BFA that it never really addressed that. A cinematic where we return the Heart of Azeroth to the Heart Chamber along with all of the power we'd gathered through it would've easily solved it, perhaps with a side note that N'Zoth being free was keeping Azeroth from recovering fully.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said that in the future the sword sticking out of azeroth will become a problem.

I do have to agree that we could use our garrison to store such items and set them on display.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Currently doesn't work because we left the plane of existence that Azeroth lives in.

But there will probably be some sort of quest mentioning that the heart doesn't work anymore once the jailor has murdered Azeroth at the end of the expansion.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."