Voters
789. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best story so far of all expansions. Finally the undead theme isn't linked to those super ugly forsaken and their boring theme.
    And the art .... Holy sh*t. 10/10
    I really don't care for any meta or pro stuff anymore so idk idc
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle | Farodin - My personal Kaldorei army <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    That's good news, but is that fun and efficient? WQs seem like a PITA and sidequests are few.
    for me it feels atrocious / horrible - WQ are going so slow that its crazy because of how spread/low respawn mobs have - sidequests are very few and slow .

tbh when leveling 3rd toon i will most likely pick campaign again .

you can see that they rushed release - leveling experience is beyond terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Moral of the story: Don't give up, try again. And Torghast is more fun than expected.
    It is suppose to be like this, otherwise if you always end up with victory it would be shitcontent like world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    People realized that Bfa was horrible trash after the first month. We will see how Shadowlands fares after leveling when the end game systems are exposed.
    It was horrible trash since day 1 when artifact weapons were deactivated, gameplay for every spec felt like shit ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you can see that they rushed release - leveling experience is beyond terrible
    I guess some people will whine no matter what. Go try classic if you want a beyond terrible leveling experience.
    Last edited by Tripax; 2020-11-30 at 07:54 AM.

Fell for it and bought SL after all, being bitten by both Bfa and Legion not being that fun.
    No Artifact Power, Island Expeditions, Warfronts. No giant stack of World Quests or emissaries. Feels more free than before.
    Maw has a bit of Timeless Isle feel. Really low power ups, only few dailies, roaming around the area more if want to. With DH the lack of mount isn't too bad. Must be really frustrating as slower class though.
    Torghast is a lot better than that Suramar scenario or Island Expeditions.

Overall been a lot of fun.

Stay strong my son and avoid buying the trap of new expansion hype. Report back in 1 month after launch to see the truth.

Questing:
    So very few flight points, very maze-y layout. I despise Maldraxxus and Bastion for this reason.
    Bastion was a bit boring, Maldraxxus was even worse. Ardenweald and Revendreth was pretty good and fun. Revendreth is a breath of fresh air especially.
    Max level: No Flight whistle. So very few flight points... Ardenweald's mushroom travel system is kind of a joke to be honest, not sure about the other covenants.
    It's only been a couple of days and wqs are already repeating, which is a bit worrying. Some of them are acutally quite fun.
    I was gonna say I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that mobs are grey once again, in Bastion when I did the flying questline for the owlguy most of the mobs were grey on day 1-2, and retained their original levels elsewhere as well, but then it seems like it was hotfixed and now everything seems scaled up to 60. :/
    Traversing between lands is quite a hassle even with very high speed. Havent been in Oribos, or Torghast for that matter since ages.
    Torghast is not my cup of tea.
    I love that unique mounts are in game rewards, even fairly easy to get some of them. Overall I'm having quite some fun with achieves and collectibles - so very few flight points! - I even got to the animapower collecting "game" which is a huge surprise even for me. Didn't care for artifacts, much less for the necklace, but here it works for me. For now. Reps seem okay-ish.

Oh, I hate that my bags are full with anima power, that the devs specifically said in legion they didt like either, but now you also have to carry tham to your base to get rid of them instead of clicking on them. Just what did they think?
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-11-30 at 01:37 PM.

I think it's good so far, of course it's still early. ( I thought WoD was the best expansion ever for the first month or so until the newness wore off and I had done all the Garrison stuff and realized there was nothing really to do once that was done.) However this time around Blizzard has seemed to go out of their way to mitigate the max-level boredom by putting in so many activities it's almost overwhelming. Don't like World quests? Well do the Maw. Don't like the Maw? Then do Torghast runs. Don't like Torghast? Then work on you Covenant hall and soulbinds.

I think this is the worst expansion ever when it comes to start of expansion.
    My reasons:

WQs: gear rewards are well under your ilvl, they dont scale as they used to(so that you can always increase your ilvl bit by bit, but instead they are always like 10ilvl lower) and that pretty much means as soon as you get to 60 and do anything, you outgear them and they become just anima/rep grind. Didnt need any reward from WQs since day 1 when i hit 60. Doesnt help that there is no titanforging, so there is no reason to do any of the gear ones. In BfA that happened after season 2 or 3, not day 1 of expansion, and even then i did trinket ones in hopes of big titanforge.

Professions: they are terrible, best you can craft is ilvl 151 gear. Same as WQs, you outgear them on day 1 of hitting 60 most likely. There are no epic ones you can craft even for yourself only, let alone to sell. Everything is just trash to get skill points to craft legendary base items... and thats it. And everyone realistically needs like, 1 of those, because they are limited by ash, so not likely that they will spend ash on several legendaries that are not best in slot(or situational ones), or best available before raid.

Torghast: kinda useless? I mean, i know you need it for legendaires, but thats it. You do highest floors you can and you are done for the week as there is nothing else you get from them. Its just ash. Covenant made me go in after i already capped for the week and it was literally just getting that quest done, nothing else worthwhile. No anima, no gear, no ash. Its a chore that you do till ash cap per week and forget about.

Covenants and anima: kinda shitty grind, i preferred AP. Why you might ask? Well, AP was just grind to get small power gains if you really wanted to play whole day and locked nothing behind it in terms of content, but anima is actually mostly for unlocking actual content, so you dont have content unlocked and you do whatever you want like it was before, this time you grind to even unlock content. And even then its gated by souls, and thats timegated too... Not to mention that so much stuff is also timegated behind renown. Its timegate on top of timegate on top of timegate. Everything is timegated.

So yea... nothing to do until raids and m+ open, and even then there is nothing outside of them. In BfA i slowly upped my ilvl with WQs, hunted titanforge procs and did professions a lot and made a lot of gold, and now i just do 3 WQs for daily and professions only leveled up so i have them available if i need them(on 4-5 chars) and dont even bother actually making useless stuff with them. I crafted at least 100 or 1000 times more stuff in week 1 of BfA than this.

Even making 15 legendary base items to unlock next rank is kinda shitty as people just dont need them, like i said, as they are ash limited. As they have no stats or anything, people are getting only 1 item they will actually use, and even then its rarely rank 1, as thats even under normal raid in ilvl. No one is going to buy low ilvl base to make situational legendaries because they just dont have so much extra ash.

Basically, day 2-3 and you are left with nothing to do except grind anima/stygia after you do weekly m0 runs.

It might get better later, but its hard to see. They would need to add more relevant stuff to professions(and they hate that apparently), change WQs completely, add stuff to Torghast that would make you want to do it. Pretty much on reset day you do everything for the week, and then its just m+ and raids left. Seems quite weak to be honest. And quite baffling that so many people think there is so much to do... well, guess if you really want to do stuff just for the sake of doing something... but meaningful stuff there is nothing.
    Last edited by genaian; 2020-11-30 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    It was horrible trash since day 1 when artifact weapons were deactivated, gameplay for every spec felt like shit ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess some people will whine no matter what. Go try classic if you want a beyond terrible leveling experience.
    so just because classic leveling is utter horrible s...it i should be happy that SL leveling is only very bad s...it ?

classic is exackly what it was in 2004 - and that experience fits that "Age of gaming" perfeckly.

for 2020 SL leveling experience is like a from low budget 3rd rate indie mobile rpg game.

and on top of it endgame is .... just boring and bad.

unless you raid or mythic + you have literaly nothing to do which you give your char gear progression. we are straight back to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by genaian View Post
    I think this is the worst expansion ever when it comes to start of expansion.
    My reasons:

WQs: gear rewards are well under your ilvl, they dont scale as they used to(so that you can always increase your ilvl bit by bit, but instead they are always like 10ilvl lower) and that pretty much means as soon as you get to 60 and do anything, you outgear them and they become just anima/rep grind. Didnt need any reward from WQs since day 1 when i hit 60. Doesnt help that there is no titanforging, so there is no reason to do any of the gear ones. In BfA that happened after season 2 or 3, not day 1 of expansion, and even then i did trinket ones in hopes of big titanforge.

Professions: they are terrible, best you can craft is ilvl 151 gear. Same as WQs, you outgear them on day 1 of hitting 60 most likely. There are no epic ones you can craft even for yourself only, let alone to sell. Everything is just trash to get skill points to craft legendary base items... and thats it. And everyone realistically needs like, 1 of those, because they are limited by ash, so not likely that they will spend ash on several legendaries that are not best in slot(or situational ones), or best available before raid.

Torghast: kinda useless? I mean, i know you need it for legendaires, but thats it. You do highest floors you can and you are done for the week as there is nothing else you get from them. Its just ash. Covenant made me go in after i already capped for the week and it was literally just getting that quest done, nothing else worthwhile. No anima, no gear, no ash. Its a chore that you do till ash cap per week and forget about.

Covenants and anima: kinda shitty grind, i preferred AP. Why you might ask? Well, AP was just grind to get small power gains if you really wanted to play whole day and locked nothing behind it in terms of content, but anima is actually mostly for unlocking actual content, so you dont have content unlocked and you do whatever you want like it was before, this time you grind to even unlock content. And even then its gated by souls, and thats timegated too... Not to mention that so much stuff is also timegated behind renown. Its timegate on top of timegate on top of timegate. Everything is timegated.

So yea... nothing to do until raids and m+ open, and even then there is nothing outside of them. In BfA i slowly upped my ilvl with WQs, hunted titanforge procs and did professions a lot and made a lot of gold, and now i just do 3 WQs for daily and professions only leveled up so i have them available if i need them(on 4-5 chars) and dont even bother actually making useless stuff with them. I crafted at least 100 or 1000 times more stuff in week 1 of BfA than this.

Even making 15 legendary base items to unlock next rank is kinda shitty as people just dont need them, like i said, as they are ash limited. As they have no stats or anything, people are getting only 1 item they will actually use, and even then its rarely rank 1, as thats even under normal raid in ilvl. No one is going to buy low ilvl base to make situational legendaries because they just dont have so much extra ash.

Basically, day 2-3 and you are left with nothing to do except grind anima/stygia after you do weekly m0 runs.

It might get better later, but its hard to see. They would need to add more relevant stuff to professions(and they hate that apparently), change WQs completely, add stuff to Torghast that would make you want to do it. Pretty much on reset day you do everything for the week, and then its just m+ and raids left. Seems quite weak to be honest. And quite baffling that so many people think there is so much to do... well, guess if you really want to do stuff just for the sake of doing something... but meaningful stuff there is nothing.
    people who praise it are raiders

the same people who belived WoD was best expansion ever - because they could log in for raid and log off once it was over

this is WoD 2.0 . called it before release - people didnt belive me - and now there is already ton of threads on forums about how bored people already are - and that they have nothing to do.

if not for server launch issues on half of server those threads would appear 1-2 days earlier.

I'm going to throw out there that Revendreth is the best zone they've ever done. Unfortunately, I think Bastion is also the worst zone they've ever done.

Its allright. Was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information about new systems at the beginning, but im getting the understanding of it. Its only been about a week into the xpac.

Thorgast is rather boring though. Everytime I run it, I just want it to end long before im at the end. The mobs are piss easy its just alot of walking. I guess that changes as I get higher floor lvls, that will be fun. Also, the powers I get within Thorgast dont seem to matter that much. In most runs I have about everything at the two last floors. Feels like I only decide what order I want the powers in.

Sucked a bit I had to pick Night Fae on my Mag'Har BM Hunter cause the rest was shit(My main is Kyrian).

Im also getting the feeling that SL will be a 1 character xpac. Doing all these things for each covenant seems a bit much, so I gotta decide what character to focus on and forget about the others really. Just as in BfA, but that reality REALLY hit in 8.2, not at xpac launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm going to throw out there that Revendreth is the best zone they've ever done. Unfortunately, I think Bastion is also the worst zone they've ever done.
    aesthetically is whats nice about it, but in terms of gameplay id say suramar was better

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Was hyped for Bastion and I picked Kyrian for my paladin. The zone itself is rather bland and boring though :/

yes... i enjoy it a lot... except maldraxxus... that zone should burn in a fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    As a fire mage I disagree. Everything had been a cakewalk so far.
    Sounds a bit boring then.

So far I love every zone. Each one has its own unique personality, charm and aesthetic. I couldn’t say that about BfA, as the only zone I considered to be a standout experience was Drustvar, with the others being visually pleasing but ranging from average to bad in gameplay experience with the exception of a few genuinely engaging quest lines here and there.

From a story perspective so far SL trashes BfA (plot inconsistencies are there but so far not pants-on-head tier like BfA was) with the exception of Sylvanas still being a thing.

Class design is still pretty meh even though they “unpruned” certain abilities.

That’s really all that can be judged this early into the xpac.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    1. Are there only four types of people in the world, each belonging to a realm in Shadowlands? No, Blizzard implied there are many more, we just don't see them in the expansion. But then, why is Oribos ruled by the Arbiter who judges souls, in a city only connected to these four portals? Are there other Oribos-like cities out there with their own Arbiter and their own death realms?
    Someone may have already pointed this out, but when you're on the platformer where the arbiter is, you can see a vast, endless sea of objects floating off in the distance. These objects are identical to the gates you later summon to access the four zones- so it can be assumed that each of them is a dormant gateway to one of the countless realms out there, waiting to be activated.

I feel like it's also worth mentioning that only half the gateway thingies around the Ring of Transference are actually currently in use. I expect we'll probably activate more gateways as the expansion progresses.

As for why these realms are the ones we can actually see from Oribos- that's probably because they're the big, important ones that are at the core of how the Shadowlands function.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's entertaining enough for your first character.

However, it is the laziest expansion yet. There will likely be another mass exodus before the end of the year.

There is a dearth of zones, you are forced to follow one path (so by your 2nd alt, you will be extremely annoyed), and few dungeons (only 8 again). The capital city is boring (basically a watered down version of Ironforge), and I'm quite certain that the much acclaimed Torghast will become rather boring once the majority starts to recognize the patterns of how it is generated.

If you miss WoW, it is nothing more than okay. If you didn't like WoW for the past expansion or two, you will not find this expansion any better at all.

The zones are absolutely beautiful, easily the best looking zones in the whole of wow.