Voters
789. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gamers got so entitled, that there will never again be a wow expansion that will be regarded as "good" in the public eye.

The only games that can be good are suddenly released previously unknown games (Hades) or massivly overhyped games like Cyberpunk where people will praise the living shit out of it because they will never critizice anything that hyped.

The expansion is good so far. Funny thing is people allready blame raiders again for some reason... for everything... i really don't get it. You get so many ways to play the game. Play completly solo. Play only mythic+. Play only raids. Play PvP. AS long as you do group content in the end you have max level gear. Solo should not give you that. Never.
    ALso you will get new content for WEEKS. Thank god for that. So you are not forced tp nolive the shit out of the game.

Story is good so far, Zones are beautiful and honestly really not difficult to traverse, Thorgats is fun and in 3 weeks when you have your max level bis legendary you don't have to ste foot into it ever again fi you don't want do. Dungeons are inovative and fun. Granted "only" 8. And the raids looks good... can't say more to that for now.

PvP? I don't knoe or care. It's wow. PvP never was its strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's entertaining enough for your first character.

However, it is the laziest expansion yet. There will likely be another mass exodus before the end of the year.

There is a dearth of zones, you are forced to follow one path (so by your 2nd alt, you will be extremely annoyed), and few dungeons (only 8 again). The capital city is boring (basically a watered down version of Ironforge), and I'm quite certain that the much acclaimed Torghast will become rather boring once the majority starts to recognize the patterns of how it is generated.

If you miss WoW, it is nothing more than okay. If you didn't like WoW for the past expansion or two, you will not find this expansion any better at all.
    There's a massive amount of content after levelling to 60, and you don't have to take the same linear route levelling subsequent alts.

Oribos may suck, but there's basically no reason to spend any time hanging around there - my gripe with it is that it's size and being on two levels is just entirely unnecessary and creates too much transference time as you pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    And the art .... Holy sh*t. 10/10
    This. Music and the looks of everything. I loved Legion for that, but damn this is something else.

I also like Torghast a lot, can't wait to be able to push it to the limit, did several full group runs, really nice challenge even with broken balance of the classes. Even more fun with the synergy of the classes.
    M+ looks nice, bosses are quite cool, but I think they went overboard with amount of debuffs from the trash. Forty weeks will be a crapfest.

The fact that people are bashing it based on how meaningful the content is are the same bunch of idiots that were complaining that you are forced to play BfA and Legion 24/7 due to the endless grind. Now that this is not a thing and the extra content is optional they whine like little bitches cause theres "no point" to doing it. Meanwhile me and my guild have been having a blast doing all M0s and preparing for raid while looking forward to the layered release of things so I dont have to no life the shit out of the game just to keep up. Feels quite refreshing to not have to play 24/7 on lunch and still being able to enjoy other games with friends that dont play WoW.

Think I need to check out SL.. Reason I quit WoW was because of the endless grind (Legion) Mythic+ to be best prepared for raids as posible amnd not having as much time om my hands as I used to. Looking at the new system, seems to be much more casual friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    there are some complaints about timegating, and not enough to do unless you play alts.
    but that will change once raids, m+ and rated pvp unlocks.
    the new conent torghast is nice, the maw is ok but the no mounting was a dumb idea. but its 10000000000 times better than islands and warfront

Loving it, finally feels healthy to play and not a chore. I don't feel forced into any content really and this helps so much back in BFA it always felt like you had to login to do some grind and when you did not you were behind. Shadowlands feels totally different i never get that feeling "i must login" when i dont really want to. This just makes it so much more fun when i do login and never a chore. Actually been spending way more time in game than i though having fun with multiple alts spicing things up. In BFA you had so much to do on main it get stale fast.. I would give it a 7/10 (would be higher but as a raider i need to see raid first).

Only thing i think i have against Shadowland is the covenants system having power tied to it (system is fine, power is not). Still feels totally unnecessary. Also the Maw as a zone just sucks.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-11-30 at 02:54 PM.
    - Death Knight / Demon Hunter / Monk Moderator -

Why the #$%^ do I have to use wowhead for every second WQ?
    Why we got AOE cap and thousands of small minor mobs spawn, almost untagetable?

Some people says, Shadowlands is BfA 2.0. But mostly it is on metacritic. Myself i will hold with applause, because so far i very like Torghast.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

I don't give a fuck, about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Some people says, Shadowlands is BfA 2.0. But mostly it is on metacritic. Myself i will hold with applause, because so far i very like Torghast.
    If people think Shadowlands is BfA 2.0 then their problem is not with BfA but with modern WoW, which is fine, because Shadowlands is a pretty significant departure from what made BfA, BfA.
    No more infinite grinds, no more Titanforging, a more relaxed pace.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So...sounds like this is for the casual player...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Define casual though. You can still be a knowledgeable and skilled player without having to spend hours grinding same things over and over again.

only for those who lack the imagination of how to improve your power when a big neon sign isnt showing you the way.

"Casual" wasn't a criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What do you mean "sounds like"? There are completely different things. I mean your opinion is your own, but at least have basic knowledge about things you criticize.
    How are they different? You need to farm it into oblivion to stay relevant

I'm loving it so far. (Especially way more than BFA).

The dungeons are fun, the zones look amazing and I am looking forward to the rest of the story and the upcoming raids. Hopefully it will remain as good as it is to me right now.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

im liking the shadowlands expac more than legion and bfa by far. my only complaint is that we have to finish the campaign of story before we could choose covenant before 60. right now i dinged 60 expecting to join a covenant. just kinda let down after that lol.

so far though the expansion is pretty good but we need to make rogues stronger i think alliance walks over the class and its a joke a very sic joke at blizzard at this point. paladins are too strong for the game to be considered balanced. my suggestions is to recommend giving every class weaknesses and strengths rogues are too squishy and don't do decent damage for a trade off to play right now. games fucked as its left this way. the quality of the game is terrible right now.

i think the content of the shadowlands expansion is decent though it good enough to entertain.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2020-11-30 at 04:17 PM.

I'd call it less grindy, rather then casual.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I like it a lot. I was getting skeptical the weeks prior to launch but really enjoy it. The lack of endless grind is great and the reason I already have two 60s and working on my third. Goal is to have 10 by end of January. Toghast is fun as hell and the dungeons are all great in my opinion.

My only issue is how antifun the maw is. It is tedious and boring, but luckily, asides from gem slots, there is not a ton you need from there, so if you have alts that dont need a gem slot on every piece of gear, you dont have to grind the maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    im liking the shadowlands expac more than legion and bfa by far. my only complaint is that we have to finish the campaign of story before we could choose covenant before 60. right now i dinged 60 expecting to join a covenant. just kinda let down after that lol.

so far though the expansion is pretty good but we need to make rogues stronger i think alliance walks over the class and its a joke a very sic joke at blizzard at this point. paladins are too strong for the game to be considered balanced. my suggestions is to recommend giving every class weaknesses and strengths rogues are too squishy and don't do decent damage for a trade off to play right now. games fucked as its left this way. the quality of the game is terrible right now.

i think the content of the shadowlands expansion is decent though it good enough to entertain.
    What in the world are you talking about? A faction walking all over a class (heads up alliance has rogues as well). Also I have seen rogues essentially 100 to 0 people in a stun lock right now. Subtlety seems exceptionally powerful in PVP....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Shadowlands...So Far

From the view of a higher end raider:

Leveling: First time through is always the best, each zone is beautiful in its own way, and individual stories in each zone has me hooked. Music and art work always an A+ from blizzard. This time around there is a campaign quest line is clearly marked that has to be done to unlock stuff, so you may hit max level in the second to last zone, but you don't get a ton of pop up quests until you finish the campaign which is great so you never really feel overwhelmed. There are also tons of side quests that you can do as you go or save for later for days you have extra time on WoW

Second time through: I'm taking my time and doing all the side quests and gathering mats both to use and to auction off. There is a skip campaign feature which I've only heard bad things about but I don't know how it works to give a proper opinion except that everyone has told me to avoid it, I'll try it on my next alt.

Hitting lvl cap and completing your leveling campaign: Once you finish the campaign questline and hit lvl 60 you will get a quest to choose your covenant for a HUGE majority of the games population go with what is fun is the only advice I can give. If your doing high end raiding your going to go with what performs better . But if your even a casual mythic raiding guild, your covenant choice doesn't really matter. That being said some covenants just make some classes better to play. (Example: Elemental Shaman is LOADS more enjoyable to play with necrolord covenant, I personally don't see playing elemental on any other covenant). As per usual once you finish leveling and the leveling section of the campaign you will start getting a bunch of quests. Seems like a lot, but just need to knock them out one by one to unlock the few end game features.

END GAME:

Covenant: What I thought the biggest issue was going to be isn't so round of applause to blizzard for that. As long as you do the weekly anima quest and campaign quests, your caught up performance wise. This will give you renown (different from anima) which unlocks your soulbind tree. Everything else is optional, upgrade your covenant in what ever order you want. The mission table is a little more interactive allowing you to "mid-max" your followers and what slot you put them in, but at the same time so easy to use its not an annoyance. With no flying yet, the transportation upgrade for your covenant is great way to get around your zone your covenant is in. But some zones (Revendreth) are a pain to get around. I'm should be able to get my build-a-bear/monstrosity upgrade next reset which again is all optional but sounds fun.

World Quests/Callings: (formally emissaries): Nothing has really changed here. Some WQs are easier than others. Callings you now have to accept from a given NPC in your covenant hall, however its little more varied than just doing WQ's. It could be fill the bar by doing anything in the zone (collecting treasures, killing rares) to clear the dungeons in the zones.

Dungeons: Each dungeon is a part of the zones story, and each boss is varied enough to not feel like a grind when running multiple in a row. I can see a few bosses being pug killers if even one person doesn't know the fight (find a guild), but all fun and I'm excited to start running a couple mythic +'s

Maw: This is by far my least favorite part of the expansion. Down to the bar bones its do the two dailies and event, kill as many rares as you can, then leave before dying. If you die you loose half your currency but can recover it if you go back to your body, if you die again while running back to your body you loose half of what ever you have on you and the original lost currency disappears. SO if your unlucky you could multiple days of collecting if your not careful. As a higher end raider I want to get exalted with the person in the maw and collect as much stygia (maw currency) as possible to be able to buy sockets for my gear. With that, if you don't care about getting sockets for your gear then the maw is optional for you

Torghast: My favorite feature so far, I can see people playing Wow just for this feature alone. A little confusing at first. Each week only so many wings are open( I think two) and each wing has 8 layers. (only 3 layers week 1 not sure about week 2, but all will be available to unlock when raid comes out) You unlock any layer of any wing by doing the previous level layer of any wing. You collect soul ash your fist time through to go towards building or upgrading you legendary item. I believe you only need to do the highest level of each wing that rewards soul ash to get the weekly cap. So if your not a fan of torghast you only have to do minimal content of it to get what you need. I'm guessing layer 4 or 5 and past that will give you some sort of torghast currency for cosmetics, or maybe nothing at all and it's all just for fun, which I will do. I do hope they add more anima powers to torghast per raid teir, but if they don't I'm okay with that too.

Legionaries: Pick your best one for the content you "main" and go get the recipe for it, some might be better off waiting until mythic raid launches to craft their legendary, some already have there BiS and can crafting this first reset after collecting enough soul ash from torghast, and some might be better off collecting their second best legendary.

PVP: I don't pvp and I don't think rated pvp is even available yet

Overall opinion: Shadowlands is starting off strong. I think the maw could use a little tuning or something else maybe a place to bank your stygia for the day so its not ALL at risk every time you go to the maw. Torghast is super fun and I hope more anima powers get added as we go. As a higher end raider, the required content is fun, and the optional content is even more enjoyable. I feel the more casual a player you are the more enjoyable this expansion gets because you can focus on what is really fun for you and ignore the rest

This is only week one with the first reset still not here, so I'd check back in maybe a week or two into raid progress as things can ad will probably change