789. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Very true. Of course then 'the realm of Death will overrun all of the living worlds' is much less of a threat, isn't it? (unless of course the realm of Death looks like The Maw)
    Given that it is less "the realm of Death" and more "the Jailer and his forces"... Maw is pretty much exactly what you're looking at.

Despite the bursting meta for PvP, I have found the questing 50-60 refreshing with a clean storyline. Looking forwards to see the next content in Thorgast, especially the levels that are dedicated for transmog (not the mandatory ones). Plus, some regions are gorgeous, such as the Bastion!

Might be the best exp in a long time imo

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...abled%20people.

*cough* Ori and the First Playthrough Forest
    What does Twitch have to do with this? Also you posted a article that forces you to pay to read it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The only reason to play wow is to raidlog while getting 90%+ parses, so it depends on how friendly SL is to that. If it's grindy to get "the right" gear, the correct levels of whatever permagrind bullshit they have, etc... then no. Legion and BFA were not friendly to this mindset. Last xpac that was... was WOTLK.

My rule of thumb is I should only need to spend 1/4th the time outside of a raid to time inside a raid to maximize my raid potential (after hitting level cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Are you blind, sir?

It looks kinda like some places in Legion. That place with the blue dragons for example

Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    I doesn't feel like WoW anymore. I just decided to stop sub and drop this X-pack. I miss the living! large world. It's a really strange feeling for me. It's not the WoW I know.
    I think the WoW you may be describing has been gone for a number of years now. However yes, I follow you completely, but my main memories are from the vanilla/tbc/wotlk era. The game is so different now it really doesn't even resemble the original game.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-12-08 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I think the WoW you may be describing has been gone for a number of years now. But yes, I follow you completely, but my main memories are from the vanilla/tbc/wotlk era. The game is so different now it really doesn't even resemble the original game.
    its 2 different games and era lol. there are som good parts with retail right, but overall its completey different, and its not what i signed up for either when i started playing wow in the first place....

but alas these are times we are living in

I think the WoW you may be describing has been gone for a number of years now. However yes, I follow you completely, but my main memories are from the vanilla/tbc/wotlk era. The game is so different now it really doesn't even resemble the original game.
    don't discount the fact that your not the same as you were 10 years ago.
    Just as games change over time, so do people.

That is why, imo, classic was doomed from the start. Even if the game was a perfect replica, we the players are not who we where back in those days.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    don't discount the fact that your not the same as you were 10 years ago.
    Just as games change over time, so do people.

That is why, imo, classic was doomed from the start. Even if the game was a perfect replica, we the players are not who we where back in those days.
    Cant say I entirely disagree; however theres probably a little more to it than that. I think the player base has changed due to changes in the game - game leads - players follow. For instance, my (very) long standing guild, and friends list are pretty much empty. Mainly due to the "old school" type people being unhappy with the way WoW has went for the past several or more years. Now they no longer play, even on a part time, casual level. Different crowd, with different expectations of the game.

Classic, there seems to be some issues there with it that weren't there in the original release. Something about gold hording, at least thats what I heard. I only played it a short while when it first released. Also, yes, its really just the 'been there, done that' factor as well.

It's the first time since I started playing in Beta that I'm ready to quite after two weeks.

I mainly quest and explore, pugging dungeons and LFR for the stories with about a half-dozen characters. Then I go on an OCD-fueled collection rampage.

I wasn't a fan of Cataclysm or Warlords of Draenor (though I still enjoyed them enough to play them for many months), but liked the rest - including BFA. I thought BFA had several cool, fun, or interesting storylines (on the Alliance side). The terrain was also not terrible in most places (more of a puzzle for my DH main using double jump, Fel Rush, and Vengeful Retreat). The zones also looked good - even the darker ones.

The storylines in Shadowlands, to me, are at best boring. So far there's been only one character I've found interesting - Draka - and that tale didn't last long. The quest stories themselves are otherwise lifeless at best, and at worst, I feel like I'm forced help or support people and actions I disagree with. The overall storyline also seems like it should be far better than it's playing out. The fight for choice should be a very interesting one. How is this one so boring?

Shadowlands also has the worst looking zones I can remember. I'm not saying the art and models are necessarily bad, but the all-encompassing dreariness and lack of contrast in every zone (except one that still manages to feel very monochromatic) is horrible. Getting around is also not interesting. It feels very linear with no way to even attempt to puzzle around overhanging very tall sheer cliffs.

Overall it's been a grave disappointment. Since beta, I've only been unsubbed for a couple months here and there near the end of certain expansions - I don't think I've ever unsubbed from an expansion earlier than 6 months in. I'm about ready to call this one quits for good already.
    Last edited by DSRilk; 2020-12-08 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    IShadowlands also has the worst looking zones I can remember. I'm not saying the art and models are necessarily bad, but the all-encompassing dreariness and lack of contrast in every zone (except one that still manages to feel very monochromatic) is horrible. Getting around is also not interesting. It feels very linear with no way to even attempt to puzzle around overhanging very tall sheer cliffs.
    It's the same with the dungeons imo.
    I've never seen so many bland, boring, by the book dungeons that look like they came out of a random generator. Bosses are so-so but the dungeons themselves make me not want to run them often.

I think the shine will wear off faster than BFA, this is a extremely shallow timegated expansion.

And yes at the start BFA was being praised as a good expansion one of the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Active 60's with covenants picked equates to ~2million players assuming Mains and not alts.

wowranks.io/stats

Cant say I entirely disagree; however theres probably a little more to it than that. I think the player base has changed due to changes in the game - game leads - players follow. For instance, my (very) long standing guild, and friends list are pretty much empty. Mainly due to the "old school" type people being unhappy with the way WoW has went for the past several or more years. Now they no longer play, even on a part time, casual level. Different crowd, with different expectations of the game.

Classic, there seems to be some issues there with it that weren't there in the original release. Something about gold hording, at least thats what I heard. I only played it a short while when it first released. Also, yes, its really just the 'been there, done that' factor as well.
    There's probably some sort of feedback loop going on. The game changes to suit the players, the players change to suit the game, rinse+repeat ad infinitum.

After 2 resets

1) Leveling in SL is obnoxius boring and unfun - theads of fate are compelte garbage worse then campaign
    2)endgame is extremly gated
    3)raids will be usual raids - those who enjoy them would enjoy any kind of piniata that drops loot
    4)endgame for non raiders/non mythic + people is non existent and whatever remains in form of renown farm and anima gear is extremly gated

basicly - if you are a raider this is a dream expansion for you as you can log in raid log off

they baickly reverted game to cataclysm design .

for me ? im taking a break from wow - tomorrow gonna clear CN on normal and then going to play Cyberpunk - may return in 3-4 months once timegates are lifted .

i would be surprised if they didnt suffer a huge sub loss by the end of year seeing how weak and pathetic shallow and empty endgame this expansion is comapred to Legion and BfA. Cyberpunk is gonna steal a f...ton of their playerbase
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-08 at 01:52 PM.

I came back after years away (see my post history if don't believe me). My first concern with it was that I hit 60 and then had to rush 'gogogogo' through half Ardenweald and all of Revendreth to actually play the Covenants. Hated that. Side quests should be avoided at all costs on a first playthrough to anyone who hasn't started.

I don't like the Maw as it feels like a cop out. The place is empty and they added Eye of Jailer mechanic to disguise the fact that content-wise this is the drunkard step-brother to Timeless Islands or Nazjatar.

Torghast doesn't fit into WoW. I recently played Hades and Binding of Isaac. Those are very fun games that do this type of gametype MUCH better. Certain specs can steamroll Torghast and some cannot really even do Layer 3 alone--let alone 4-6 that are out soon. The Group Finder is already packed with 4/5 groups that want tank or healer only. Torghast doesn't make sense in a game designed around building a character for 15+ years. Games like Torghast are quite literally designed around discarding a toon after a run.

Daily Callings are okay now. More challenging and time consuming version of Emissaries (which was just kill 4 elites ASAP and leave). I get the feeling we got a few weeks until the hivemind at Reddit turns against these though.

I actually quite enjoy the dungeons.

I have unsubbed. I am not going to sit on forums complaining anymore than this one-time review. Once the initial new-expansion shine wears off it has the same early BFA feeling" 'this is empty.'

Not surprised to read it got record sales. At least in the northern part of North America the entire society is under lockdown again. Once a COVID vaccine is widely in use the game will ghost-town out as people have other things to do.
    Last edited by Balazzar; 2020-12-08 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There's probably some sort of feedback loop going on. The game changes to suit the players, the players change to suit the game, rinse+repeat ad infinitum.
    I'm sure there is some of this going on, but I think there becomes a point where it becomes too much change for X number of players to "learn to like".

I'm sure there is some of this going on, but I think there becomes a point where it becomes too much change for X number of players to "learn to like".
    That's just life, though. The world changes. Go along with it or find something else, but you're not going to be able to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    I came back after years away (see my post history if don't believe me). My first concern with it was that I hit 60 and then had to rush 'gogogogo' through half Ardenweald and all of Revendreth to actually play the Covenants. Hated that. Side quests should be avoided at all costs on a first playthrough to anyone who hasn't started.

I don't like the Maw as it feels like a cop out. The place is empty and they added Eye of Jailer mechanic to disguise the fact that content-wise this is the drunkard step-brother to Timeless Islands or Nazjatar.

Torghast doesn't fit into WoW. I recently played Hades and Binding of Isaac. Those are very fun games that do this type of gametype MUCH better. Certain specs can steamroll Torghast and some cannot really even do Layer 3 alone--let alone 4-6 that are out soon. The Group Finder is already packed with 4/5 groups that want tank or healer only. Torghast doesn't make sense in a game designed around building a character for 15+ years. Games like Torghast are quite literally designed around discarding a toon after a run.

Daily Callings are okay now. More challenging and time consuming version of Emissaries (which was just kill 4 elites ASAP and leave). I get the feeling we got a few weeks until the hivemind at Reddit turns against these though.

I actually quite enjoy the dungeons.

I have unsubbed. I am not going to sit on forums complaining anymore than this one-time review. Once the initial new-expansion shine wears off it has the same early BFA feeling" 'this is empty.'

Not surprised to read it got record sales. At least in the northern part of North America the entire society is under lockdown again. Once a COVID vaccine is widely in use the game will ghost-town out as people have other things to do.
    Im not far off you here mate.

I absolutely hated the "on-rails" levelling, the only enjoyable levelling zone was Revendreath in my opinion. Torghast is fun (for me at least, playing as BM/MM hunter) however as you quite rightly pointed out for some classes its basically impossible on layer 3 until they are in considerably better gear that what is available now (que people saying "omg wtf n00b i soloed it blindfold as a holy murlock blindfolded in ilvl 110 greens git gud" and so on...) yet for other classes its literally faceroll (pretty much any tank)

Dungeons are okay, seem a touch on the easy side however thats only speaking for m0. (Heroics seem kinda pointless now if im honest?)

In terms of Zones, Bastion is the best zone they have made for fucking ages. Reven is hard to navigate though and while it looks cool is basically just annoying, Arden is Hyjal 2.0 and Maldraxxus is just recycled plague shite.

Music is on the whole very poor compared to the usual standard.

Class design is very good, best since MoP.

---

All this being said, im surprised you have unsubbed already - while I do understand why you have. I think you should experience M1-15 to see how it plays out with the changed affixes, and at least do the raid on normal?

Each to their own obviously. I can see myself getting to 3/10m within the next 6-8 weeks then quitting until the next raid comes out. As far as the Anima and renown and all that shit goes I really dont care for it.

It's good and living up to everything so far. Would have preferred more dungeons at launch.