789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There's no indicator on the recipe itself of what slot it's for, unless you bring it to the rune carver.
    You could just check your journal. It tells you which ones are available, which you already have, where to get the ones you don't and what slots they use regardless of whether you own them.

It is somewhat decent, nothing espectacular...

After having leveled 4 toons to max and picking every covenant and doing the end-game content, the answer is still not a poll option.

It's ok. It is not terrible, it is not amazing. It's an improvement on BfA, but it still inherets some artifacts from the Legion era.
    I don't want to compare to other mmo's cause the fanboys will get triggered, but it's not the best mmo out there imo. Still, if you like WoW, there is plenty to do.
    Some things grind my gears. The AP redux system anima, the labyrinthian zones, the forced fly paths, the boring long new world quests, the boring and excessive secondary quests. AKA WoW still doesn't respect your time.
    Also worth noting that difficulty across the board seems higher. But that is something i imagine gear and progression systems will change.

My sugestion to people wondering wether to return is to think why they have left. Wether you can like SL will depend on those. For example, story telling is still mediocre and the campaigns are gated wich makes no sense with the stories in dungeons and raids whose plot build ups haven't actually been experienced by players. The game still has many sources of stress with the way it's designed.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-12-10 at 04:35 PM.

Being able to craft the legendary you want in the slot you want with the stats you want.
    Multiple options to gear out your character
    Covenants have barely been fleshed out, I dont think people realize that over the course of the next few months we upgrade the sanctums to have much more amenities.
    Of course they are barebones right now, we literally just started the expac.
    If you spent the first 48-72 hours of the expac rushing as much as you could, sorry for you.
    If you spent the past few days leveling multiple alts to max level, without actually looking into any of the systems in place, sorry for you.
    Last edited by ihate2beapessimist; 2020-12-10 at 04:31 PM. Reason: let me finish

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There's no indicator on the recipe itself of what slot it's for, unless you bring it to the rune carver.
    wrong again. It tells you exactly all of this information by hitting SHIFT+J and going to the POWERS tab. Your ignorance is not indicative of the system being flawed only of your willingness to spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You could just check your journal. It tells you which ones are available, which you already have, where to get the ones you don't and what slots they use regardless of whether you own them.
    Derp on my part. You're absolutely correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    wrong again. It tells you exactly all of this information by hitting SHIFT+J and going to the POWERS tab. Your ignorance is not indicative of the system being flawed only of your willingness to spread misinformation.
    The powers tab isn't the recipe itself, is it? While I've been corrected on how to see the details in-game, they absolutely aren't on the recipe itself when you mouse over it. So no, I'm not spreading "misinformation" at all.

I played beta and tbh I had no intention of buying it, however while waiting for Cyberpunk and having time off work I bought it.

The first couple of weeks of any expansion for me are the most enjoyable, from a player perspective of not raiding / grouping with a set group of people the first few weeks are lit in terms of everyone generally is decent, nice helpful but now that Season 1 has started I've already started noticing the toxicity increase.

M+, raiding, people questioning your covenant choice. In a single day (9th December) I've had so much negativity from people than I have had in the past 2 and a half weeks. This at least for me as kind of a single player is where the expansion takes a swift decline.

Content wise it's an ok expansion I love the fact it's quite relaxed, there isn't any unnecessary grinding, I've managed to get 3 to level 60 and clear all M0s and geared and a fourth at 53 so from that standpoint the expansion is excellent.

The solution to my problem would be to join a guild but I'm the type of player that dips in and out and doesn't want to commit to a schedule but from today I have no incentive to play, the elitism in people today has shown its head again and it happens every expansion but that's how it is now.

People have always enjoyed expansions in the beginning. Everything is new and you get new zones with tons of new content. It entirely depends on what you like to do. If you enjoy dungeons or raiding, there is probably no expansion that you didn't have fun in. If you wanna do things outside of that, there really isn't that much to do for very long in this expansion, but it's not as bad as some others, and the "forced grinds" that we had in Legion and BFA are way better now. You still need to do things but it's ok.

Kinda wrong place to ask since half of the replies are from people who are miserable and apathetic to everything in their lives they could make winning the lottery sound like a painful grind.

The only solution is to try of yourself and stay far away from the forums. The real sentiment of the game can be found by people who actually play it and not people who approach games with the intention of disliking it untill proven otherwise. Which by default never happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a casual, I love what Blizzard did.
    Much better with shorter quests. I don't need to spend hours and hours and hours per week farming crap.
    Torghast is cancer though.

I didnt think i'd find myself saying that it's actually quite nice, but here we are. Game still features fundamental problems though. As time goes unless you keep doing mythic+ something, you might find yourself having a very hard time getting a group to more or less anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    I really don't understand why so many people are praising shadowlands like that

I really enjoyed the leveling and the pvp tho, as well as The Maw which is exactly what it's supposed to be, a non friendly zone that put you out of your comfort zone
    you actually have to pay a little attention to what you're doing, try to find those temporary mounts here and there + the eye of the jailer getting more dangerous over time and increasing the pressure of staying there for too long, I think it's great especially in comparison of the usual world quests/dailies so easy and non engaging you're doing it while watching netflix

I think Torghast is ok, runs can be pretty fun depending on which anima power you get

As for the covenants, I liked the whole introduction story while leveling, interesting and engaging but once level 60, I have a hard time finding the motivation to grind renown

I guess WoW might not the be the right game for me anymore and it's fine, most people seem to enjoy it a whole lot so good for them
    grind renown? Its 2 weeklies, one of which literally takes minutes and doing the campaign quests.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    grind renown? Its 2 weeklies, one of which literally takes minutes and doing the campaign quests.
    I'm starting to think that some people believe "grind" simply means actually having to do something ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    That’s my feeling as of late I feel like a grandpa playing with their grandchildren. Really can’t get hyped with fairies and chasing 20 dogs bollocks for stupid quests.

The pvp seems viable on its own so at least there is that.
    For me the game just suddenly stopped feeling worth playing. It's like... yeah, I could do all this stuff, but... why?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    For me the game just suddenly stopped feeling worth playing. It's like... yeah, I could do all this stuff, but... why?
    I think I'm starting to hit that point.

If I had to guess, looking down a huge gauntlet of time gated stuff is the biggest turn off for me.

The main thing I was most looking forward to was collecting the Covenant armor sets on all my characters. Renown shouldn't be gated to all hell like this. Knowing how Blizzard works I'm just thinking I should wait like 4-6 months when they inevitably add in catchups for Renown and come back later.

That's really why I also have the "why do all this stuff" in so many scenarios with this game because as we all know they make people feel foolish by doing anything early in the expansion when you can just come back later and get it with 1/10th the time investment and much more easily.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2020-12-11 at 08:41 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I should wait like 4-6 months when they inevitably add in catchups for Renown and come back later.
    Renown catchup is already in the game. If you’re behind on renown you get extra renown for doing story quests, dungeons, calling, and other activities.

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    Renown catchup is already in the game. If you’re behind on renown you get extra renown for doing story quests, dungeons, calling, and other activities.
    Good to know! Unfortunately it's still capped so I'll still just hold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's like... yeah, I could do all this stuff, but... why?
    Now if it dropped raid quality gear, or currency for buying that gear, that would be a different story.
    Just look at how many people jumped on the pre-expansion event. Just to get gear which would soon be obsolete. Some people like gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Now if it dropped raid quality gear, or currency for buying that gear, that would be a different story.
    Just look at how many people jumped on the pre-expansion event. Just to get gear which would soon be obsolete. Some people like gear.
    Gear to me has always had the motivation that it would help me do something that would itself be worthwhile.

But I seem to have lost that in this expansion. I'm going to miss raids? Not feeling a loss. And so I won't go to M+? I never liked M+ much anyway, although I did it to help with raids. The story? Lol.

The motivational foundation seems to have been swept out from under the game, at least for me.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    That’s my feeling as of late I feel like a grandpa playing with their grandchildren. Really can’t get hyped with fairies and chasing 20 dogs bollocks for stupid quests.

The pvp seems viable on its own so at least there is that.
    I think for me the fun kind of fell out of the game when the developers pick what classes and specs are going to be Op and good to play and what classes and specs will be on the floor eating the scraps. I fell now it isn't the players who are slowly destroying the game, it is the developers as well. This to me is starting to make the game unfun. My other small gripe with the game is how they seem to be pushing you to do Mythic +'s if you really want to raid Hardcore or semi-hardcore. Less gear given in the raids which makes you grind the raids longer and if you want gear (or some kind of gear) then Mythic +'s seem to be it.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned