789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Soo...Is Shadowlands any good?

For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's good so far. Torghast is pretty amazing.

Its lit , but crafting covenant, and world quest gear is painfully useless. Pvp honor gear falls in the same boat too. Will be so quickly obsoleted when you cannot max it out prior to weeks in.

Almost finished the second zone and my group of friends are finding it hard to keep going. It’s really difficult to find what is truly the problem but we’re all feeling it. Just super boring, which is strange because I had just leveled a new character in preparation and had a blast in all the old zones.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Being forced into doing the campaign is painful. I could honestly care less about the whole "why are we here" nonsense. Point out whoever we need to kill and get on with it. Never played WoW for a "online single player RPG" like experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying it. The lack of a new class sucks though.

So far so good. Dinged 52 tonight. Maw was great, not too short, not too long, proper world building, good pace. Same for Bastion so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm enjoying it. The lack of a new class sucks though.
    That it does. They have no idea what difference a new class makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That it does. They have no idea what difference a new class makes.
    Really dumb for them not to bring in a Necromancer or Dark Ranger class into this expansion. Those two classes completely fit the theme, especially with Sylvanas and the Lich King playing prominent roles. Zero reason for them not to be introduced here.

Already slaps 7.0 and 8.0's launch content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Already slaps 7.0 and 8.0's launch content.
    Imo Legion zones blow SL's out of the water already As for BfA, as a Horde main I didn't like any of my faction zones (except maybe, maaaaaybe Nazmir), so SL wins in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

You aren't going to get any real opinions until at least a month in. Talking heads were calling BFA the best expansion ever the first week in.

It trashes BfA, and there's a hell of a lot to do, with the biggest upside being a lot of it is optional. The zones are gorgeous, dungeons are fun, and Torghast, while not what it was, is still a good time.

The Maw is still terrible, but heyo.

It's good except the abilities being tied to covenants the way they are. I found myself choosing between the thematic choice I wanted and the choices that weren't appealing but gave actual good abilities for my class/spec. I ended up going with the theme I wanted and the end result is I have abilities I don't even use because they are pretty garbage. I really wish they had just done something like tie these abilities to zones, made them a new talent row, or something else besides what they did. Otherwise SL is good, but this is a pretty severe design flaw.

...most people enjoyed WoD's leveling experience, too. It's difficult to judge an expansion off of just the launch content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit max today, the leveling was fun, though it has some crazy tonal whiplash going from mal to Ard (One ends in a major battle of dead things the next opens up with "tee hee let's pull a prank on some one". Past that the zones look nice, music is good, and treasures actually feel fun to find again. Haven't gotten into much of the endgame yet.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...most people enjoyed WoD's leveling experience, too. It's difficult to judge an expansion off of just the launch content.
    That's fair, though as someone who hasn't bought it yet I still am interested in early impressions. Overall this thread makes it sound like waiting is the better option. Maybe next xpac.

So far besides the Maw (disabling mounts is bullshit) the leveling is solid and decently paced.

As for when you hit level 60, Its a fucken chore. Tons of busy work and it honestly explains why the leveling is as fast as it is. So many different gated systems that have grinds to them.

Its like they took everything from Legion and BFA then added more to it. Ill give it a bit more since it just launched but Its already pushing me away from it.

Didn't vote since this question isn't really a yes or no yet since its so early.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My opinion - the zones, stories and overall lore are boring me to tears