Voters
789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It’s growing on me. The questing is quite a bit better than BFA, though it does wear on me a bit.

All the zones are interesting and have a strong aesthetic.

Biggest complaint is being stuck on the campaign rail until 60. Literally nothing else to do or try.

Just got to 60. Too early to really tell how good it is yet, but seems better than BFA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't say yet. but the fact I've got some new content to chew thru. i'm happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best part up to now for me (at 57lvl) is Bastion. It has amazing graphics for WoW engine, the aesthetics are amazing.
    The level up is tiring getting near 60 i guess, the 2 instances i played..the first is fun, the one with the toxic water etc is buggy a bit.
    All in all it seems fun and in most servers there were no problems at launch..Except Kazzak where i am at least...pain to login and..10k queue at afternoon haha. Well i guess the queue means ppl play this game atm.
    I think its worth buying it, SL, many cutscenes, many new enemies, the story starts to unveil and seems good. The idea of SL being really the place where the dead souls go and who created it etc is implemented in the game, giving it a reason to play and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So far besides the Maw (disabling mounts is bullshit) the leveling is solid and decently paced.

As for when you hit level 60, Its a fucken chore. Tons of busy work and it honestly explains why the leveling is as fast as it is. So many different gated systems that have grinds to them.

Its like they took everything from Legion and BFA then added more to it. Ill give it a bit more since it just launched but Its already pushing me away from it.

Didn't vote since this question isn't really a yes or no yet since its so early.
    That's completely false. There are NO grinds at all. Torghast and Renown are on a weekly lockout so there is no need to do it ASAP.
    Apart from farming gear there is definitely no grind.

Too early to judge.

I am personally not a fan of the forcefeed content method. It's the opposite of the very concept of "playing". It is essentially a theme park on rails. The first time around the game FORCES you, to do content in a specific order. There's no player agency anywhere to be found. You are just shoved around - it takes the whole aspect of adventure out of the content. I never have been and never will be a fan of this concept.

So I'm just brain-afking through the first time experience, so that I can have an actual experience on my own terms and pace after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I am personally not a fan of the forcefeed content method. It's the opposite of the very concept of "playing". It is essentially a theme park on rails. The first time around the game FORCES you, to do content in a specific order. There's no player agency anywhere to be found. You are just shoved around - it takes the whole aspect of adventure out of the content. I never have been and never will be a fan of this concept.
    This. I don't understand how they came back to that, as they reintroduced the concept of "player wanders around and find storylines in the world" a bit in BfA areas. I was expecting them to push that further and become less linear, but I guess that's not what they chose to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    This. I don't understand how they came back to that, as they reintroduced the concept of "player wanders around and find storylines in the world" a bit in BfA areas. I was expecting them to push that further and become less linear, but I guess that's not what they chose to do.
    It is weird how this was not chastised by Beta testers..... Or maybe they only allowed the yes-people into the Beta..

Quote Originally Posted by Echorausch View Post
    That's completely false. There are NO grinds at all. Torghast and Renown are on a weekly lockout so there is no need to do it ASAP.
    Apart from farming gear there is definitely no grind.
    Just because there is a weekly lockout doesn't mean it isn't a grind to do to get to that lockout.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-11-25 at 07:49 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My class is actually fun to play without any new rented powers, so it's already leaps and bounds better than BfA for me. The campaign is meh, but to be frank wows story hasn't appealed to me since WotLK and I'm still playing so it's obviously not that important to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It is weird how this was not chastised by Beta testers..... Or maybe they only allowed the yes-people into the Beta..
    It was pushed back on, but blizzard obviously wanted everyone to experience all the covenants before making an important choice between them, so it wasn't going to change. End of the day having to follow rails for the first 5 hours of an expansion really isn't that big of a deal to most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's fair, though as someone who hasn't bought it yet I still am interested in early impressions. Overall this thread makes it sound like waiting is the better option. Maybe next xpac.
    If you keep just waiting for the next xpac maybe you need to move on from WoW? It’s not going to get any “better” for people who base their entire opinion on a game from a bunch of random folks on a forum known to be full of people who are hypercritical to the point of buying and returning expansions within an hour of install if it’s not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It was pushed back on, but blizzard obviously wanted everyone to experience all the covenants before making an important choice between them, so it wasn't going to change. End of the day having to follow rails for the first 5 hours of an expansion really isn't that big of a deal to most people.
    It still defies the very concept of playing, of adventure, immersion etc.
    Yeah, and leveling shouldn't take just 5 hours. If this is the reasoning for it, then it's inherently flawed by itself.

It's ok.

Can't say the zones and questing are great. Same questing as always. The story is kind of meh with cameos for the sake of it.

I liked BfA's initial story and questing better.

The maw is extremely annoying cause you can't mount up.

Currently a 5/10 to me, it didnt stop me doing my FFXIV dailies cause of it. But, the real test is the end game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-25 at 08:11 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's about what I expected. Appreciable step forward but still a dreadful bore. And the story is the same predictable slog we get every couple expansions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It's fun? But honestly if they were going to steal the msq way of leveling from FFXIV I wish they would have taken the whole telling a complete story part of it.

As it stands i was told four different first half of stories and will have to level three other characters and wait a month or more to finish them.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I actually like it alot, altho i only leveled to 53 atm. Still having a hard time chosing wich character i wanna play

Wasn't a big fan of the zones until I got to Revendreth. That one is pretty cool. Unfortunately, after getting to the second half of the main quest chain there I seem to have gotten stuck in a diconnect loop and now cannot finish lvling my main. Fucking awesome!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    It's fun? But honestly if they were going to steal the msq way of leveling from FFXIV I wish they would have taken the whole telling a complete story part of it.

As it stands i was told four different first half of stories and will have to level three other characters and wait a month or more to finish them.
    You know I was hoping someone would bring this up. I was talking about it during Jesse's XIV stream (because of course one of the bigger names in WoW streaming playing XIV on Day 2 of Shadowlands would invite many conversations on the two) and it seems to me like the biggest problem is Blizz took the idea of an MSQ but then totally blanked on what makes having a long, linear, mandatory storyline interesting. It's the characters, and Blizz continues to just not give us interesting ones or even ones that we can grow to like for that matter. They're here for a couple hours then into the memory hole they go.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Questing is slow, dull and repetitive with no way to abandon a zone and do something else and come back later. The story is just a bunch of dribble, easily tossed to the side.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like it so far.

Just stay away from mmo champ for now. Most ppl commenting are pretty salty and never happy. The ones having fun are in-game right now