789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I've only done the introductory stuff which is essentially 50-51. I'd say that 1 level was better than the entirety of BFA tbh.

My only negative thought so far is the shear number of max level people already. It went live 11pm here and by 2/3 the next day my /who 60 was full
    You liked the glued to the ground at snail speed maw experience? Can I ask why? Because the tiny amount of story that actually happens there in the beginning is hardly better than all the questing highlights of BfA.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    There's a lot of people on here who spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to find new and interesting things to hate.
    Are you talking about yourself on MMO-C? Because it sure sounds like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It's solid if you can get past Bastion. Most players just power through without looking back. Endgame is a different story entirely to what we're used to from past expansions though. It'll be interesting to see how that goes over when more make it there.
    Well so far absolutely nothing is allaying my fears Covenants won’t be as overbearing as Garrisons were.

Well, i don't think it's lit, but it's not shit either. But i'll say it's too soon, let's see how it holds up when all content is available and most people have seen everything it has to offer, so far we basically have leveling and some max level world content, not enough to make a good judgement.

If we talk about leveling... i think that the 100% linear leveling that you must complete from start to finish is a mistake. Is not that i don't like the story (is a bit slow sometimes), but the fact that i believe that the way they did it leaves little room for the player to enjoy the zones however they want and even kills replayability.

You might say that it's fine because it'a a one time thing since your following characters will have the threads of fate alternative, but that's precisely one of the problems i have with it: i don't want to experience the story just once, i love to revisit zones and there are some bits of lore and quests i totally enjoy doing multiple times. It's just that for a second, third of whatever run... maybe i don't need the whole linear thing, maybe i just want to replay the ardenweald quests and when i'm done i might feel like replaying bastion, maybe as soon as i hit level 60 i want to move on and do my max level stuff instead of quests.

I don't know, it just seems like another overcomplicated mess that no one asked for.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    if u want accurate answer, u are way too early to ask?
    if u asking 1st impression it is amazing, but remember WoD first impression was over 10 million sub, then ended with lower than classic
    (no i don't think SL is bad, but honestly no one can really say is it good or bad in 1 day, i'd say give it a week minimum and better 2 weeks)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Are you talking about yourself on MMO-C? Because it sure sounds like it.
    Because I'm always making threads about how WoW is bad? Idk dude, I barely post. Usually when I do it's in response to somebody complaining about a complete non-issue and blowing it out of proportion.

But yeah sure, I guess it's actually me creating threads to complain about bullshit. TIL.

OT: Shadowlands is fantastic right now. Art direction is absolutely stunning, and even though the plot for Castle Nathria isn't groundbreaking or anything, we have a primary antagonist with a personality and clearly defined motivations in Denathrius. Honestly at the moment I'm into it. By this point in BfA I absolutely had reservations, and that's not the case in Shadowlands. More than happy to be spending time here for the next couple years.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-11-25 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    that's because the BfA levelling was genuinely good. So was the WoD levelling experience.
    So those were fair opinions at that given time
    It's almost as if leveling and zones only make up a fraction of an expansion's content.

Asking the wow community if anything about the game is good is not a wise thing to do actually. If there is the smallest inconvenience, the GAME IS UTTER TRASH!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You liked the glued to the ground at snail speed maw experience? Can I ask why? Because the tiny amount of story that actually happens there in the beginning is hardly better than all the questing highlights of BfA.
    I disagree completely, BFA story was utter horse shit. It never should have been the follow up from legion. I didn't mind the no mount in the maw. It made it more intense and immersive.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You know I was hoping someone would bring this up. I was talking about it during Jesse's XIV stream (because of course one of the bigger names in WoW streaming playing XIV on Day 2 of Shadowlands would invite many conversations on the two) and it seems to me like the biggest problem is Blizz took the idea of an MSQ but then totally blanked on what makes having a long, linear, mandatory storyline interesting. It's the characters, and Blizz continues to just not give us interesting ones or even ones that we can grow to like for that matter. They're here for a couple hours then into the memory hole they go.
    Oh shit Jesse Cox.. I remember him back from the Cata hype days. Cool that he plays XIV now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling is, going to be easy to level alts. Other than that can't say, it just dropped so honestly not enough time to really judge it since so much of that relies on end game.

Looks fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...most people enjoyed WoD's leveling experience, too. It's difficult to judge an expansion off of just the launch content.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    way too early to tell.
    This. The expansion hasn't been live for 2 full days yet. Any answer given here is very premature and uninformative.

Questing is what it always is (which was fine 10 years ago, but at this point is just boring and outdatef) but endgame seems to be much improved.

So in a binary world I would go lit.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    6/10 so far but still just levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    This. The expansion hasn't been live for 2 full days yet. Any answer given here is very premature and uninformative.
    Which would be a good point if the question asked had been 'Was shadowlands any good?'. Luckily, the question contains the word 'is' which refers to the present. The English language contains tenses specifically to avoid this confusion.

It's the same reason why when somebody asks me how I'm doing, I assume they're asking me how I'm doing right now. Otherwise, I'd have to say that it's too early to tell because nobody knows what the future holds, and while I may feel great now it could all change down the line.

Wouldn't know, 2 days later the server is still offline.

So far Ardenweald seems to be my fav. zone. Loved the story, looks, music... One of the best leveling zones, likely better than Azsuna.
    From some comments here I can only assume those folks over here never liked wow leveling/questing because what we have now is as WoW as it gets, Level dependant zones, with some collecting, killing and using items quests with few cinematics. Only negative so far is dungeons being locked.
    Edit: Most are voting positively so it seems that negative comments are just an overrepresentation
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2020-11-25 at 11:43 AM.