789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Almost finished the second zone and my group of friends are finding it hard to keep going. It’s really difficult to find what is truly the problem but we’re all feeling it. Just super boring, which is strange because I had just leveled a new character in preparation and had a blast in all the old zones.
    idk how you're finding it boring but sounds like you guys just need to move on. ive been playing since vanilla and been great so far for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seuchentiffy View Post
    -Graphical it´s nice well in 2 Zones in my opinion bastion is to "light" in colors and Maldraxxus is missing something to mix it up a bit it´s all to Greenish/Gray

- Storywise 2 Zones good and enjoyable, 2 to totally forget about

- Having to play all Storys before you can choose a Covenant is nice, but can lead to you needing to do a whole Zone Story at max level
    After that it´s back to the Legion/BFA recipe, Dailys/Weeklys/World Quest

-Maw is in my opinion one of the Worse zones ,if not the worse, they ever made. having to run around in that is just tilting

-Crafting System (at least for Smithing) is utter Garbage, having to have materials from every Zone just to Craft a Specific Ingot is tilting af

-Gameplay wise i feel alot weaker compared to Legion/Bfa Start when i hit Max Level

-Covenants yeah dunno yet about those, having the Story gated behind renown tho is kinda bullshit

Overall it´s a "Looks nice on the Outside, but is pretty hollow on the Inside" for now for me.
    ....man most your points are terrible lol

ill leave the subjective things like story and zone design out but what did you think was end game? WoW end game has ALWAYS been dailies, chores, dungeons, etc. its been like that since vanilla lol only difference is that you dont have infinite systems now and the weekly caps are pretty reasonable. none of it is mandatory either. the reasoning for hating the crafting system is a joke, OMG i have to get more stuff its too much work! lol Gameplay wise you have felt weaker at every new max level since BC after leveling. Thats what happens when you were geared and you go to pleb stats. go farm gear and quit crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been enjoying it more than I expected. I actually like Night Fae a decent amount even though they were my bottom pick for covenant choice. I also like MM a lot more than its BfA iteration so I'm enjoying that as well. The leveling was pretty decent although the stories could be summed up as: get introduced to covenant, covenant gets betrayed by another faction in the zone, everything goes to shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I’m still only levelling at the moment my experience with it is very positive. It’s miles better than BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Seuchentiffy View Post
    -Graphical it´s nice well in 2 Zones in my opinion bastion is to "light" in colors and Maldraxxus is missing something to mix it up a bit it´s all to Greenish/Gray

- Storywise 2 Zones good and enjoyable, 2 to totally forget about

Subjective

- Having to play all Storys before you can choose a Covenant is nice, but can lead to you needing to do a whole Zone Story at max level
    After that it´s back to the Legion/BFA recipe, Dailys/Weeklys/World Quest

You fucked up. If you just do the main quest chain, you end up having to make up the difference in xp to catch up. It's also week 1, so obviously the rest of the content isn't out. If you don't raid or PvP, that's a you problem.

-Maw is in my opinion one of the Worse zones ,if not the worse, they ever made. having to run around in that is just tilting

The Maw is a bit shit. Hopefully it'll get patched later but I do agree with this one for the most part. Worst zone ever is probably a bit of a stretch.

-Crafting System (at least for Smithing) is utter Garbage, having to have materials from every Zone just to Craft a Specific Ingot is tilting af

Crafting has used materials from multiple zones for ages. How are you only finding out about this now?

-Gameplay wise i feel alot weaker compared to Legion/Bfa Start when i hit Max Level

Rose tinted glasses. Get some gear and when the next expansion rolls around you'll remember the start of this one wrong too and complain about exactly the same thing.

-Covenants yeah dunno yet about those, having the Story gated behind renown tho is kinda bullshit

I guarantee if you could play through the entire story you'd gobble that shit up and then complain that there's nothing to do.

Overall it´s a "Looks nice on the Outside, but is pretty hollow on the Inside" for now for me.

Again, most of the content isn't even out. Idk what to tell you, it's week 1 of every expansion ever.
    I mean, I've replied in the quote but most of this seems like a big 'ol stretch to find things to pick fault with.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    It's goood , the only thing I don't like is lack of quick transportation between zones , flight paths going through oribos every time is a bit annoying
    Yeah I feel like they've regressed from BFA quite a bit with transpo. Overall it's not that big of a deal, but it's a big change from BFA.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean i expect to play it for a month at least, so it's well worth the money I spent. Will likely return to my main game sooner or later since WoW tend to have zero longevity.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    About as good as Legion and BFA, aside from not having asinine grinds and rng that came with Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    The quests got a facelift at least

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Zones look pretty good except for Bastion, bunch of tards looking like smurfs, just extremely boring stuff. I've given up on lore anyway so everything is on skip cutscenes and auto accept/turn-in.

Wow's lore has been dead too me since wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Zones look pretty good except for Bastion, bunch of tards looking like smurfs, just extremely boring stuff. I've given up on lore anyway so everything is on skip cutscenes and auto accept/turn-in.

Wow's lore has been dead too me since wotlk.
    Wait...if everything is set to auto-skip how would you even know if it's good or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Almost finished the second zone and my group of friends are finding it hard to keep going. It’s really difficult to find what is truly the problem but we’re all feeling it. Just super boring, which is strange because I had just leveled a new character in preparation and had a blast in all the old zones.
    The new zones are great and all. Love the new art style. They all feel very fresh. Once again its the art team that has saved WoW. However, the quests all feel similar and a "been there done that" kind of feel to them. Its almost cookie cutter at this point in time. Nothing really stands out. I get that Blizzard tried to freshen things up with side quests and a main campaign, but following the main campaign in Bastion was just terrible. It was slow and I had no idea what on earth was happening. I am also once that loves reading through quests but bastion was just terrible. It only got a bit interesting towards the end after the Maldraxxus attacked Bastion.

I think that is the problem most people are currently having with the game. Almost the majority of the people that I've spoke to and even on the internet have found the intro and Bastion just slow.

I'm suffering because I chose to change my realm to Draenor... take a few minutes for NPC's to talk... I'm still in Bastion I like it so far though

It's always fun with something new atleast in the start and it beats the boring shit that was bfa but as I said we will see how long the fun lasts.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Personally. I don't enjoy the setting/story either but two of your points are actually explained in-game. Point 2 is literally what the entire Kyrian story is about, point 3 is explained by Vashj herself, she chose her appearance willingly.
    Right, but I mentioned that in my comment. The point isn't that these questions aren't answerable -- they are all answerable. The point is that you have to ask them to begin with, because the story is so needlessly convoluted

I didn't buy SL and have stopped playing, but I suspect the big complaint will be that WoW is boring without loot showers. Drops are going to be rare at endgame. Players haven't gotten that far yet.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Wait...if everything is set to auto-skip how would you even know if it's good or not?
    because it's common knowledge the story in modern WoW is fucking terrible

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone on Area 52 - US, i will tell you how it is after i get through the 2000+ queue.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    Not really.
    You either raid or you play something else.

Well, right now you can't play at all due to queues, server crashes and lag but after that you raid or you play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    3. Why does a dead deformed Naga like Lady Vashj maintain not just her mortal form, but the mutated Naga one, even though most dead in the Shadowlands assume the form of the realm they're in? Why does she not take a realm-relevant shape, or heck, why wouldn't her soul appear as a Night Elf rather than a Naga?
    Story spoiler
    She does get asked this and answers it is because she chooses it to be as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You know I was hoping someone would bring this up. I was talking about it during Jesse's XIV stream (because of course one of the bigger names in WoW streaming playing XIV on Day 2 of Shadowlands would invite many conversations on the two) and it seems to me like the biggest problem is Blizz took the idea of an MSQ but then totally blanked on what makes having a long, linear, mandatory storyline interesting. It's the characters, and Blizz continues to just not give us interesting ones or even ones that we can grow to like for that matter. They're here for a couple hours then into the memory hole they go.
    the issue is that WoW's writing team is just straight up not good enough for that. They have massive egos (refer to any interview with Danuser if you want to be sure of it) and genuinely believe that they can write great and impressive stories,but when they actually try to do it....well it just doesn't work