• It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Best expac for me since Wrath. Incredible looking unique zones. Actual player choice (covenants). Gear feels good again. No more daily chores. Endgame is alt friendly. PvP is back on the menu. Torghast is the best single-player content theyve ever added. Etc

This is so much better than BFA, and even Legion (for me), it's not even remotely remotely close.
    You forgot the /s , right?

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    No its actually good. Most people on here are miserable no matter what Blizzard puts out. That's not my problem.

I have a feeling I will not be renewing my sub.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very quick overview so far - I've not particulary felt the zones were massively exciting. It's very scripted, with little/no variation in terms of quests you have to do making it feels very linear, which is something I've disliked about it compared to Legion and BFA, where you chose your zone and focus on what you want to. Instead you're doing it all, because you have to to make progress at 60. Not a fan of that personally. Zones however are amazing looking, very unique and it feels fun to see what can be done. Oribos is nice as well.

I don't like the Maw (DK player). It honestly just feels like a stupid restriction not to be allowed to mount and I'm spending my time running from A to B because why exactly? I already have a friend calling it the bore. Eye of the Jailer filling up from someone killing a mob near me meant I can't do my campaign further at this point until tomorrow.

I'm still undecided on Covenants, but I like the conduits, idea of legendaries and I'm looking forwards to new things. I have some nuances (Callings don't seem different from Emissaries beyond you have to go click them in your zone), the lack of the flightmasters whistle, professions having different caps (Fishing 200, Mining 150, Blacksmith 100, Cooking 75, why exactly?). Also what are these mission table things? I don't really understand what they were trying to do there atm.

I've done some dungeons, they seemed decent to me and I enjoying doing heroics with friends at 140 running into them and thinking about M+. I think the expansion has lots of interesting things, and Torghast seems okay, but I haven't done enough to make a more solid opinion.

So that's my very early overview. Not the quality of WoD questing, or the variety of Legion/BFA to me but decent. Max level seems okay and I'm more excited to progress conduits and soulbinds than Azerite, but I don't think it's as exciting as Legion's Artifacts from an inital viewpoint, but it has only been two days. I'll give more opinions when I've played more and levelled an Alt or two.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    No its actually good. Most people on here are miserable no matter what Blizzard puts out. That's not my problem.

Yes, it's good. Not great. Saying it's the best thing since WOTLK is absolutely damning.

Someone reading that expecting anything of the quality of MoP, would be devastated.

Not liking the Ardenweald storyline. Its like something written for a high school play.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Which would be a good point if the question asked had been 'Was shadowlands any good?'. Luckily, the question contains the word 'is' which refers to the present. The English language contains tenses specifically to avoid this confusion.

It's the same reason why when somebody asks me how I'm doing, I assume they're asking me how I'm doing right now. Otherwise, I'd have to say that it's too early to tell because nobody knows what the future holds, and while I may feel great now it could all change down the line.
    You know exactly what the question meant so no need for all this coping mental gymnastics.
    The question becomes "Was SL any good?" WHEN Shadowlands is over.
    You can grasp at the straws of the English language all you want but you're just making yourself look like an ass.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    Ask after xmas, its new and shiny

Anima sounds like artifact/azarite, so this gonna be fun...
    What do you mean "sounds like"? There are completely different things. I mean your opinion is your own, but at least have basic knowledge about things you criticize.

Faster leveling (like 5-6 hours if skipping all unnesessary, cutscenes, etc), less farm (you can do Torghast two times a week + a couple of cov and maw dailies, thats all, nothing more if you do not plan to participate in mythic world first race), more forgiving mechanics (like you can't fuck up Torghast try like Visions because you can start over and over if you fail, without any penatlies).
    But no mounts in Maw is total sh*t.

Covenantas are ok, not so big difference (for my class-spec difference between best cov and worst cov, using best conduits ofc, - something like 6% according to simulations).
    Last edited by iinverse; 2020-11-26 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Typos )

Best leveling experience that I can remember, beating even Legion and WoD.

Time will tell if the content patches will hold up but so far im calling it lit.

Just arrived in the winged Smurfs zone so it’s way too early to tell, but the slow pace with a lot of dialogues till now was nice.

I have good vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    I don't think that everyone is trash though. I literally said that some people are well adjusted. That doesn't change the fact that unless we're going to deny reality, there are a lot of dumpster fire tier opinions on these boards.

Also no, something not being an issue for me doesn't mean that somebody can't have a valid critique. The issue tends to be that 'I don't like this, fire Ion, I'm depressed and explicitly look for reasons to hate the game I pretend not to play any more' isn't a quality critique. But yeah sure. If you stop to look at a car crash, apparently that means you're in a car crash when you do that? While we're talking same boats and all...
    So you are someone who complains about complainers. Funny. Just put them on ignore if you don't like what they have to say. There will always be people with different view points. That's the internet for you, sir.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only managed to get up to 58 so far. Loat a day to lag and work...

So far so good. None can say if it is good until maybe in a couple of raids

But Shadowlands beta showed that this is a good expansion (bugs and issues aside). I would only wish that they would remove this new trend of layers of complexity (mind you, it does not mean difficulty). Borrowing powers and having all this weird systems is fun but scary if badly managed :/ See BfA..

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Eye of the Jailer filling up from someone killing a mob near me meant I can't do my campaign further at this point until tomorrow.
    I spent an hour and a half doing Maw quests, killing events and Horde and mobs aplenty for the first day and never had the eye of the jailer on me more than level 3. You must have been in there way longer. It's not true that "one guy kills a mob near me and my eye of the jailer filled up".

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Faster leveling (like 5-6 hours if skipping all unnesessary, cutscenes, etc), less farm (you can do Torghast two times a week + a couple of cov and maw dailies, thats all, nothing more if you do not plan to participate in mythic world first race), more forgiving mechanics (like you can't fuck up Torghast try like Visions because you can start over and over if you fail, without any penatlies).
    But no mounts in Maw is total sh*t.

Covenantas are ok, not so big difference (for my class-spec difference between best cov and worst cov, using best conduits ofc, - something like 6% according to simulations).
    on the other hand - if you dont mythic+/raid you have barely anything to do in endgame game ,

its double edge sword.

i personaly dont mind it since in incoming months i will be leveling 12 alts to 60 but then ? i guess legion transmog farm it is for me till 9.2 once im geared in mythic 0

So far I'm enjoying it. Make sure that you can hear the voice acting as that adds a lot to the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    ehm why? some ppl enjoy stuff
    I hate BFA core gameplay, i hated playing my paladin a lot, but that doesn't change that i did enjoy - a lot even - doing quests horde side
    ironic and strange alliance side quests were not that interesting, even if blizz did say they made lot of work and rework in them, guess lot of effort doesn't give good results, or i obviously prefer horde more in general
    but for me wrath is still one of best, because wrath lore was the most interesting for me in wow, followed 2nd by (again strangely) legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    So far I'm enjoying it. Make sure that you can hear the voice acting as that adds a lot to the experience.
    yeah i think that's one of great things added to modern wow, wow never had that much voice acting
    while some are campy (duh), tbh a lot seems actually care and passionate, long are gone days of Jill's sandwich i hope
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    on the other hand - if you dont mythic+/raid you have barely anything to do in endgame game ,

its double edge sword.

i personaly dont mind it since in incoming months i will be leveling 12 alts to 60 but then ? i guess legion transmog farm it is for me till 9.2 once im geared in mythic 0
    I mean, its mandatory activity, just to push your cov and maw progress. You have more things to do if you want (not mandatory).

Far, FAR too early to tell. Ask when people settled ind and the honeymoon phase is over. People still level to 60

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Far, FAR too early to tell. Ask when people settled ind and the honeymoon phase is over. People still level to 60
    Imo that kind of answer is useless as well. Every WoW expansion is basically two games. You can tell if launch content is worth box price or not (imo every single expansion was worth box price).

Maybe SL system will be bad long term and patch support will be poor. But from second month right question will be: "is SL worth 15$ sub this month if I did launch content already?".