Voters
789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mage is one of the worse soloing specs for something like Torghast I bet.
    No self healing, long cd interrupt.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

not feeling it, almost no desire to login to play it

alot of it his boring, Blizzard seems to make this expansion easy for alts and the mains be done for the week (with is great!) but i dont even finished the things to done on the main let alone start on alts, simply not feeling it to play

seems that shadowlands will be indeed my last expansion, BFA killed alot for me (only played until 8.1) and shadowlands if they dont improve will be the final nail

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Been replaced by other systems ... no issues so far with that.
    That are only existent in your Covenant zone and you first have to unlock them step by step. In all other zones traversal is bad with only few flight masters around and getting to them is, depending on the zone, super annoying because of the terrain (Revendreth and its flight masters on top of mountains or castles). And you know what's the worst? That every flight path between the different zones is traveling over Oribos and takes forever because of that. I understand that the zones aren't connected to each other, but why didn't they make traveling between zones just... better than this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I mean think what you want, but Warlords of Draenor and Cataclysm are considered to be some of the worst expansions by most players lol
    Most players are stupid and their opinion does not correlate with reality. You should have your own opinion about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    not feeling it, almost no desire to login to play it

alot of it his boring, Blizzard seems to make this expansion easy for alts and the mains be done for the week (with is great!) but i dont even finished the things to done on the main let alone start on alts, simply not feeling it to play

seems that shadowlands will be indeed my last expansion, BFA killed alot for me (only played until 8.1) and shadowlands if they dont improve will be the final nail
    Same. I slogged through to max level with my warlock whose pet has an AOE attack but no more AOE taunt - a great combination -, looked at the sheer number of systems and grinds in front of me, and logged out. Somehow Legion and even BFA kept me playing for months.
    Last edited by Hiromant; 2020-12-22 at 08:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsumotto View Post
    maybe they should just remove the gear rewards from world quests if they are so extremely low.
    Not so fast my dude, they help me to level my Enchanting. That gear does have its uses
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I mean they probably think that having so many elites surrounding a world quest would make people realize that it wasn't soloable but i guess some people aren't able to see logic.
    Or maybe like a lot of shit in this expansion Blizzard designed it to work with flying in place, but oh that's right we don't fucking have flying until later! Which is why Bastion for example (aka Mac'Aree 2.0) is such a fucking nightmare to travel around. This isn't a bad expansion, just a rushed expansion with a lot of the rough edges very clearly laid out for all to see. Like all the quests and rares that award vendor trash. If someone is thinking of getting it or resubbing at this point I'd recommend not doing so and waiting until patch 9.1.

Im having a blast i can mainly focus on the things i enjoy the most there are hardly any " forced grinds " that you have to do or you will fall behind.
    The only daily grind that is semi related to player power is daily maw run ( takes like 30 minutes tops ) WQ's Emissary 2.0 covenant stuff.
    Including reputations are like 98% cosmetic with a few profession recipes.
    So if your capable of figuring out what you want to do in game without having blizzard making a daily chore list for you then your going to have a blast.
    ( it takes some time getting used too for some people as blizzard has held there hand for like the last few x-packs )

Great so far. Finished layer 3 floor 6 on 4 characters, soon to be 6 and I'm ready to start mythics/honor farm when the new week comes.

I've really enjoyed the questing and story so far. Only downside for me has been the thread of fate being so scattered in ardenweald. I feel as though this zone was great on campaign but really weird when you don't have the campaign guiding you to the right spot.

A little confused why people are having confusion with the "systems". Hitting 60 and doing torghast/maw dailies is the only real requirement. Callings are just emissary 2.0 and the cov upgrades = farm anima to buy the optional boosts. I didn't play or read anything about beta and spent like 15minutes at max leveling doing a little reading and the game seems preetty simple so far.

So far, so fun. Lots of it.

Wish we had a couple more dungeons though, 8 seems very few for such a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    For killing 900k rare elite in the Maw i just got awarded by 20gold and grey item sellable for another 40g. And thats like the story of this exp...
    This nails it!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Arcane Mage ... it is just the last boss in floor 6/difficulty 3 that is unbeatable.

Up to the boss is hard, but I got to it in around 90 minutes... with 5 deaths available, but not a chance in hell of getting him down.
    That boss is random, if you abandon run and go agane, you will get different boss. Yeah there was this vampire that managed to kill me, then i had to feign death and even fully juiced i lacked a bit of dps. Abandoned shit, did it again and crushed different boss like a turd on a field.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    The Night Fae covenant theater quest is 11/10, and is more proof that Blizzard is at their best when they're poking fun at themselves (See also: The 2006 and 2010 April Fool's patch notes, before they started leaning more on WHACKY pop culture references)
    I found the theater quest laugh out loud funny at points. I'd argue it's worth joining the Night Fae just to go through once.

I have only enjoyed 2 out of 4 leveling zones so far.

Not a good start. Threads of Fate is, of course, unpolished and becomes very much a slog once the initial high of "Wooo I can go anywhere!!!" subsides and you realize how little XP you get.

So as far as the leveling experience goes, it's 6/10, carried by Revendreth and Ardenweald. If they fix Threads of Fate, it might go up further. I think it's a mistake to not let players choose which zone they want WITH the story included should they so please.

Only commenting on leveling as that's all I've had time to do so far...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Or maybe like a lot of shit in this expansion Blizzard designed it to work with flying in place, but oh that's right we don't fucking have flying until later! Which is why Bastion for example (aka Mac'Aree 2.0) is such a fucking nightmare to travel around. This isn't a bad expansion, just a rushed expansion with a lot of the rough edges very clearly laid out for all to see. Like all the quests and rares that award vendor trash. If someone is thinking of getting it or resubbing at this point I'd recommend not doing so and waiting until patch 9.1.
    If you're going to quote me at least have something of value to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it a 5/10 in it's current form.

Story was ok, obviously the rest of it is heavily time gated.
    Threads of Fate is bad, getting 1-2% per kill/item interaction in those Bonus Objective areas is painfully slow.
    The handful of world quests we have now are very boring, kill 20 of this for 100ish War Resources, sorry "Anima power".

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find there's a lot of weird quality of life issues which don't make sense. The way the covenants are laid out, the lack of flight paths especially in Bastion, the inconvenience of just getting from point A to B, the portal location inside the Maw and underwhelming rewards from rare mobs. It's like they're designed to slow you down and I already feel slightly annoyed about it. Even the world quests while fewer in numbers are easily some of the worst we've had yet IMO.

Just bringing back the Flightmaster Whistle would go a long way. Maldraxxus is easily the highlight of the game for me.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2020-11-30 at 02:03 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That boss is random, if you abandon run and go agane, you will get different boss. Yeah there was this vampire that managed to kill me, then i had to feign death and even fully juiced i lacked a bit of dps. Abandoned shit, did it again and crushed different boss like a turd on a field.
    Ye, the difference between the powers you get is insane, and the end bosses are very different in difficulty. Couldn't kill the Stone general boss(hit like a truck) ran again, got some awesome powers and endes up with a lich. He literally melted.

I was ilvl 155 then, did more today with a guild shammy, both 165-168, and it was a lot easier overall, so gear do a lot as well, just to point that out for people struggling.

Moral of the story: Don't give up, try again. And Torghast is more fun than expected.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-11-30 at 02:11 AM.

The expansion is only out for 5 days.
    We already see "Threads of Fate" Ads everywhere, including on the Battle.net Launcher.
    It is a give away that the expansion lacks real content. Blizzard wants us to level more alts.

However, I like the idea that the campaign is mandatory for the first character.
    Then you can skip for alts.

LoL at the world first level 60.
    He still has to go back to do the campaign without any reward.

I am liking it. Biggest flaw is that I am a warlock, and venthyr is dogshit for my class (or any of its specs), while kyrian/night fae are amazing, especially night fae.

I hate looking like a priest or a treehugger to be the strongest I can be, else I am missing out on a massive amount of dmg. Venthyr ability causes me to deal 10% less dps than Night fae's, when taking into account soulbinds/etc.

So ye, I am faced with the decision of playing the dogshit covenant (because I like their themes/aesthetics more), and doing as good dps as the other dpsers who play the best covenant of their class, but don't play as good... OR I could play the best covenant, and lose to only people of equal skill whose class is stronger... doesn't help that I've already been kicked from 2 dungeons due to being venthyr, due to not doing as much single target dps as a sub rogue which is fucking broken atm... even though I was literally shredding everyone on aoe... fun times.