181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The expansion is only out for 5 days.
    We already see "Threads of Fate" Ads everywhere, including on the Battle.net Launcher.
    It is a give away that the expansion lacks real content. Blizzard wants us to level more alts.

However, I like the idea that the campaign is mandatory for the first character.
    Then you can skip for alts.

LoL at the world first level 60.
    He still has to go back to do the campaign without any reward.
    The smart play is probably do just go back and do the story on alts and then switch to threads of fate right before you ding 60. That way at least we don't burn out on dungeons and world quests.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

World Quests are horrible in Shadowlans. It's huge quality downgrade from BFA. Preach is liar and marketing tool.

I'm having a blast leveling with Warmode on, there's something really fun about being able to take on lvl 60s early on as a 50 something in the expansion (before raid gear kicks in and you're nuked by high ILVL characters) my friend and I have already taken out some bounty targets and I'm enjoying the heck out of Demo warlock, it pumps!

I knew within the first week on BfA I wasn't going to enjoy it. I feel the opposite about Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    This. I don't understand how they came back to that, as they reintroduced the concept of "player wanders around and find storylines in the world" a bit in BfA areas. I was expecting them to push that further and become less linear, but I guess that's not what they chose to do.
    Have you actually played the expansion? Because there are a lot of optional quests and areas you can find in every zone. Some of the complaints people make you have to honestly wonder if they've even played the game or if they just like to make things up.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The expansion is only out for 5 days.
    We already see "Threads of Fate" Ads everywhere, including on the Battle.net Launcher.
    It is a give away that the expansion lacks real content. Blizzard wants us to level more alts.

However, I like the idea that the campaign is mandatory for the first character.
    Then you can skip for alts.

LoL at the world first level 60.
    He still has to go back to do the campaign without any reward.
    I think Threads of Fate is one of the better parts of the expansion. And I noped hard on it when i played the beta.

This is the honeymoon stage. People who still like the game are just getting started, and gearing for mythics and the raid coming out. And then, whatever patch 9.1 has in it. BfA had a good, long, solid honeymoon phase, I suspect it will be the same here.

I'm out, most likely for good, but I'm curious to see what 9.1 is, which direction they'll go in - not story-wise, that's going to be awful, but I'm curious what new zones will be coming, if any, what new mechanics and systems - you know new systems are coming. If Danuser and Ion follow their typical form, I could see the story bringing players back to Azeroth in 9.1 or 9.2. Or they'll just throw some new floating rocks in the Maw. There will be some big plot twist, with a new system built into it.

Ok, now that i got more time in and finished the questing and dungeon i'm gonna say... that well, i mostly mantain the criticism i made about the leveling being boring and the world needing dynamic events to spice it up instead of secondary quests and honestly all the chests in shadowlands that are one of the biggest wastes of resources i have ever seen. Items are almost completely useless and they clearly spent a lot of time on them.

I defend vehemently to remove chests and rares and pit in small dynamic events like invasion world quests.

Now, the rest is alright. It's more dungeons and that's the fun part.
    You got your world quests and emissaries and content like the maw and torghast and that is alright as well.
    It's just the leveling and overworld that really need a revamp, imo.

With that said... i hate the labyrinthian design from all zones except Bastion. They already unlearned the Legion lessons and are back to making overbearing, run around everything and get stuck on every piece of terrain zones.
    Oh and the flying... omg! I am waiting for the comedy strips about traveling between zones. Why on earth do we need to literally load Oribos in between? We know it goes through there. We don't need to load the city everytime!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    I knew within the first week on BfA I wasn't going to enjoy it. I feel the opposite about Shadowlands.
    Honestly, i don't think that the week 1 experience has anything to do with how the expansion is perceived later.
    The BfA leveling experience was vastly superior to the SL one. The WoD one was great as well.
    The leveling experience is a mini-game within the game.
    People judge expansion on the end-game systems and content added over time.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-30 at 04:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The levelling has 2 distinct paths, the RP-on-rails edition is only mandatory the first time, on all your alts you will get the choice of either doing that route again, or instantly completing all the main story quests and instead level up via World Quests and sidequests.
    That's good news, but is that fun and efficient? WQs seem like a PITA and sidequests are few.
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-11-30 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Mage is one of the worse soloing specs for something like Torghast I bet.
    No self healing, long cd interrupt.
    As a fire mage I disagree. Everything had been a cakewalk so far.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    That's good news, but is that fun and efficient? WQs seem like a PITA and sidequests are few.
    The treads of fate system is comparable timewise to leveling via the story, at least in my experience. The story of each zone only makes up like 60% of the quests and there are achievements in place for completing the many sidequests. The fact you also get your covenant instantly is a pretty nice power boost and all of the dungeons (normal) become available instantly instead of you having to unlock them via the story.

I prefer to do half and half because bastion and maldraxus are so fast and i hate ardenweald.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best story so far of all expansions. Finally the undead theme isn't linked to those super ugly forsaken and their boring theme.
    And the art .... Holy sh*t. 10/10
    I really don't care for any meta or pro stuff anymore so idk idc
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    for me it feels atrocious / horrible - WQ are going so slow that its crazy because of how spread/low respawn mobs have - sidequests are very few and slow .

tbh when leveling 3rd toon i will most likely pick campaign again .

you can see that they rushed release - leveling experience is beyond terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Moral of the story: Don't give up, try again. And Torghast is more fun than expected.
    It is suppose to be like this, otherwise if you always end up with victory it would be shitcontent like world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    People realized that Bfa was horrible trash after the first month. We will see how Shadowlands fares after leveling when the end game systems are exposed.
    It was horrible trash since day 1 when artifact weapons were deactivated, gameplay for every spec felt like shit ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you can see that they rushed release - leveling experience is beyond terrible
    I guess some people will whine no matter what. Go try classic if you want a beyond terrible leveling experience.
    Last edited by Tripax; 2020-11-30 at 07:54 AM.

Fell for it and bought SL after all, being bitten by both Bfa and Legion not being that fun.
    No Artifact Power, Island Expeditions, Warfronts. No giant stack of World Quests or emissaries. Feels more free than before.
    Maw has a bit of Timeless Isle feel. Really low power ups, only few dailies, roaming around the area more if want to. With DH the lack of mount isn't too bad. Must be really frustrating as slower class though.
    Torghast is a lot better than that Suramar scenario or Island Expeditions.

Overall been a lot of fun.

Stay strong my son and avoid buying the trap of new expansion hype. Report back in 1 month after launch to see the truth.

Questing:
    So very few flight points, very maze-y layout. I despise Maldraxxus and Bastion for this reason.
    Bastion was a bit boring, Maldraxxus was even worse. Ardenweald and Revendreth was pretty good and fun. Revendreth is a breath of fresh air especially.
    Max level: No Flight whistle. So very few flight points... Ardenweald's mushroom travel system is kind of a joke to be honest, not sure about the other covenants.
    It's only been a couple of days and wqs are already repeating, which is a bit worrying. Some of them are acutally quite fun.
    I was gonna say I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that mobs are grey once again, in Bastion when I did the flying questline for the owlguy most of the mobs were grey on day 1-2, and retained their original levels elsewhere as well, but then it seems like it was hotfixed and now everything seems scaled up to 60. :/
    Traversing between lands is quite a hassle even with very high speed. Havent been in Oribos, or Torghast for that matter since ages.
    Torghast is not my cup of tea.
    I love that unique mounts are in game rewards, even fairly easy to get some of them. Overall I'm having quite some fun with achieves and collectibles - so very few flight points! - I even got to the animapower collecting "game" which is a huge surprise even for me. Didn't care for artifacts, much less for the necklace, but here it works for me. For now. Reps seem okay-ish.

Oh, I hate that my bags are full with anima power, that the devs specifically said in legion they didt like either, but now you also have to carry tham to your base to get rid of them instead of clicking on them. Just what did they think?
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-11-30 at 01:37 PM.

I think it's good so far, of course it's still early. ( I thought WoD was the best expansion ever for the first month or so until the newness wore off and I had done all the Garrison stuff and realized there was nothing really to do once that was done.) However this time around Blizzard has seemed to go out of their way to mitigate the max-level boredom by putting in so many activities it's almost overwhelming. Don't like World quests? Well do the Maw. Don't like the Maw? Then do Torghast runs. Don't like Torghast? Then work on you Covenant hall and soulbinds.

I think this is the worst expansion ever when it comes to start of expansion.
    My reasons:

WQs: gear rewards are well under your ilvl, they dont scale as they used to(so that you can always increase your ilvl bit by bit, but instead they are always like 10ilvl lower) and that pretty much means as soon as you get to 60 and do anything, you outgear them and they become just anima/rep grind. Didnt need any reward from WQs since day 1 when i hit 60. Doesnt help that there is no titanforging, so there is no reason to do any of the gear ones. In BfA that happened after season 2 or 3, not day 1 of expansion, and even then i did trinket ones in hopes of big titanforge.

Professions: they are terrible, best you can craft is ilvl 151 gear. Same as WQs, you outgear them on day 1 of hitting 60 most likely. There are no epic ones you can craft even for yourself only, let alone to sell. Everything is just trash to get skill points to craft legendary base items... and thats it. And everyone realistically needs like, 1 of those, because they are limited by ash, so not likely that they will spend ash on several legendaries that are not best in slot(or situational ones), or best available before raid.

Torghast: kinda useless? I mean, i know you need it for legendaires, but thats it. You do highest floors you can and you are done for the week as there is nothing else you get from them. Its just ash. Covenant made me go in after i already capped for the week and it was literally just getting that quest done, nothing else worthwhile. No anima, no gear, no ash. Its a chore that you do till ash cap per week and forget about.

Covenants and anima: kinda shitty grind, i preferred AP. Why you might ask? Well, AP was just grind to get small power gains if you really wanted to play whole day and locked nothing behind it in terms of content, but anima is actually mostly for unlocking actual content, so you dont have content unlocked and you do whatever you want like it was before, this time you grind to even unlock content. And even then its gated by souls, and thats timegated too... Not to mention that so much stuff is also timegated behind renown. Its timegate on top of timegate on top of timegate. Everything is timegated.

So yea... nothing to do until raids and m+ open, and even then there is nothing outside of them. In BfA i slowly upped my ilvl with WQs, hunted titanforge procs and did professions a lot and made a lot of gold, and now i just do 3 WQs for daily and professions only leveled up so i have them available if i need them(on 4-5 chars) and dont even bother actually making useless stuff with them. I crafted at least 100 or 1000 times more stuff in week 1 of BfA than this.

Even making 15 legendary base items to unlock next rank is kinda shitty as people just dont need them, like i said, as they are ash limited. As they have no stats or anything, people are getting only 1 item they will actually use, and even then its rarely rank 1, as thats even under normal raid in ilvl. No one is going to buy low ilvl base to make situational legendaries because they just dont have so much extra ash.

Basically, day 2-3 and you are left with nothing to do except grind anima/stygia after you do weekly m0 runs.

It might get better later, but its hard to see. They would need to add more relevant stuff to professions(and they hate that apparently), change WQs completely, add stuff to Torghast that would make you want to do it. Pretty much on reset day you do everything for the week, and then its just m+ and raids left. Seems quite weak to be honest. And quite baffling that so many people think there is so much to do... well, guess if you really want to do stuff just for the sake of doing something... but meaningful stuff there is nothing.
    Last edited by genaian; 2020-11-30 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    It was horrible trash since day 1 when artifact weapons were deactivated, gameplay for every spec felt like shit ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess some people will whine no matter what. Go try classic if you want a beyond terrible leveling experience.
    so just because classic leveling is utter horrible s...it i should be happy that SL leveling is only very bad s...it ?

classic is exackly what it was in 2004 - and that experience fits that "Age of gaming" perfeckly.

for 2020 SL leveling experience is like a from low budget 3rd rate indie mobile rpg game.

and on top of it endgame is .... just boring and bad.

unless you raid or mythic + you have literaly nothing to do which you give your char gear progression. we are straight back to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by genaian View Post
    I think this is the worst expansion ever when it comes to start of expansion.
    My reasons:

WQs: gear rewards are well under your ilvl, they dont scale as they used to(so that you can always increase your ilvl bit by bit, but instead they are always like 10ilvl lower) and that pretty much means as soon as you get to 60 and do anything, you outgear them and they become just anima/rep grind. Didnt need any reward from WQs since day 1 when i hit 60. Doesnt help that there is no titanforging, so there is no reason to do any of the gear ones. In BfA that happened after season 2 or 3, not day 1 of expansion, and even then i did trinket ones in hopes of big titanforge.

Professions: they are terrible, best you can craft is ilvl 151 gear. Same as WQs, you outgear them on day 1 of hitting 60 most likely. There are no epic ones you can craft even for yourself only, let alone to sell. Everything is just trash to get skill points to craft legendary base items... and thats it. And everyone realistically needs like, 1 of those, because they are limited by ash, so not likely that they will spend ash on several legendaries that are not best in slot(or situational ones), or best available before raid.

Torghast: kinda useless? I mean, i know you need it for legendaires, but thats it. You do highest floors you can and you are done for the week as there is nothing else you get from them. Its just ash. Covenant made me go in after i already capped for the week and it was literally just getting that quest done, nothing else worthwhile. No anima, no gear, no ash. Its a chore that you do till ash cap per week and forget about.

Covenants and anima: kinda shitty grind, i preferred AP. Why you might ask? Well, AP was just grind to get small power gains if you really wanted to play whole day and locked nothing behind it in terms of content, but anima is actually mostly for unlocking actual content, so you dont have content unlocked and you do whatever you want like it was before, this time you grind to even unlock content. And even then its gated by souls, and thats timegated too... Not to mention that so much stuff is also timegated behind renown. Its timegate on top of timegate on top of timegate. Everything is timegated.

So yea... nothing to do until raids and m+ open, and even then there is nothing outside of them. In BfA i slowly upped my ilvl with WQs, hunted titanforge procs and did professions a lot and made a lot of gold, and now i just do 3 WQs for daily and professions only leveled up so i have them available if i need them(on 4-5 chars) and dont even bother actually making useless stuff with them. I crafted at least 100 or 1000 times more stuff in week 1 of BfA than this.

Even making 15 legendary base items to unlock next rank is kinda shitty as people just dont need them, like i said, as they are ash limited. As they have no stats or anything, people are getting only 1 item they will actually use, and even then its rarely rank 1, as thats even under normal raid in ilvl. No one is going to buy low ilvl base to make situational legendaries because they just dont have so much extra ash.

Basically, day 2-3 and you are left with nothing to do except grind anima/stygia after you do weekly m0 runs.

It might get better later, but its hard to see. They would need to add more relevant stuff to professions(and they hate that apparently), change WQs completely, add stuff to Torghast that would make you want to do it. Pretty much on reset day you do everything for the week, and then its just m+ and raids left. Seems quite weak to be honest. And quite baffling that so many people think there is so much to do... well, guess if you really want to do stuff just for the sake of doing something... but meaningful stuff there is nothing.
    people who praise it are raiders

the same people who belived WoD was best expansion ever - because they could log in for raid and log off once it was over

this is WoD 2.0 . called it before release - people didnt belive me - and now there is already ton of threads on forums about how bored people already are - and that they have nothing to do.

if not for server launch issues on half of server those threads would appear 1-2 days earlier.