789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Fair enough, I enjoy a good game of semantics just as much as anyone else.

Why was a (popular, as in everyone used it) feature of Legion and BFA, to facilitate WQs, not implemented in SL? I appreciate that not having it slows everyone down, sorry - increases 'engagement' - which is what the developers want, but what are the odds of it appearing in 9.1 after a long-ass grind for which the humble players/customers will be eternally grateful?
    Ion explained why they didn't:

The Flight Master’s Whistle will not be in Shadowlands. Some of this is due to the way Shadowlands is laid out and the way that our quest wrappers at max level are laid out. We don’t have emissaries any more and instead, we have Callings that will send you to a single zone. Navigating within that zone there are transportation options, especially if you are a member of that given zone, through unlocking your covenant’s transportation network.

What spawned the Flight Whistle was things like the Warden and Kirin Tor emissaries in Legion, or the War Campaign objectives in BFA, where you’d look at the map and the game was telling you ‘hey you need to visit these four zones and criss-cross thousands of yards in game in order to complete this single objective.’ That turned into an onerous amount of travel time, but in Shadowlands, we’re not asking players to do that in the same way this time around. Plus…there’s a little bit of the fantasy of the whistle in the Shadowlands and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    From the view of a higher end raider:

Leveling: First time through is always the best, each zone is beautiful in its own way, and individual stories in each zone has me hooked. Music and art work always an A+ from blizzard. This time around there is a campaign quest line is clearly marked that has to be done to unlock stuff, so you may hit max level in the second to last zone, but you don't get a ton of pop up quests until you finish the campaign which is great so you never really feel overwhelmed. There are also tons of side quests that you can do as you go or save for later for days you have extra time on WoW

Second time through: I'm taking my time and doing all the side quests and gathering mats both to use and to auction off. There is a skip campaign feature which I've only heard bad things about but I don't know how it works to give a proper opinion except that everyone has told me to avoid it, I'll try it on my next alt.

Hitting lvl cap and completing your leveling campaign: Once you finish the campaign questline and hit lvl 60 you will get a quest to choose your covenant for a HUGE majority of the games population go with what is fun is the only advice I can give. If your doing high end raiding your going to go with what performs better . But if your even a casual mythic raiding guild, your covenant choice doesn't really matter. That being said some covenants just make some classes better to play. (Example: Elemental Shaman is LOADS more enjoyable to play with necrolord covenant, I personally don't see playing elemental on any other covenant). As per usual once you finish leveling and the leveling section of the campaign you will start getting a bunch of quests. Seems like a lot, but just need to knock them out one by one to unlock the few end game features.

END GAME:

Covenant: What I thought the biggest issue was going to be isn't so round of applause to blizzard for that. As long as you do the weekly anima quest and campaign quests, your caught up performance wise. This will give you renown (different from anima) which unlocks your soulbind tree. Everything else is optional, upgrade your covenant in what ever order you want. The mission table is a little more interactive allowing you to "mid-max" your followers and what slot you put them in, but at the same time so easy to use its not an annoyance. With no flying yet, the transportation upgrade for your covenant is great way to get around your zone your covenant is in. But some zones (Revendreth) are a pain to get around. I'm should be able to get my build-a-bear/monstrosity upgrade next reset which again is all optional but sounds fun.

World Quests/Callings: (formally emissaries): Nothing has really changed here. Some WQs are easier than others. Callings you now have to accept from a given NPC in your covenant hall, however its little more varied than just doing WQ's. It could be fill the bar by doing anything in the zone (collecting treasures, killing rares) to clear the dungeons in the zones.

Dungeons: Each dungeon is a part of the zones story, and each boss is varied enough to not feel like a grind when running multiple in a row. I can see a few bosses being pug killers if even one person doesn't know the fight (find a guild), but all fun and I'm excited to start running a couple mythic +'s

Maw: This is by far my least favorite part of the expansion. Down to the bar bones its do the two dailies and event, kill as many rares as you can, then leave before dying. If you die you loose half your currency but can recover it if you go back to your body, if you die again while running back to your body you loose half of what ever you have on you and the original lost currency disappears. SO if your unlucky you could multiple days of collecting if your not careful. As a higher end raider I want to get exalted with the person in the maw and collect as much stygia (maw currency) as possible to be able to buy sockets for my gear. With that, if you don't care about getting sockets for your gear then the maw is optional for you

Torghast: My favorite feature so far, I can see people playing Wow just for this feature alone. A little confusing at first. Each week only so many wings are open( I think two) and each wing has 8 layers. (only 3 layers week 1 not sure about week 2, but all will be available to unlock when raid comes out) You unlock any layer of any wing by doing the previous level layer of any wing. You collect soul ash your fist time through to go towards building or upgrading you legendary item. I believe you only need to do the highest level of each wing that rewards soul ash to get the weekly cap. So if your not a fan of torghast you only have to do minimal content of it to get what you need. I'm guessing layer 4 or 5 and past that will give you some sort of torghast currency for cosmetics, or maybe nothing at all and it's all just for fun, which I will do. I do hope they add more anima powers to torghast per raid teir, but if they don't I'm okay with that too.

Legionaries: Pick your best one for the content you "main" and go get the recipe for it, some might be better off waiting until mythic raid launches to craft their legendary, some already have there BiS and can crafting this first reset after collecting enough soul ash from torghast, and some might be better off collecting their second best legendary.

PVP: I don't pvp and I don't think rated pvp is even available yet

Overall opinion: Shadowlands is starting off strong. I think the maw could use a little tuning or something else maybe a place to bank your stygia for the day so its not ALL at risk every time you go to the maw. Torghast is super fun and I hope more anima powers get added as we go. As a higher end raider, the required content is fun, and the optional content is even more enjoyable. I feel the more casual a player you are the more enjoyable this expansion gets because you can focus on what is really fun for you and ignore the rest

This is only week one with the first reset still not here, so I'd check back in maybe a week or two into raid progress as things can ad will probably change
    Did you just tell people to find a guild for dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    You do get a covenant hearthstone at a certain level of renown.
    Interesting. Any idea what level?

This is just basic convenience, imo it should have been there from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Ion explained why they didn't:
    I'm not really buying what he's selling there, emissaries and callings are basically the same thing, most emissaries took place in one zone, and travel is generally MUCH harder in SL.

Not that my opinion matters, but this specific removal feels like forced immersion/a time sink.

That said, it won't matter after the flying patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I'm not really buying what he's selling there, emissaries and callings are basically the same thing, most emissaries took place in one zone, and travel is generally MUCH harder in SL.
    Except they didn't. 3 of the reps(Tortollans, faction war rep, and Champions of Azeroth), took place in all 6 zones and couldn't be completed in one zone at all. There was a ton of travel involved. Also, since reps aren't required for flying anymore, and travel has been significantly reduced with each zone being separate from the others, there is no need for the whistle.

Also, it is not a removal since you never had it in Shadowlands to begin with. You still have it for the zones you unlocked it for.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except they didn't. 3 of the reps(Tortollans, faction war rep, and Champions of Azeroth), took place in all 6 zones and couldn't be completed in one zone at all. There was a ton of travel involved. Also, since reps aren't required for flying anymore, and travel has been significantly reduced with each zone being separate from the others, there is no need for the whistle.

Also, it is not a removal since you never had it in Shadowlands to begin with. You still have it for the zones you unlocked it for.
    I mean, okay. I don't wanna argue, it's my opinion that travel in these zones is bitchy enough, and FPs scarce enough, to warrant the Whistle working here, even if it had a longer cool down.

Leagues better and more entertaining than BFA. I was already half way out of the door by now in BFA. I cannot get enough of Shadowlands.

In all reality, it will probably end up like the last x number of xyz expansions. Received well at first, then diminish - even the most ardent "new WoW" fan knows this. It's not like the old days anymore where the game has staying power that keeps people invested deeply into it. Each new expansion is fun and new for a little while, then takes a cliff dive. Its a very well established pattern; however, its just the nature of the overall game design these days.

I have to admit im bored of it already and doubt ill keep my sub.
    My long time guild have interest so i found a new guild and most in there are not overly impressed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Ardenweald was extremely confusing to me. They didn't really make it clear why the Drust was invading Ardenweald, or what the Drust actually is. Maybe it's because I'm Horde and never played through Drustvar? Even so, the story needs to be more self-contained.
    The Drust pretty much just attacked when the Night Fae were already weakened by the Drought, there isn't really much to tell.

As to "what they are", yes, that would mostly be explained by playing through Drustvar on Alliance. Horde doesn't get that story same way Alliance didn't really get the whole deal with G'huun.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Right now, its mid, we are still waiting for PVP/PVE Season to start in 2 days
    Little problems - world quests is to long to complete, some dungeon are rlly boring, in pvp, some classes dealing TO MUCH DMG.
    Last edited by ArkantosChampion; 2020-12-06 at 04:49 PM.
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Interesting. Any idea what level?

This is just basic convenience, imo it should have been there from the start.
    From what i've seen, it's an actual Hearthstone themed after your Covenant, not a port to your Sanctum. And 11.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm having more fun than i had in a long time playing this game.
    yes, it's great.
    I don't have to do any borrowed power grind like I had to back in Legion and BfA.
    With war/titanforging gone, I actually can farm gear i want without worrying if it'll upgrade or not. I actually have a BiS list to manage.
    Dungeons are the right level of difficulty and fun (except the second boss in Mists of Tirna Scythe. I hate that boss with a passion).
    Torghast is absolutely fun. I'm enjoying it every run I do in it with my friends.
    The Maw is a barren wasteland of grey, boring, and mediocre dailies, with the inability to mount there unless it's a specific mount, but that's the only downside to the expansion so far.
    9/10, would play Shadowlands again.

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    I have to admit im bored of it already and doubt ill keep my sub.
    My long time guild have interest so i found a new guild and most in there are not overly impressed either.
    I haven't bought it, doubt I will. I just watched a youtube video from Lazypeon going through the zones and gameplay. Doesn't look too appealing. It seems rather lackluster overall. Although I haven't been a hardcore WoW follower for some years now, consensus seems Legion was the pinnacle for the "new WoW" era. Too bad I missed most of it.

I do like the changes such level and item squish, and more 'old school' like gearing. But that's not enough to get me to bite considering the above mentioned.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-12-06 at 05:35 PM.

Enjoyed levelling and enjoy dungeons and Torghast is even better than Visions (which I like bar the rushing)

The Covenant mini-games, soulbinds and such is kinda weak filler, but no Big harm

My two major gripes:

1. Not feeling like Im in the afterlife. Ardenweald really comes as just another forest, and while I like Revendreth Im not getting souls being judged. Apart from the Maw Id need to be told this place isnt another Island in the normal world

2. Legendaries. I sup we need a reason to do Torghast, but what a letdown. Old questlines right back to Thunderfury blows this crap straight out of the water. Everything about it is stupid. Literally everything...

I doesn't feel like WoW anymore. I just decided to stop sub and drop this X-pack. I miss the living! large world. It's a really strange feeling for me. It's not the WoW I know.

Every expansion is great at first. My favorite expansion going by the first month alone was WoD, and WoD turned out to be the worst expansion.

Right now we have a lot to work towards and keep us busy. Let's see where we are in a month or two when people exalted with every faction. Routinely doing m+15. And clearing CN at least on heroic.

I love it. Doing legacy raids is a pain in the ass though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Every expansion is great at first. My favorite expansion going by the first month alone was WoD, and WoD turned out to be the worst expansion.

Right now we have a lot to work towards and keep us busy. Let's see where we are in a month or two when people exalted with every faction. Routinely doing m+15. And clearing CN at least on heroic.
    Tbf here, WoD had no post-launch content outside of raiding, Ashran, and apexis crystal grinds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Ardenweald really comes as just another forest
    Are you blind, sir?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Dungeons are great so far.

There are some that seem to have too much trash, and there are some annoying mechanics, but overall they're very good.
    I've only done some of them but I do think that they're overusing the "here's shit on the ground, you need to move" mechanic. Combined with what I think of as the "balls to the face" mechanic it's... all over. The last boss of Spires was interesting though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    ...My two major gripes:

1. Not feeling like Im in the afterlife. Ardenweald really comes as just another forest, and while I like Revendreth Im not getting souls being judged. Apart from the Maw Id need to be told this place isnt another Island in the normal world
    I get that and agree. We're in the AFTERLIFE. Yet it just feels like another place. It doesn't feel different enough from live Azeroth and if you just teleported someone there and didn't tell them it was supposed to be the afterlife and asked them top judge where they were based on the environment, no one would guess that it's the realm of death. Obviously they would from the dialog etc but not the environment.

Even the Maw is not that different from Argus or the Firelands.

Doubt it will keep the same amount of subs as BFA did, but I am hoping. Seems fine to me anyway.