Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    The only thing proven in this thread is that different people like different things, and no matter how Blizzard does a zone, someone will bitch.
    Bitching isn't bad when the reason is valid. The whole idea behind the Kyrian mythology of purging your mortal memories doesn't seem to be appealing to almost anyone. They come off more like a blue cult than a heavenly charity organization. Maybe that's the point and things will change once players intervene but for now I'm not really interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I love WoW. I've been playing it since I was 12 back in early TBC.

Now that that's out of the way. Is anyone else finding it a real chore to play through Bastion? It looks alright, but it's also so samey. It has barely any variation in its looks. We've also done this sort of thing before. We've purified ourselves in Pandaria...we've fought similar constructs in Mac'aree (which Bastion reminds me of) I honestly expected more from Blizzard here. I really am struggling to care about doing all these Kryian trials. It's nothing new and I know in the end it won't be important. Bastion just lacks that something special that other zones have had.

Edit: In case you feel inclined to write something like, 'People like different stuff', don't bother, you're really wasting your time. Yes, of course everything is subjective. This is my subjective opinion. It's a discussion, not an attack on your very soul. It's great that you love Bastion. I don't.
    wait till yu get to maldraxus - its even more slow and boring

5+ Year Old Account
    I just want to get into a giant fel reaver n burn it all down along with all the cringy angel smurfs...

That should be a world quest imho

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I'm kinda with you on this one.
    I've only done like 1/3 of Bastion and honestly I am really tired of the story questline. I ended up walking off to find regular quests, which I did, and I am enjoying that a lot more than the on rails ones.

The zone is still gorgeous though and I love the little owl people.
    agreed !

i noticed it too that regular quests are much more fun to do then campaign !!!! ad give much better XP !

and blizzard knew it - thats why they lieraly forced us into doing linear campaign !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Right, I enjoyed bastion and maldraxxus but Ardenweald was guhhh dragged on.
    dont scare me

im about to start Ardenwald tonight

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Now comes the shocker: I thing the zone looks great, I personally found the story done well enough. Overall, it was a pleasing experience. And I still don't line the zone. It's not "my" zone.

Pretty boring, yes. Still not as bad as Ardenweald which was not only boring but a lot more childlish.

Maldraxxus and Revendreth are nice though. Of course .. subjective things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont scare me

im about to start Ardenwald tonight
    Ardenweald isnt bad, it just feels very slow at times, and thus feels MUCH slower than the rest.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Bastion, Maldraxxus on the other hand is lame feeling.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

At least Bastion looks good. Maldraxxus on the other hand... jeeez that was a real depressing slog. I only kinda like Ardenweald and maybe Revendreth. Without flying that is.

Well if the second best zone has bored you to tears, may I suggest GW2 or something

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Not a fan either. The colors in Bastion are all so pale and dull.. I expected something more akin to the High Heavens of Diablo.
    Those angels actually look bad ass...

Questing was indifferent, but the story was somewhat interesting but the looks, oh boy!
    Same with Maldraxxus, story is good, but the quests are the same.
    Ardenweald - same quests as we have seen before, I like the story a bit more, but I might be biased because I loved Waycrest Manor mystique. Zone looks amazing and if anyone plays in Ardenweald without the music... you are missing A LOT.
    Revendreth yet to be explored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Those angels actually look bad ass...

Very much so!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the questing part of it was boring, but the zone looks fantastic..

Quote Originally Posted by CmA View Post
    I agree. It feels like one long tutorial rather than a quest zone. I spend 2 hours trying to get online today and logged out after a few hours of Bastion. It just didn't interest me at all. If that is one of the better zones, I fear for the rest.
    I think Ardenweald was the best, followed by Revendreth and Maldraxxus.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I don't know what they're thinking sending us there first. It is so outlandish compared to the rest or just what we're used to at all. It quickly becomes repetitive too to hear the same dialogue again and again with so little variance. I suppose if you're just powering through and ignoring quest-text it's not that bad but god damn is it boring if you're not that type.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still low level and working through Bastion, but I agree it's pretty dumb so far.

It reminded me too much of Auchindoun and the Sha. Too many constructs; also, people go there when they have been pure and just throughout their life, right? Then why are half the people I met so deep in doubt/hatred/other sha stuff? Shouldn't that be out of the equation already?

Also I am not really interested in ancient Greek mythos and the place is literally that, down to npc names. An npc is name Klystere. In my mother language, that's a slightly altered way to say "enema".

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t enjoy it. It certainly didn’t help that the “good guys” came across as far worse than the “bad guys”. Not a single NPC was remotely likeable.

If the highest of heavens is about passing a trial to be deemed worthy of becoming a lobotomised slave, then send me to the Maw. Please.

Edit: oh and their glorification of having a slave race ‘because they’re happy and willing’... someone hasn’t been reading the room the last 12 months.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2020-11-25 at 10:20 AM.

I am half way though the Bastion and it really feels like oribos is the Vindicaar, the maw is Krokuun and Bastion is Mac'Aree. Its ok, no need to always reinvent the wheel because after all these years options are limited, but feels not so new xpac-ish.

I like that the zones got better and better. You can tell Bastion had least amount of effort/time put into it. Revendreth had the most. Writing and design just became better imo. Then again Bastion is just generic angels so I wasn't that interested either to begin with.

Forsworn did nothing wrong. Kyrians are wrong.
    Error 404 - Signature not found