Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair point. Like I said in another post...I shouldn't have spoiled myself with all the covenant stuff that happens later

That said: So this is how we will play the story also on all of our alts? Linear from the Maw to Oribos to Bastion etc?
    After you do the story on one character you can basically avoid it all on every character after. All but the short bit at the beginning inside the Maw. You get to pick your covenant or choose to level through it as normal. If you choose the Threads of Fate (not following the story) you can go to each zone and get a story quest that's just a bar to fill. You fill it by just doing quests, including dailies or dungeons in the zone. It seems to replace the chaptered story quests in each zone. And you can start doing dailies to get your AR started early. You'll also be able to queue up for the four starting dungeons right away.

Also OT: Yeah it felt like a cheap knock of Pandaria but with Angels to appease the crotchety christian crowd.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-11-25 at 03:51 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Im enjoying playing it cause content and new shit to do but i lost the bastion story after i think the 5th NCP.

Agree but leveling has always been the boring process before you can really start enjoying the game. I hope they find a way in next expansions to make it optional.

I think it's really interesting that after Legion they decided to walk back on letting players choose which zone to do first. It worked really well during that expansion. But Blizzard started railroading people again in BfA due to the factional nature of the expansion so players were separated for being Horde or Alliance. It was not a particularly good choice for a living game world supposedly filled with players, or world PvP, or just about anything, really. And now this same bad decision making carries over to Shadowlands. Except the the whole reason behind it (faction seperation due to territories) no longer exists. Both Horde and Alliance do the same zone anyway. So, why? Why not start at Maldraxxus, or Ardenweald instead of Bastion? Why force players to do content they don't really care about to unlock a covenant?

The answer to all 3 of these questions is the same: It takes more time. More time to develop, which loses Blizzard money. And more time for players to complete, which earns them more money. The game will forevermore be made with this lacklustre direction that demands more and more from players and much, much less from the developers, as it has been for a long while now.

Overall the campaign is great, but...

Whoever designed the world quests should never, ever hold any position in game development.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This expac has horrendous quest design and story. The story only passable at the end of Ardenweald.

BUT Revendreth has been very good. Really funny, great story and scenery. Quest design is far better and the zone itself, visually, is incredible.
    Dredgers are my favorites so far.

WTB playable Dredgers!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Herald of the Titans KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Edit: In case you feel inclined to write something like, 'People like different stuff', don't bother, you're really wasting your time. Yes, of course everything is subjective. This is my subjective opinion. It's a discussion, not an attack on your very soul. It's great that you love Bastion. I don't.

Awww... you don't want people voicing their opinion on a topic, in a thread where you voiced your opinion on said topic. "It's a discussion" but don't actually discuss it.

Logic/10

I thought the story/lore behind it was pretty interesting and the zone was pretty, but the quests themselves were boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peepeepoopants View Post
    I think it's really interesting that after Legion they decided to walk back on letting players choose which zone to do first. It worked really well during that expansion. But Blizzard started railroading people again in BfA due to the factional nature of the expansion so players were separated for being Horde or Alliance. It was not a particularly good choice for a living game world supposedly filled with players, or world PvP, or just about anything, really. And now this same bad decision making carries over to Shadowlands. Except the the whole reason behind it (faction seperation due to territories) no longer exists. Both Horde and Alliance do the same zone anyway. So, why? Why not start at Maldraxxus, or Ardenweald instead of Bastion? Why force players to do content they don't really care about to unlock a covenant?

The answer to all 3 of these questions is the same: It takes more time. More time to develop, which loses Blizzard money. And more time for players to complete, which earns them more money. The game will forevermore be made with this lacklustre direction that demands more and more from players and much, much less from the developers, as it has been for a long while now.
    I think the way they structured it validates the reason why they chose these 4 realms instead of other realms. You kind of just get led into each of them due to circumstances from previous zone. However, they could have easily just done "all 4 of these places are important and they all need your help. So choose one." I think Legion was actually a better expansion to do linear questing similar to WoTLK. Start at the outside on ships, and then make your way in to consolidate support on the Broken Isles to make an assault on the legion.. or something along those lines.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-25 at 05:36 PM.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    I can even say right now that this is my least liked zone of any released in expansions I've experienced... The visuals are boring and the questing has been a snoozefest.

Only thing I love about it is the wittle adorbs owl peeps.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Current count of Full/High pop WoW servers: 85 in EU alone. That's an increase from the last count.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Bastion sucks.

The theme is also shit. It's like fucking self doubting cult members that need to take cleansing baths every 5 minutes to something something.

Yawn.
    Exactly this. Creepy ass cult. Couldn’t wait to get out. Doesn’t matter if it’s the best for performance. No way I’m hanging around that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Bastion is legit one of the better zones they made. And you complain about it? Smh
    Better in what way?
    It was the most boring of the 4 levelling zone, and the one that hurt the eyes the most; blue and gold gets old extremely fast.

With most boring, most fugly and the self righteous lawful good vibe, I'd rate it as a failed zone.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's true, this leveling experience feels like you are constantly waiting for some fucking RP to finish. Terrible experience.

To be honest... Im kind of worried. Just started playing.. Im level 53 and have only finished 2 chapters of the story in bastion.. What level am i going to be coming out of here? lol.

am i going to be 60 before i even get to the other zones? There are like 7 chapters or something and im 53 with 2 completed....

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    First thing I thought when I stepped in the Maw was that it was a WoW version of Coldharbour...
    You're going to run into similar things, unless all you ever played was WoW.
    I thought of ESO with The Maw and a lot of Bastion.
    ESO is the only other MMO I have played and it seems like the following of NPCs and waiting for their dialogue is
    Taken from that game. I THINK FF is like as well.
    It honestly doesnt bother me that much as I thought It would. I got used to it mid way through Bastion and appreciated the added rp (though i had no idea what the story was). Like ESO they do a bad job of making the player cre about the story
    Last edited by urfaustus; 2020-11-25 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can even say right now that this is my least liked zone of any released in expansions I've experienced... The visuals are boring and the questing has been a snoozefest.

Only thing I love about it is the wittle adorbs owl peeps.
    Where do the owls come from? Were they just always there? If they got sent to Bastion, why are they owls instead of Kyrean? The only people sent to Bastion were selfless dutiful people that helped others. So why would someone that was selfless be punished and made to be a slave and turned into a stupid owl?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Where do the owls come from? Were they just always there? If they got sent to Bastion, why are they owls instead of Kyrean? The only people sent to Bastion were selfless dutiful people that helped others. So why would someone that was selfless be punished and made to be a slave and turned into a stupid owl?
    Have you not played yet?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Have you not played yet?
    Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the owl part? Can you enlighten me on what I missed? It was getting kind of late on launch day and I started to kind of zone out at some point as I got tired.

Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the owl part? Can you enlighten me on what I missed?
    Maybe you should have payed attention.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Maybe you should have payed attention.
    Well gee. Thank for the help answering my question! Have a nice day!

Well gee. Thank for the help answering my question! Have a nice day!
    Thanks, you too!
    -Voltaire
    winning