Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    To be honest... Im kind of worried. Just started playing.. Im level 53 and have only finished 2 chapters of the story in bastion.. What level am i going to be coming out of here? lol.

am i going to be 60 before i even get to the other zones? There are like 7 chapters or something and im 53 with 2 completed....

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    First thing I thought when I stepped in the Maw was that it was a WoW version of Coldharbour...
    You're going to run into similar things, unless all you ever played was WoW.
    I thought of ESO with The Maw and a lot of Bastion.
    ESO is the only other MMO I have played and it seems like the following of NPCs and waiting for their dialogue is
    Taken from that game. I THINK FF is like as well.
    It honestly doesnt bother me that much as I thought It would. I got used to it mid way through Bastion and appreciated the added rp (though i had no idea what the story was). Like ESO they do a bad job of making the player cre about the story
    Last edited by Olololo2r5; 2020-11-25 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can even say right now that this is my least liked zone of any released in expansions I've experienced... The visuals are boring and the questing has been a snoozefest.

Only thing I love about it is the wittle adorbs owl peeps.
    Where do the owls come from? Were they just always there? If they got sent to Bastion, why are they owls instead of Kyrean? The only people sent to Bastion were selfless dutiful people that helped others. So why would someone that was selfless be punished and made to be a slave and turned into a stupid owl?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Where do the owls come from? Were they just always there? If they got sent to Bastion, why are they owls instead of Kyrean? The only people sent to Bastion were selfless dutiful people that helped others. So why would someone that was selfless be punished and made to be a slave and turned into a stupid owl?
    Have you not played yet?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Have you not played yet?
    Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the owl part? Can you enlighten me on what I missed? It was getting kind of late on launch day and I started to kind of zone out at some point as I got tired.

Maybe I just didn't pay attention to the owl part? Can you enlighten me on what I missed?
    Maybe you should have payed attention.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Maybe you should have payed attention.
    Well gee. Thank for the help answering my question! Have a nice day!

Well gee. Thank for the help answering my question! Have a nice day!
    Thanks, you too!
    -Voltaire
    winning

Hmm I am in Bastion (Whenever I actually manage to login and play the game, stupid Draenor server) and so far I am really enjoying the questing and the story. They are telling the background of the zone, like it had a life of it's own with their own traditions and stuff, not just rush you through the main bits that are solely important to you and I like that world building personally.

To people who are calling the zones and expansion boring, it could be that you have become jaded after playing the game for too long. Maybe it's time to stop playing WoW, or find another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    To be honest... Im kind of worried. Just started playing.. Im level 53 and have only finished 2 chapters of the story in bastion.. What level am i going to be coming out of here? lol.

am i going to be 60 before i even get to the other zones? There are like 7 chapters or something and im 53 with 2 completed....
    My advice would be "just" do the storyline quests (the ones with the different looking (!)) You'll be level 60 long before you're finished with the zones if you do all the quests and to be honest I want to select a covenant and get the end game stuff rolling, I can clean up later.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    To people who are calling the zones and expansion boring, it could be that you have become jaded after playing the game for too long. Maybe it's time to stop playing WoW, or find another expansion.
    after 15 years I still find killing level 2 troggs fun, or going through stv, or burning steps.

But not this linear single player experience that is the storyline in Bastion.

I really do not know why people come to discussion forums to discuss their opinions. I personally go to these threads to remind everyone that everyone has an opinion and therefore, shouldn't bother sharing their perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Yeah, all these people who are saying how much they like the other zones but not Bastion clearly are jaded and should stop playing WoW despite explicitly saying they like several other areas. You clearly cannot just have criticism of Bastion specifically and be able to compare it to other zones and explain why, to you, it fell flat.
    It's really amazing how hostile people are to criticism, if you disagree with their reasoning, just quote their reasoning and explain why it's wrong. Don't waste time making strawmans that clearly do not apply to the reality of the thread and are easily disproven by anyone actually reading the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Do a certain area of Ardenwelds sidequests and not only will you love Bastion but you'll beg to be converted into a Kyrian and lose your memories.

Bastion is the introduction of Shadowland. If you did not read the dialogues or the stories, you'll find it boring. It's not simply hack and slash anymore. Zones are actually connected to each other with reasons.

Didnt liek it either, but then again I was only there for like 4-5 hours and havent done even half there is to do there. Overall though not a fan of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found Ardenweald much worse than Bastion.

Bastion probably felt like it went by the quickest. So much so that I accidentally overshot and got to level 55 or 56 just there alone.
    Maldraxxus, although I want to like it, felt like a slog.
    And Ardenweald is a bit in the middle.
    Can't say anything about Revendreth so far, but with half a level left until 60 and like one part of Revendreth's main questline finished, I'm feeling some motivation leave me.

Quote Originally Posted by CmA View Post
    I agree. It feels like one long tutorial rather than a quest zone. I spend 2 hours trying to get online today and logged out after a few hours of Bastion. It just didn't interest me at all. If that is one of the better zones, I fear for the rest.
    It isn't, don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

This is not a single player game, if you arent interested in the story at all and arent leveling while chatting with friends in discord you are not doing it right.
    Seriously, you either let the games story entertain you or you entertain yourself while getting through the same leveling process we go through every single expansion.
    Nothing has fucking changed about the game, Bastion quests are no more/less interesting than anything we did in BFA.