Grouping in the Shadowlands Hotfix

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With a hotfix to the game that was applied a little while ago, we’ve removed a setting that was restricting players’ ability to consistently see and interact with others in their group in the four Shadowlands zones and the introductory Maw.

Now, as before in Battle for Azeroth, joining a group should bring you to the party leader’s perspective. Players who are in and out of War Mode will remain separate, as always.

An exception that remains is the max-level version of the Maw. Players in the max-level Maw may not immediately be able to see one another when joining a party. However, leaving the max-level Maw (to Oribos) and returning should bring members of a party together.

I figured this wouldn't last very long. Stupid idea to begin with.

In the same vein they seem to have removed the group finder link from the quests .. really? If intended, they are a bunch of fucking pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With a hotfix to the game that was applied a little while ago, we’ve removed a setting that was restricting players’ ability to consistently see and interact with others in their group in the four Shadowlands zones and the introductory Maw.

Now, as before in Battle for Azeroth, joining a group should bring you to the party leader’s perspective. Players who are in and out of War Mode will remain separate, as always.

An exception that remains is the max-level version of the Maw. Players in the max-level Maw may not immediately be able to see one another when joining a party. However, leaving the max-level Maw (to Oribos) and returning should bring members of a party together.
    I'm so sad. I thought, that Blizzard had finally realized, that mandatory group content in outdoor was big mistake. Because relying purely on CRZ and cross realm LFG - is bad thing, that kills content, when players activity drops after several months, making it impossible to replay outdoor content for alts and new players and making it virtually impossible to play any content, except current one, that shrinks content choices for players too much. Greatest example - trying to complete Order Hall campaign and get class mounts in 8.3, when Broken Shore activity was a little bit below 0. And when content is active, opposite problem happens - overcrowding, that causes lags and exceeding competition, that causes death of my immersion, because I don't feel, that I do something meaningful.

Conclusion: The best place of elites and bosses - is INSTANCE. There are no herbs, ore and rares there to abuse CR LFG and cause server lags. There is deserter there to punish players, who leave before completing them. There is no flying there to skip trash and go directly to boss. And there is no lags for other players, who try to do stuff in the same location. And outdoor has always been for solo content, that should be used as backup content for moments, when no groups are available. Or player just don't have mood to group content - he wants to do his stuff on his own.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-11-25 at 05:50 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Thank fuck for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    In the same vein they seem to have removed the group finder link from the quests .. really? If intended, they are a bunch of fucking pricks.
    Seriously? Good luck finding/asking for a group in Gen chat, everyone will just be all like "git gud" or "should have leveled fast like everyone else"
    ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Seriously? Good luck finding/asking for a group in Gen chat, everyone will just be all like "git gud" or "should have leveled fast like everyone else"
    ect.
    Yesterday the pale doom quest stil had the green orb symbol, today it doesn't for me. I mean it was bugged and no one could do it that way anyway because everyone was in different phases usually. Of course I can get some friends to help me, but that means I have to bother some friends to travel there without flying for a 30 second kill on some characters that can't solo it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering how did this even get through...

Why the hell would anyone have thought this was a good idea in the first place?

Terrible idea. I had to give up doing elite quests via group finder because every single time, we'd all be in different phases. Same thing when inviting friends to group up and do it, we'd all be in different phases.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2020-11-25 at 01:03 PM.

A company run by imbeciles, this is how covenants came to be in the first place. Sheer incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long till they cave on the Maw as well. No one wants to arrive there, find a mob they need a group for, group up, realise they need to run/hearth back to Oribos, then re-enter the Maw again, run back and potentially the thing is already dead/isn't alive on the new phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was that even a thing in the first place?

What a fucking stupid idea indeed.