Thread: Parler HAcked?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    A safe space for alt right snowflakes would be outright banning anyone that isn't alt right. There have been no reports of this from Parler. They just accept anyone.
    You guys don’t get to spend years changing the definition of safe space and then fall back on the old one when convenient.

It’s a safe space for alt right snow flakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, to summarize: there’s no proof Parler was hacked, but there does appear to be serious issues with how Parler handles its user data ...

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    A safe space for alt right snowflakes would be outright banning anyone that isn't alt right. There have been no reports of this from Parler. They just accept anyone.
    There are no reports from parlor, because their user base is the whiny snowflakes that left Twitter after whining.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

From what I've heard and read Parler has banned plenty of people, so it doesn't seem to me like they're any different than Twitter et al. (except in who or what they allow on their platform).
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2020-12-01 at 07:29 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Parler a Alt-Right Twitter for Alt-Right. Honestly I couldn't care less. Seriously I actually hope it successful and they all fucking stay there, same with any Facebook and YouTube alts.

Leave these motherfuckers alone LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    I got that schadenfreude feeling after reading this. The app looked shady from the start. Hw could people addicted to outrage policitcs and fake news fall for such an obvious honey trap?

Who hacked Parler? Internet jokes 'everyone's password was MAGA2020' as app's database screenshot circulates
    On Tuesday, November 24, a screenshot of Parler database circulated on the Internet. In no time, people realised that the microblogging app with White House users and also with a significant user base of President Donald Trump's supporters, conservatives and right-wing extremists got hacked. Parler was launched in 2018, as a social networking website for the conservatives. Journalists have described it as an alternative for Twitter, the service is quite popular among the people who have been banned from the regular social media.

As soon as the screenshot was widely shared, people started reacting to it. Data scientist Kevin Abosch said, "I've seen what looks like legit proof of 5000 compromised Parler accounts including DM's of some well-known figures. Hackers decompiled the app, zero day exploit etc.. I wish I could unsee what I've seen." Another wrote, "So we're all clear that Parler was just a giant blackmail operation for the Mercers so they could get some additional dirty laundry on various right wing politicians and dipshits then? #ParlerHacked."
    Well Dan Bongino from what I heard owns Parler and he has that shit all well under control it's all cool, just upload him your personal Info and it will all be cool LOL!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Actually no.

A safe space is a place that bans specific groups from having a platform. Parler doesn't ban groups. Parler is the exact opposite of a safe space. It welcomes anyone to have a platform. The criticism of Parler is that it doesn't ban groups.
    To which they ban liberals, for making fun of Parler morons. And that is confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    To which they ban liberals, for making fun of Parler morons. And that is confirmed.
    WTF? Bannon can’t post a single time, that he wants someone’s head on a pike, while liberals get to post about increasing taxes on the rich? How is that fair?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Was it that hard to read a couple posts and get your answer?
    No but like Iunno sorry mobile is weird with quotes.

Edit: word usage
    I’m new to the forum. I’ll do a better job at foruming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
    No but like Iunno sorry mobile is weird with quotes.

Edit: word usage
    I’m new to the forum. I’ll do a better job at foruming.
    All good my dude... Welcome to the forum!!! I hope you find this place welcoming... new people are always welcomed...

I got that schadenfreude feeling after reading this. The app looked shady from the start. Hw could people addicted to outrage policitcs and fake news fall for such an obvious honey trap?

Who hacked Parler? Internet jokes 'everyone's password was MAGA2020' as app's database screenshot circulates
    On Tuesday, November 24, a screenshot of Parler database circulated on the Internet. In no time, people realised that the microblogging app with White House users and also with a significant user base of President Donald Trump's supporters, conservatives and right-wing extremists got hacked. Parler was launched in 2018, as a social networking website for the conservatives. Journalists have described it as an alternative for Twitter, the service is quite popular among the people who have been banned from the regular social media.

As soon as the screenshot was widely shared, people started reacting to it. Data scientist Kevin Abosch said, "I've seen what looks like legit proof of 5000 compromised Parler accounts including DM's of some well-known figures. Hackers decompiled the app, zero day exploit etc.. I wish I could unsee what I've seen." Another wrote, "So we're all clear that Parler was just a giant blackmail operation for the Mercers so they could get some additional dirty laundry on various right wing politicians and dipshits then? #ParlerHacked."
    Sorry my friend, while you gloat about people on Parler posting fake news, you have fell victim to fake news. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-parler-hacked/

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, to summarize: there’s no proof Parler was hacked, but there does appear to be serious issues with how Parler handles its user data ...

*snip vid*
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    Sorry my friend, while you gloat about people on Parler posting fake news, you have fell victim to fake news. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-parler-hacked/
    Did he? Cause it seems to me he didn't.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Did he? Cause it seems to me he didn't.
    He posted from a non credible site asking a question if it was when there is plenty of evidence to show it wasn't

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He posted from a non credible site asking a question if it was when there is plenty of evidence to show it wasn't
    And when said evidence was provided what did he say? Reminder, I have it quoted with your post if you need a refresher.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

And when said evidence was provided what did he say? Reminder, I have it quoted with your post if you need a refresher.
    It's implied. It's as bad as posting "Is the earth flat?" Then you post a story from a no name source saying it may or may not be flat, then you play coy by explaining "I never said the earth was flat",

10+ Year Old Account
    It's implied. It's as bad as posting "Is the earth flat?" Then you post a story from a no name source saying it may or may not be flat, then you play coy by explaining "I never said the earth was flat",
    Did you just claim that earth being round, is as credible as a saying Parlor wasn’t hacked? I’m sorry, but I expect people to know more evidence of one, than the other...

So I'm behind the times is this a messenger service or facebook thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    So I'm behind the times is this a messenger service or facebook thing?
    It’s Twitter for people who can’t handle opposing point of views.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s Twitter for people who can’t handle opposing point of views.
    Isn't that just Twitter?

Still I get what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Isn't that just Twitter?

Still I get what you mean.
    Seeing as how they are leaving Twitter... I don’t see how that’s possible... they are segregating them selfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Seeing as how they are leaving Twitter... I don’t see how that’s possible... they are segregating them selfs.
    I mean.. I don't know the situation first hand but I hear about massive ban waves from my corner of the internet...them being driven off isn't the same as them voluntary leaving.