Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Anyone struggling to do Torghast?

    Level 3 mobs are out healing my damage. And the last boss on Floor 6 just completely wrecks me. Any tips? Or do I just need to get more gear?

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,488
    How many times have you tried? Maybe you just got shitty anima powers?
    S.H.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    How many times have you tried? Maybe you just got shitty anima powers?
    About 5 times now.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Level 3 mobs are out healing my damage. And the last boss on Floor 6 just completely wrecks me. Any tips? Or do I just need to get more gear?
    I would say gear issue. This is no Dark Souls, if a mob outheals your damage or kills you way faster than you can kill him, 9 on 10 is a not enough dps issue, thus probably a gear issue.

    The 10 on 10 situation is you simply pressing random buttons but I guess that if you made it till floor 6 is not the case.

  5. #5
    I'm finding everything easy up to the final floor boss - then it is very difficult indeed.

    I've only managed level 2, but it really depends on which instance and what powers I get.

    I mean - I had 3 x 2000% AB damage on invisible which is the only reason I got once instance final boss down at all on rank 1.
    The other - got no useful powers, but managed to get the last boss down easily on rank 2.

    Currently iLvl 153, Arcane Mage.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I would say gear issue. This is no Dark Souls, if a mob outheals your damage or kills you way faster than you can kill him, 9 on 10 is a not enough dps issue, thus probably a gear issue.

    The 10 on 10 situation is you simply pressing random buttons but I guess that if you made it till floor 6 is not the case.
    I am Frost Mage 162 ilvl. It just frustrates me because there are probably some classes out there that just faceroll all the levels regardless of ilvl. Meanwhile I'm struggling super hard.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I am Frost Mage 162 ilvl. It just frustrates me because there are probably some classes out there that just faceroll all the levels regardless of ilvl. Meanwhile I'm struggling super hard.
    Yea so far with Warrior at 146-150ilvl I've done 3 tiers pretty easily even without super anima powers, only one time they lined up nicely.
    S.H.

  8. #8
    I'm surprised at this. I havent played arcane or frost yet in torgast but as ilvl 151 fire mage I'm absolutely demolishing all floors and bosses. I will have to try the other specs but it does sound rough if your that high ilvl and still struggling. So yeah I would give fire a go then if you really just want to get it done with no problems.

  9. #9
    High Overlord literallysame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    176
    I'm having trouble with the level 2 final boss Arch-Suppressor Laguas doing 1/4 of my health with one Soul Bolt. They're doing 6k per hit and you only have one interrupt on a 24 second cooldown and they cast Soul bolt every 2 seconds. Your shield helps for one hit and then it's down and recharging for 25 seconds.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    I'm having trouble with the level 2 final boss Arch-Suppressor Laguas doing 1/4 of my health with one Soul Bolt. They're doing 6k per hit and you only have one interrupt on a 24 second cooldown and they cast Soul bolt every 2 seconds. Your shield helps for one hit and then it's down and recharging for 25 seconds.
    I actually noticed this a little even outside of Torghast - some folks seem to be taking no damage at all (non-tanks) while others are getting totally destroyed with similar health pools. Something seems off.

  11. #11
    OK so the advice I can give is on my rubs I have found that the mirror images anima powers are a god send especially if you get the one that lets then use other abilities, if you manage to get that and plus a few additional copies then they can pretty much solo all the bosses for you, failing that all I can suggest is that you make really good use out of mirror image and alter time, they are fantastic tools for keeping you alive especially again that boss you are struggling with.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm finding everything easy up to the final floor boss - then it is very difficult indeed.

    I've only managed level 2, but it really depends on which instance and what powers I get.

    I mean - I had 3 x 2000% AB damage on invisible which is the only reason I got once instance final boss down at all on rank 1.
    The other - got no useful powers, but managed to get the last boss down easily on rank 2.

    Currently iLvl 153, Arcane Mage.
    2000% damage while invisible was how I just managed to get the level 3 boss down too. It's extra problematic for arcane though since you want full arcane charges to get anything out of it, and there's no other mobs to build charges on in the room before engaging. What I had to do was activate presence of mind, open with touch of the magi, pop arcane power/damage cooldowns, then go invisible, wait for the boss to reset and then just pray that it doesn't evade your attack. Even when I made sure to wait, I still got evaded somehow. Took 3 tries before I got it right, but when I did that was like 1/3rd of its health bar gone right away.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    I actually noticed this a little even outside of Torghast - some folks seem to be taking no damage at all (non-tanks) while others are getting totally destroyed with similar health pools. Something seems off.

    My mage had master of time - so I get to reset my health pool every 30 seconds, with the interrupt on 24 seconds ... however it just takes too long and eventually something gets me

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  14. #14
    I was having trouble on both of the last bosses for level 3. Solution? Do it in a group

  15. #15
    I two shotted the boss of the level 3 with 2 AB for 190 K each, thanks to the buff that makes AB hit for 1000% when cast from invis. In my case, that buff was level 3 so 2000% or 3000%.

    Just build properly.

  16. #16
    This makes me glad i switched to my resto druid for my first max level. Not sure how much more damage actual feral does, but feral affinity does enough to make Torghast nearly a joke. I even skipped most of the stuff on my last upper run. The last boss nearly got me but i just healed and dotted and healed and dotted all while running as much as i could.

    Once i saw the damage in their I figured Mages would have a harder time being they're still the only class without a self heal. I Imagine Torghast is a breeze for warriors too, all those mawrats giving you victory rush procs. Hunters can just send in the pet to soak.....so many other classes are going to have it easier than mages in there.

    One nice thing. It's not timed.
    I'm a thread killer.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,824
    Playing frost as usual, and can't relate. Torghast has been a cakewalk? I forget what ilvl I was at when I did one of the two since it was tuesday, but I did the second at 145ish on wednesday. The only time I ever died is when I got cocky and hit AT late on some AOE pack.

  18. #18
    Frost ilvl 157. I've thought it was pretty easy so far. Hard to judge though because I've been getting lucky with good powers. I'd imagine it can be difficult if rng is not on your side.

  19. #19
    On my hunter I did layer 3 with ilvl 135, so basically lvl gear fresh 60. I guess it's harder when you don't have a pet.
    Also get lucky with the anima powers you get.

    With heroic or even mythic dungeon gear any class should beat layer 3 this week

  20. #20
    Dreadlord Miseration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Soy de Arizona
    Posts
    983
    well so far i've done up to layer 3 of soul forges and upper reaches and... upper reaches eye ball boss almost wacked me at the end. didn't.. but it was close.. outside of that boss, things are quite easy so far

    158ilvl prot warrior

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •