Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "JuST BUiLD proPErLY"

when the perks you get are RANDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    "JuST BUiLD proPErLY"

Yep. What is hard to understand ?

Pick those who combo better with the ones you get before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    "JuST BUiLD proPErLY"

Build properly is more to do with your talents and gear when you go in, not so much the powers you get. That said, focusing on buffing your Barrier spells and HP make Torghast trivial.
    BfA Beta Time

Hey mates i did this video this weekend with mw monk solo 9min it was mortegar(upper layer3) i hope it helps if somebody struggling with monk (but i dont think so )
    check on youtube: Wow torghast upper layer 3 mw monk solo (9min)

Arcane Help

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm finding everything easy up to the final floor boss - then it is very difficult indeed.

I've only managed level 2, but it really depends on which instance and what powers I get.

I mean - I had 3 x 2000% AB damage on invisible which is the only reason I got once instance final boss down at all on rank 1.
    The other - got no useful powers, but managed to get the last boss down easily on rank 2.

Currently iLvl 153, Arcane Mage.
    I'm struggling. I've spent two hours second tier - level one. Got up to floor 4 and died 6 times just outside the landing at the start of floor 5. I'm wondering if I need to re-select talents? Or if my rotation is just way off. So frustrating not being able to do this solo. Gear level is 171, so shouldn't be that. Must be something I'm doing wrong. I'm surgically picking off enemies one at a time, where I can. Any advice? Thank you, in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MainMage View Post
    Any advice? Thank you, in advance.
    The only weird arcane mage thing I'm doing is I have master of time, meaning that if timed well - Alter Time can be a full heal every 30 seconds.

My priorities for power selection:
    1. AB when invisible always
    2. Not targetable power (only useful against casters).
    3. Extra health/extra shield/mawrat health buff absolutely (also pick up all the souls)
    4. Polymorph bomb + poly undead if it comes up.

My most successful run I had around 3x health, 2x absorbs and 6000% AB when invisible.

Apart from that - I'm not doing anything against the 'recommendations' I guess.

But I did manage to do a level 3 solo up to the last boss without any deaths, but lost all remaining 8 or so lives on the last boss.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-12-08 at 12:23 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MainMage View Post
    I'm struggling. I've spent two hours second tier - level one. Got up to floor 4 and died 6 times just outside the landing at the start of floor 5. I'm wondering if I need to re-select talents? Or if my rotation is just way off. So frustrating not being able to do this solo. Gear level is 171, so shouldn't be that. Must be something I'm doing wrong. I'm surgically picking off enemies one at a time, where I can. Any advice? Thank you, in advance.
    Use Mirror Images, use Alter Time on elites, frost nova stuff when possible. Kite with Abarr and the speed buff it gives. Spell steal bosses. Pull conservatively. If 2 rares, nuke one down with CDs and then invis, drink up and kill the other. All the bosses I've done so far, are kitable as Arcane.. It just takes a bit longer.

Completed Coldheart Interstitia as Fire (181 ilvl) this morning - AMA

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Completed Coldheart Interstitia as Fire (181 ilvl) this morning - AMA
    185, did botht he 6s... not much issue.

Fire juggler seems mandatory though , when I dont have it it sucks a lot more.

Just git gud guys, torghast is easy.

Did the cold side as Arcane 184 with tons of lags. Not really difficult. I did not even got the power to two shot the last boss, but I could kite him and I melted him.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have been melting level 3 as SP no problems at all. Im a bit sceptical on how its going from here, but i have been getting better gear lately so im gonna see how it goes. Its lagging a lot on my server atm, so havent been able to try yet

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post

Just git gud guys, torghast is easy.
    Same for me today with 2 stacks of runecloth wrapping in addition to the seeker scroll stacking buff. Kinda funny how the latter alters your playstyle if you want to take full advantage of it. I was just limiting myself to never casting arcane blast while climbing the floors so I could save up as many stacks as possible from breaking phylacteries and then just completely splooge the bosses alongside the 4000% bonus damage from invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dozilla View Post
    Frost mage here, ilvl 154. having zero fun with Torghast since the first two runs after launch last week. I'm done with it for now, been trying everyday multiple times daily since. Everything is so damn easy until the final boss which I just can't get down. I get him to about 20% or so and run out of cooldowns, frost nova, blink etc.
    Ilvl does a HUGE difference, get at least full hc dungeon gear, with some mythic pieces and legendary and try again at 170-175 ilvl.
    Stuff should melt for you in comparison.

In my experience, Torghast seems almost trivial as a Guardian Druid or Prot Paladin, but Balance Druid sucks.

That said, balance feels so bad for soloing right now it made me want to quit the game before I started soloing as a tank.

The biggest recommendation I can make is not to be afraid to switch specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    I have been melting level 3 as SP no problems at all. Im a bit sceptical on how its going from here, but i have been getting better gear lately so im gonna see how it goes. Its lagging a lot on my server atm, so havent been able to try yet
    If you can't get it as shadow try disc. I've heard it's really easy as a healer.

Doing them as Frost Mage, doable, but can be a pain at times. Came close to failing at times, but survived.

I just did layer 6 with some friends, for a change from solo, and damn what a difference, far easier with a tank.

My only real complaint when doing it solo is the time it takes.

first week i did both dungeons solo L3 on my Enh shammy cca 155 ilvl, didnt died but it was long runs, picking one by one.

this week, was doing it with brother who is a Prot warr and now both cca 170ilvl, and we didnt have problems, much easier with a tank... did both L6 and we had some crazy anima combos, in the one instance, last boss some Maw winged thingy was like 1.3mil, we burned her under a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Feel pretty bad for some of the struggling classes. It's pretty easy as a Night Fae Feral Druid...great self-healing and absolutely insane burst with Convoke. It pretty much one shots every boss but the last one, especially if you get lucky with traits.

They need to work on balancing for sure but I wouldn't be too bothered if you can't clear layer 3. We're in baby gear.
    This right here is why we didn’t and won’t get a leaderboard: WoW doesn’t even try for soloing parity. Multiple times over the last few expansions that have breathed life into open world and non-trinity or solo-enabled content I’ve asked, while playing my tank and pet classes “AND SOMEONE WILL TRY TO DO THIS AS A MAGE?!”

Is it doable? Of course. Is it effort-efficient? Not while the mage concept is “glass cannon.”

There are just some classes you roll for the team. I will never do that, but it doesn’t have to be me that does that. I’ll be over here on tanks and pet classes owning my own time.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-12-12 at 03:33 AM.

The power that causes fire blast to throw enemies in the air is just invaluable
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

With the reset, I won't be able to two shot the last boss

Thorghast is piss easy anyway.