Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I did read it, it said gender identity. That is a wide thing. And someone saying "call me Ze" and me saying "no" it is harassment and the same as using racist epithets? Really? Do you actually believe that?
    If I called you a fag in a one off thing that isn't harassment.

If I call you a fag every time I see you that IS harassment.

one of this is what the bill protects against the other isn't.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Why should anyone care what an free-speech-hating drug addict has to say?

Yeah, don't care what this moron says, I only see Trump supporters push this moron that has never been right about anything.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why should anyone care what an free-speech-hating drug addict has to say?
    Because his audience has historically included groups like incels (due to his strong beliefs in hierarchies and the fact that he endorses enforced monogamy to make sure all men get laid), who have a disturbing tendency to get violent and kill people. So no matter how shit you think his opinions may be, there's value in knowing what he's telling the people who DO listen to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I can visualize these people with purple hair and a Verified twitter account, sad SJWs.
    You clearly havent met many editors or publishers in life.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    ROFL literally crying and shaking. Christ they need to replace those people. I don't care if you like the guy or not. But they have this kind of breakdown over something so stupid? I just don't get it. Random house is a business. If they're going on a tirade. On how he's all these buzzwords they need to back that up. Because if 2020 taught me anything certain groups will slap labels like far-right, alt-right, (blank) phobic, (blank)ist, etc for just daring to disagree with them. This is especially true with the Twitter crowd.
    What is funny about the torment of people who aren't you who Peterson has maligned and purposely targeted for hate. I am not trans gendered nor subscribe to non binary genders, but that doesn't mean Jordan Peterson isn't responsible for this kind of hostility.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

wonder what the 3rd book will be called

Just a thought, but MAYBE we shouldn't be taking life advice from a drug addict suffering from Mad Cow Disease?

- - - Updated - - -

They can sack up and deal with it. Because if we're using him as a barometer for that kind of junk. Then we need to hold accountable all the people that hurt people feelings. I don't like tevor Noah or don lemon. But I'm not going to have a breakdown at work because tevor published a book. Besudes if we went after all the people who's hurt people's feeling online. We'd be here for days.
    Well, yeah. Trevor isn't out there engaging in stochastic terrorism.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If they dont like it, they can QUIT working there and go elsewhere.
    No that is not right. Bitch ass sjws must be heard! Bitch ass sjws must decide what books should be allowed.
    Its funny to see their retarded cancellation tactics not working like it was the case with Joe Rogan and Spotify sensitive souls.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL literally crying and shaking. Christ they need to replace those people. I don't care if you like the guy or not. But they have this kind of breakdown over something so stupid?
    Its the greatest parenting failure of all time. That is what created this generation of retarded sensitive children that must impose their stupid immature views on everything in the world.

I dont know much beside that hes from my country and his transphobe comments made here, werent really transphobe from what i remember. People where talking about making it law(no the government wasent doing that) to call people by a third pronun. The argument was that compeled speech cant be a thing, its stupid, which i agree with lol. We dont even do compeled speech against actual insults...why would we do that for a pronun (news flash not happening). Now if he said transphobe stuff after all that i would not know, i just remember the original thing on local tv.

So basicly from the local news all i could see is that hes the average shit poster. People that dont read bills though something was going on, because No shit Peterson was right about compeled speech, just you know, it was never in the cards. The other side of moron screeching that being against compeled speech makes your transphobic. Two side of the same idiot coin promoting this guy, made enough money to be a medical drug addict and get an off shore cure. Good for him, i guess?

Kinda odd how Americans care more about this guy then we do lol
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-11-26 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    What is funny about the torment of people who aren't you who Peterson has maligned and purposely targeted for hate. I am not trans gendered nor subscribe to non binary genders, but that doesn't mean Jordan Peterson isn't responsible for this kind of hostility.
    Look to the Middle East for hatred and torment of LGBT. Saying these things makes you come of as completely unhinged. The right thing to do is: take his criticisms (becaus thats what they are) and debunk them. Not everything that comes from the LGBT community is pure and noble an definitely need criticism.

Seriously the left in America is so emotional these days they are just fountain of memes

10+ Year Old Account
    They can sack up and deal with it. Because if we're using him as a barometer for that kind of junk. Then we need to hold accountable all the people that hurt people feelings. I don't like tevor Noah or don lemon. But I'm not going to have a breakdown at work because tevor published a book. Besudes if we went after all the people who's hurt people's feeling online. We'd be here for days.
    Sounds like someone of privilege suggesting what others should do about their legitimate experiences with the hate coming from this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Look to the Middle East for hatred and torment of LGBT. Saying these things makes you come of as completely unhinged. The right thing to do is: take his criticisms (becaus thats what they are) and debunk them. Not everything that comes from the LGBT community is pure and noble an definitely need criticism.

Seriously the left in America is so emotional these days they are just fountain of memes
    Nah, They shouldn't be ok with this minister of hatred being published by a company they work hard for, they are very much within their right to feel the way they do and act accordingly. Attacks and murders of the non binary community are high along with suicide rates.

We don't need to argue this BS, some people do others are firmly in support of the rights of these individuals that this fucking Lunatic Jordan Peterson maligns and targets in his books.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wonder what the 3rd book will be called
    That’s obvious... I’m wondering if his 6th book will be an anthology... “60 shades of white”...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I dont know much beside that hes from my country and his transphobe comments made here, werent really transphobe from what i remember. People where talking about making it law(no the government wasent doing that) to call people by a third pronun. The argument was that compeled speech cant be a thing, its stupid, which i agree with lol. We dont even do compeled speech against actual insults...why would we do that for a pronun (news flash not happening). Now if he said transphobe stuff after all that i would not know, i just remember the original thing on local tv.

So basicly from the local news all i could see is that hes the average shit poster. People that dont read bills though something was going on, because No shit Peterson was right about compeled speech, just you know, it was never in the cards. The other side of moron screeching that being against compeled speech makes your transphobic. Two side of the same idiot coin promoting this guy, made enough money to be a medical drug addict and get an off shore cure. Good for him, i guess?

Kinda odd how Americans care more about this guy then we do lol
    The transphobia was in Peterson trying to deny transgender people basic legal protections by making up completely imaginary horseshit like "compelled speech" in the first place, because he couldn't come right out and say what he meant.

You can pick; either Peterson was lying about "compelled speech" the entire time, to push an transphobic agenda intended to protect and encourage the harassment and abuse of transgendered people. Or Peterson is a colossal fucking idiot and borderline illiterate. And I don't mean that last bit hyperbolically; I mean he literally finds it difficult to read plain English written at a high school level.

Frankly, given that he's a professor who's published multiple books (and for whom English is his first language, since I'm not shitting on people for whom it's a second or third language, here), the former seems the far more likely option to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Sounds like someone of privilege suggesting what others should do about their legitimate experiences with the hate coming from this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, They shouldn't be ok with this minister of hatred being published by a company they work hard for, they are very much within their right to feel the way they do and act accordingly. Attacks and murders of the non binary community are high along with suicide rates.

We don't need to argue this BS, some people do others are firmly in support of the rights of these individuals that this fucking Lunatic Jordan Peterson maligns and targets in his books.
    You fail at democracy mate. Democracy is not here to make you comfartable but to make uncomfortable by subjecting you to different ideas and point of views. This shit seems to occur only in america btw. If you tried this in my country you would be considered a liability and fired. If you ever said minister of hatred to my boss he would laugh demand you go back to your job and if you refuse he would fire your ass on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can pick; either Peterson was lying about "compelled speech" the entire time, to push an transphobic agenda intended to protect and encourage the harassment and abuse of transgendered people. Or Peterson is a colossal fucking idiot and borderline illiterate. And I don't mean that last bit hyperbolically; I mean he literally finds it difficult to read plain English written at a high school level.
    I take the third option: Cringe at your notions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take the third option: Cringe at your notions.
    What other explanation do you have for Peterson lying in support of the freedom to target and abuse people for being transgendered, then?

That he did so is a matter of public record. It's not up for dispute.

Nor is his support of antisemitic conspiracy theories, updated directly from Nazi propaganda campaigns. He also supports that, and again, matter of open public record.

Would you feel comfortable if your boss chose to refer to you as "miss" and used female pronouns for you constantly? That's abuse regarding your gender identity.
    i would file a complaint with HR, not the police and court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    i would file a complaint with HR, not the police and court.
    And that's proper, because that wouldn't be a crime. My point there was to demonstrate that abusive misgendering isn't just something transgendered people can experience.

What other explanation do you have for Peterson lying in support of the freedom to target and abuse people for being transgendered, then?

That he did so is a matter of public record. It's not up for dispute.

Nor is his support of antisemitic conspiracy theories, updated directly from Nazi propaganda campaigns. He also supports that, and again, matter of open public record.
    If the goverment made a law that said you must adress every single LGBT member as an untermensh would you accept it? No you would tell the government to fuck off. Now imagine a guy that makes no effort at all to really transition and he demands you call him a she because he wants you to. I will also tell him to fuck off. I should not be punished by law because i refuse to do so. Neither do i tolerate the left wings pronounce BS . Zir and zers do not exist in my language. That doesnt mean somebody is transphobic. If a transexual respectfully asks me to use the pronounce which he is comfortable with i will do so.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    If the goverment made a law that said you must adress every single LGBT member as an untermensh would you accept it? No you would tell the government to fuck off. Now imagine a guy that makes no effort at all to really transition and he demands you call him a she because he wants you to. I will also tell him to fuck off. I should not be punished by law because i refuse to do so. Neither do i tolerate the left wings pronounce BS . Zir and zers do not exist in my language. That doesnt mean somebody is transphobic. If a transexual respectfully asks me to use the pronounce which he is comfortable with i will do so.
    Goddamn, you're so heroic.