Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Is it how many levels into renown or..?
    I think there's a weekly quest that gives you one level of renown and then you get a renown level from completing each campaign chapter. Here's a guide on how it's broken down per week: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/renow...ession-rewards. Also keep in mind that once you unlock your soulbinds, the rest of the renown levels are pretty optional.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    blizzard does not care, just want to see you whine like a bitch and not telling you to go find other game to play but play their game so they want to keep you subbed is what matters.

  3. #23
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    If they don't want to continue losing players.
    On what information are you basing this claim?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    It was because of Wow Classic, if there was growth, if you think it was because of BFA, I have a bridge to sell you.
    You DO realize its the same sub, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you believe those reports lol?
    my boss says "it's already finished, we are polishing" to investors every week and i know we are at ~50% at best
    Quarterly reports are legal documents... if they lie and it can be proven then people can go to jail.

    If you have evidence that the reports are falsified then the SEC would love to talk to you.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    Its like 2 hours per week, come on now

  5. #25
    You didnt set a foot in shadowlands,wth are u talking about ? its not grindly at all and especially not similiar to bfa lol

  6. #26
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,903
    There is no infinite grind.
    There is definitely more to do at 60 then BFA. World quests aren't even that important this time. You can do most of the required weekly stuff with dungeons if you wanted.
    You say to get rid of the grind from Legion/BFA but then in the next sentence say that you want grinding back from MoP. I liked MoP, but a grind is a grind.
    You seem bitter. Consider quitting.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think there's a weekly quest that gives you one level of renown and then you get a renown level from completing each campaign chapter. Here's a guide on how it's broken down per week: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/renow...ession-rewards. Also keep in mind that once you unlock your soulbinds, the rest of the renown levels are pretty optional.
    Thanks!

    I want the sets and mounts, since thats my kinda thing. ^^
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  8. #28
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,729
    It's probably too late now to put the cat back in the bag with these free loot systems, which are what Missions, Azerite, and World Quests basically are.

    If they strip all this out, then there's going to be more time investment for less reward, straight up. And a lot of the playerbase will see that as a nerf, or worse, "Korean-ifying the game."
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Blizz would rather people pay them the monthly sub and not play at all. So, in reality, Blizz absolutely wants the OP...they can power down some VMs and earn extra profit.

    Also, in fact, the OP actually provided constructive criticism by not only complaining about a certain system, but recommending an alternative.

    You, on the other hand, are actually the person you think you are complaining about.
    OP did not even get their facts right, I value any argument based on false premises as worthless.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    There is no infinite grind.
    BfA did not have infinite grind either, at least till 8.3
    But since I like the fact I could ignore the "farm" completely in BfA i like that in SL (unlike in legion).

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    And where the fuck do you grind renown?..
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  12. #32
    I never understood these kinds of OP's.. He states an arguments, then several people say "There is no finite grind" But then the OP is just silent.. not trying to counter argument or any thing.. It's like he just read some outdated info on the internet and decided to post a rant about it.. not wanting to discuss with other people

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I never understood these kinds of OP's.. He states an arguments, then several people say "There is no finite grind" But then the OP is just silent.. not trying to counter argument or any thing.. It's like he just read some outdated info on the internet and decided to post a rant about it.. not wanting to discuss with other people
    They're what we like to call, "Bait threads." - Post something to get people responding aggressively, then abandon the thread as they continue at each other. MMO-C is chock full of them, even though I'm pretty sure they're against the rules.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    like they had in Cata and Mist
    Did you even play MoP? You had to grind dailies like crazy to get reputation gear to join raids, you had a legendary questline that was a huge grind in itself, you had to grind valor every week to upgrade your gear, hell you even had to grind the raids for thunderforged and warforged gear.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    it's not infinite. it's finite. you can only get a certain amount each week, it's like valor which was the currency in Mists.

  16. #36
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,903
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    BfA did not have infinite grind either, at least till 8.3
    But since I like the fact I could ignore the "farm" completely in BfA i like that in SL (unlike in legion).
    BFA might not have had an infinite farm, but the farm was much worse than SL. In SL you cap weekly and you are done. Its kinda nice. Shadowlands is more like the MoP era in a lot of ways compared to Legion and BFA. It kinda takes the best of both worlds and makes something special. IM not sure if its better than Legion yet tho. It might end up being better than Legion depending on patch content. Legion had more content at launch for sure, but a lot of grinding and general headache systems.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's probably too late now to put the cat back in the bag with these free loot systems, which are what Missions, Azerite, and World Quests basically are.

    If they strip all this out, then there's going to be more time investment for less reward, straight up. And a lot of the playerbase will see that as a nerf, or worse, "Korean-ifying the game."
    I think they did a pretty good job tbh. They took a lot of the free loot away, but you can still reasonably improve your character weekly.

  17. #37
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    Its capped each week for how much power we can get, did u even research the renown system before u decided to bitch?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  18. #38
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Its capped each week for how much power we can get, did u even research the renown system before u decided to bitch?
    the hate train doesn't allow stops in reality or research... they board and slam the throttle forward... So I would have to reach the conclusion that no research was done at all.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    Your just convinceing me to play more then i loved BFA thanks for the motivation!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    BFA might not have had an infinite farm, but the farm was much worse than SL. In SL you cap weekly and you are done. Its kinda nice. Shadowlands is more like the MoP era in a lot of ways compared to Legion and BFA. It kinda takes the best of both worlds and makes something special. IM not sure if its better than Legion yet tho. It might end up being better than Legion depending on patch content. Legion had more content at launch for sure, but a lot of grinding and general headache systems.
    There was no farm. I did not farm anything. All I did was raids and M+ and neck went up anyways.
    So it will be similar in SL except I will have to get out to do some stupid WQs that i completely ignored for vast majority of BfA.

    People seems to believe that if there is a "cap" then there is no grind which is just hilarious.
    You will still be doing weekly shit for most of expansion and that is a grind in my dictionary.
    Doing only couple M+ and raids a week is also a grind if you don't take any pleasure in it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •