Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    same reason why alliance does not use flying death star or void gates or mole machines or gnomish stuff....man alliance has a lot of weapons they do not use that could crush the horde with little to no effort :S
    It's often the faction that isn't in a dominant position that uses special weapons the most, such as Axis being much more reliant on them than allies were during WWII, it's not so surprising that the Horde does the same compared to the Alliance.

  2. #102
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    same reason why alliance does not use flying death star or void gates or mole machines or gnomish stuff....man alliance has a lot of weapons they do not use that could crush the horde with little to no effort :S
    they did use void gates... on civilian targets though

    edit: well they also used it on goblin mechs
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It's often the faction that isn't in a dominant position that uses special weapons the most, such as Axis being much more reliant on them than allies were during WWII, it's not so surprising that the Horde does the same compared to the Alliance.
    lol did you just compare the horde to who i think compared them to ? :S:S:S damm

    And you are wrong...do not know how much or little they teached you in school. But ww2 germany was in a VERY dominant position until USA entered the war.
    And secondly. If BFA was to believed alliance was the underdog against sylvannas horde. So we should have used the weapons in your logic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    they did use void gates... on civilian targets though

    edit: well they also used it on goblin mechs
    Lordearon was not civilian at that stage of the battle. But it was still litte to no use of the ability's the alliance had.

    So again lazy writing.

  4. #104
    Because there is no Horde anymore, it was destroyed over the years by the blizzard lore team.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    lol did you just compare the horde to who i think compared them to ? :S:S:S damm

    And you are wrong...do not know how much or little they teached you in school. But ww2 germany was in a VERY dominant position until USA entered the war.
    And secondly. If BFA was to believed alliance was the underdog against sylvannas horde. So we should have used the weapons in your logic.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lordearon was not civilian at that stage of the battle. But it was still litte to no use of the ability's the alliance had.

    So again lazy writing.
    Once the United States were in the war and that Soviet Union had properly responded to german invasion Germany wasn't the dominant size anymore, and it was by the moment they were uncertain to win the war that they started to use so many secret and special weapons that were very advanced by the time but too few, too flawed and to unpracticable to make a difference against the allies' air and naval domination and far superior numbers, ressources and logistics.

    And the Alliance was never the underdog against Sylvanas' horde despite what the writers, very poorly, tried to make us believe, since the Alliance had the numbers, ressources, technology and naval advantages and was winning the war by Tides of Vengeance.

    The Horde being so much more reliant on special weapons such as the Forsaken's Blight and other biological weapons, mana bombs, enslaved gigantic war beasts such as proto-drakes or magnataurs or gronns, than the Alliance is pretty telling about which faction really has the advantage in terms of size and power in the story.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Once the United States were in the war and that Soviet Union had properly responded to german invasion Germany wasn't the dominant size anymore, and it was by the moment they were uncertain to win the war that they started to use so many secret and special weapons that were very advanced by the time but too few, too flawed and to unpracticable to make a difference against the allies' air and naval domination and far superior numbers, ressources and logistics.

    And the Alliance was never the underdog against Sylvanas' horde despite what the writers, very poorly, tried to make us believe, since the Alliance had the numbers, ressources, technology and naval advantages and was winning the war by Tides of Vengeance.

    The Horde being so much more reliant on special weapons such as the Forsaken's Blight and other biological weapons, mana bombs, enslaved gigantic war beasts such as proto-drakes or magnataurs or gronns, than the Alliance is pretty telling about which faction really has the advantage in terms of size and power in the story.
    Yeah, writers stating that the Alliance was the underdog made no literal sense. Aside from the ever so touted Vindicaar who, at full power, opened a hole in a wall, the Alliance cast is overall stronger just by virtue of who comprises it, ranging from demigods to avatars of great power. Jaina is stated to be stronger than Zul, Rokhan, Talanji, Nathanos, Thalissra and the Speaker of the Horde combined, and is able to quell a fire raging to the point of being able to threated the entirety of Stormwind.
    And that's Jaina alone at the start of BfA. Anduin dismantles Azerite tanks with a single strike of his sword, and then of course Malfurion, made weak by reason of plot alone when the story has him way higher in power than any given living mortal.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Once the United States were in the war and that Soviet Union had properly responded to german invasion Germany wasn't the dominant size anymore, and it was by the moment they were uncertain to win the war that they started to use so many secret and special weapons that were very advanced by the time but too few, too flawed and to unpracticable to make a difference against the allies' air and naval domination and far superior numbers, ressources and logistics.
    Yes once that happend. But there was a stage in the war where they where crushing sovjets and americans where not in it for a couple of years. And you just said it yourself now. ONCE they joined. Before that they (ww2 germans) where pretty strong/steamroling everyone. So you where proving my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    And the Alliance was never the underdog against Sylvanas' horde despite what the writers, very poorly, tried to make us believe, since the Alliance had the numbers, ressources, technology and naval advantages and was winning the war by Tides of Vengeance.
    Yes, but what we think or is cannon lore are 2 different things.
    And at the END of BFA the writers make it out to be that even the combined saurfang horde + whole alliance could not win from sillyretconus.
    So the alliance was the underdog ( lore wise) , and in your logic should use the weapons. that fact that they did not says enough about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    The Horde being so much more reliant on special weapons such as the Forsaken's Blight and other biological weapons, mana bombs, enslaved gigantic war beasts such as proto-drakes or magnataurs or gronns, than the Alliance is pretty telling about which faction really has the advantage in terms of size and power in the story.
    yes, what we know and think does not matter. In our logic the alliance has both void gates, lightforged teleporter pads, mole machines to move army's or bombs into horde places. Or the flying death star. So they could win easy. that fact they do not says enough about the writing.

    And why does the horde not use the weapons? ( what the thread is about). same reason as the alliance. BAD writing! They went to the Jar Jar abrams skool of writing stuff and xplosions the micheal bay M'armican style.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, writers stating that the Alliance was the underdog made no literal sense. Aside from the ever so touted Vindicaar who, at full power, opened a hole in a wall, the Alliance cast is overall stronger just by virtue of who comprises it, ranging from demigods to avatars of great power. Jaina is stated to be stronger than Zul, Rokhan, Talanji, Nathanos, Thalissra and the Speaker of the Horde combined, and is able to quell a fire raging to the point of being able to threated the entirety of Stormwind.
    And that's Jaina alone at the start of BfA. Anduin dismantles Azerite tanks with a single strike of his sword, and then of course Malfurion, made weak by reason of plot alone when the story has him way higher in power than any given living mortal.
    Much of what they stated in BFA didn't make sense, just like the War of Thorns, burning of Teldrassil, Anduin being High King and the whole Derek Proudmoore and Calia Menethil issues didn't make sense.

    The Alliance was never the underdog and restrained both in its means used during the war and in its retaliation against the Horde, and the writers were really stupid to try to make us believe otherwise.

  9. #109
    Why does anyone use swords anymore? Or anything in that regard? Battles in wow (IF they would take technology and magic seriously) would have NO melee people ever anywhere.
    Fights would be like WW2 with trenches, airraids and such.

    We have Guns, Energy Weapons, Magic that can basically eradicate a whole army with one spell, biological weapons than can destroy whole cities, catapults with 10km range, fucking spaceships. An there are Harrold "the rusty sword" Human and Olaf "the broken axe" Orc running in like maniacs when in the next second they have either a bullet in the head (freaking machine guns), get melted by a freaking instant plague out of a tin, blasted from space or shot with a flying ship manned by one women with energy weapons all while a shit ton of banshees fly around incorporeal and suck you dry.

    TLDR: Don't think about it. FF14 has the same problem. If you move away from high fantasy and introduce modern aspects you need to just ignore it or the whole warfare does not make sense anymore. Hell farmers in westfall have frekaing robots who make everything for them. Why ARE there farmers anymore?
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-06-24 at 08:09 PM.

  10. #110
    And even better yet, why aren't they utilizing the Breaker forces that joined them in BfA?


    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-26 at 04:58 PM.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  11. #111
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    We have an aircraft carrier in Nazmir during the Alliance assault.

    Tbh I think it would make us too powerful vs the Alliance, only the Alliance are allowed to have powerful things
    Yup...so fun having powerful things we never use lol
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  12. #112
    I'd just advise against any power level comparison, really.

    Power levels are as high as the story demands anyway, and the army size as well.

    You can argue about singular troops being present at any given time at any given place, but it's hard to say what goes where when Sylvanas pushed the War of Thorns to have a plausible leverage against the Alliance due to dwindling numbers and inferior military power, only for the Horde to be the dominant force as the Kul Tiran campaign starts all the way up to the Orgrimmar gates and Sylvanas fleeing.

    It just doesn't add up. And neither does whatever reinforcements could be gotten by the Mag'hars, who the Horde recruits on their very last leg. Their numbers can't be higher than Void Elves, we're talking dozens, maybe a couple hundreds top.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And even better yet, why aren't they utilizing the Breaker forces that joined them in BfA?


    This reminds me of the Botanis and Sabrerons that arrived on Azeroth by the same portal, maybe at least the Botanis may eventually befriend the Night Elves and join the Alliance.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    This reminds me of the Botanis and Sabrerons that arrived on Azeroth by the same portal, maybe at least the Botanis may eventually befriend the Night Elves and join the Alliance.
    Highly possible, as they are at war with the Breakers (Horde).
    Saberon are more likely to go Horde as they are more tribal in nature.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And even better yet, why aren't they utilizing the Breaker forces that joined them in BfA?


    Some Breakers are used in the attack on Stormsong Valley. I guess there are problems using them for "complex" operations.

    Aside from this: Most production of the Horde is modified for their normal shematics. Resources weren't really splendind. Also Mag'har technology might not be such a fit in the faction war. You might even argue the Gunships are superiors to anything Draenor ever produced in warfare.

  16. #116
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,569
    Probably for aesthetic reasons. The Iron Star and the Iron Horde's technology was designed to look villainous, with black metal and especially sharp edges. It screams "villain faction", moreso than the playable Horde aesthetics already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The Blood Elves use Anima Golems from Throne of Thunder, but the Anima Golems didn't look aesthetically villainous. They could fight on the Horde player's side and players wouldn't be confused.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Also Mag'har technology might not be such a fit in the faction war.
    What are you talking about? it was designed for war.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  18. #118
    Because Blizz wants us to forget everything that ever happened in wod...

  19. #119
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yeah not really. Horde shouldn't even have an army anymore at this point. Horde has been broken down soo many times last expansions. Yet you guys are apperently just as strong as the alliance still.

    Logically you should be stomped over by us Alliance by now.
    It's like the Alliance has nuclear capabilities...they threaten with them...but they rarely commit anything more than foot soldiers when war comes along because of the story. Which makes the Alliance look like morons because they stood by as not one but two genocidal maniacs have taken control of the Horde and racked up a massive death count in their wakes while a large majority just goes with it.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2021-06-26 at 08:44 PM.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  20. #120
    It also reminds me of how the war golems with special abilities made by the Dark Iron Dwarves, with the ability to produce elemental attacks or poisons or arcane, such as the ones of the Omnotron Defense System, haven't been shown and used in the story since the Dark Irons joined their cousins and the Alliance though there is definitively potential with them and they could do some awesome things by working with their Bronzebeard cousins and the Gnomes to exploit that vein.

    Same for the Arcane Nullifiers and many other inventions made by the Gnomes that aren't being exploited by the Alliance in the story, or only in Gnome-only quests.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •