Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I feel like every thread I make requires a disclaimer, so here it is again: I love WoW. I've been playing it since I was 13 in early TBC. This is my opinion. You have yours. Let's have a discussion. I'm not attacking your very soul just because I disgaree.

Now, I ask you honestly, do you enjoy questing? I find myself asking more and more...why don't mobs hit hard? I really don't understand why Blizzard even make mobs charge up big attacks when they don't even take 10% off your health. I've stood in things I shouldn't stand in countless time just to try and feel like I'm atleast in some kind of danger. Why go to the effort of animating things you apparently should move out of, when you don't need to move out at all?

Maybe that's what they're going for now, and I'm sure a lot of people like a relaxing experience. But what is so wrong with encouraging a little thought? Instead of pulling mobs without a care in the world, why not turn questing from a brain dead slog into something that can actually keep you on your toes. I'm not asking for a brutal challenge...I'm asking for any challenge at all. It's not hard to move out of the kind of things quest mobs throw at you. Why shouldn't those things take atleast 25% of your health off?

Every second mob should charge up an attack that you have to move out of, or casts something you NEED to interrupt or you lose 25-50% of your health. Because, why not? Why must questing be pulling mobs and doing the same rotation over and over just waiting till they die. Can you really be honest and say you enjoy when you pull an extra mob in this game? It's just a chore because it's mindless.

MAKE ME MOVE OUT OF SOMETHING. Rares and elites can be soloed. What is that? Wouldn't you like some other kind of combat than just seeing a mob, running over to it and pressing the same buttons you have before while standing still until its dead without any threats to your character whatsoever?
    You make an excellent case as of why you're dissatisfied, and I have no intention to change that.

I just feel It's never going to be changed to be what you desire, in any way, shape or form.
    Questing was more difficult back in vanilla, because once you had leveled, you were done. There were no endgame back then. But patch after patch, that changed, and peoples attitude changed towards questing over time. It was no longer the challenge. It's now the device that drives the story towards the endgame.

Therefore, to cater to more people, the challenge of questing was loosened.

But seeing that it take less than a day of game time to get from 50 to 60, You'll be a the challenging point of the game in no time.

Questing has to be tuned to somebody in questing greens from BfA, the people levelling up now are in full epic gear, i didn't get gear upgrades until level 55 (And i was in emissary-gear, nothing special), so anybody who spent any time playing BfA is quite overgeared for levelling until level 57 at least.

Op should have tried wildstar for challenging leveling, too bad it was too challenging for average ppl and died
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Op should have tried wildstar for challenging leveling, too bad it was too challenging for average ppl and died
    Wildstar dieing had nothing to do with being challening mmo. It was actualy reason why many people started playing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like every thread I make requires a disclaimer, so here it is again: I love WoW. I've been playing it since I was 13 in early TBC. This is my opinion. You have yours. Let's have a discussion. I'm not attacking your very soul just because I disgaree.

Now, I ask you honestly, do you enjoy questing? I find myself asking more and more...why don't mobs hit hard? I really don't understand why Blizzard even make mobs charge up big attacks when they don't even take 10% off your health. I've stood in things I shouldn't stand in countless time just to try and feel like I'm atleast in some kind of danger. Why go to the effort of animating things you apparently should move out of, when you don't need to move out at all?

Maybe that's what they're going for now, and I'm sure a lot of people like a relaxing experience. But what is so wrong with encouraging a little thought? Instead of pulling mobs without a care in the world, why not turn questing from a brain dead slog into something that can actually keep you on your toes. I'm not asking for a brutal challenge...I'm asking for any challenge at all. It's not hard to move out of the kind of things quest mobs throw at you. Why shouldn't those things take atleast 25% of your health off?

Every second mob should charge up an attack that you have to move out of, or casts something you NEED to interrupt or you lose 25-50% of your health. Because, why not? Why must questing be pulling mobs and doing the same rotation over and over just waiting till they die. Can you really be honest and say you enjoy when you pull an extra mob in this game? It's just a chore because it's mindless.

MAKE ME MOVE OUT OF SOMETHING. Rares and elites can be soloed. What is that? Wouldn't you like some other kind of combat than just seeing a mob, running over to it and pressing the same buttons you have before while standing still until its dead without any threats to your character whatsoever?
    Meh, not every class is tankable or has high maneuverability to avoid being in melee while casting or can kite and cast at a decent damage pace. You're just leveling at the end of the day, it doesn't need to be the chore it used to be. Really the challenge these days is leveling at a decent pace which involves juggling multiple add's at the same time which can kill you pretty quickly if they stack up and you don't have enough clear or regen to deal with it.

I do agree that elites which are designed to take like 3 people should not be able to be solo'd. Getting a quest that says it needs 3-5 people on my hunter and just yolo'ing it alone is silly.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-26 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Come one mate, that’s just a stupid answer.
    Fitting for a stupid question.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Mobs hit hard. It poses a challenge, albeit not the greatest one. Pulling 4 = dead for a lot of specs.

It's your problem and your problem alone that you went questing in 130+ ilvl instead of normal ~52 ilvl. You fucking outgear the content and then complain it's too easy? Well...
    Actually, I went into questing with Mythic battle for dazar'alor gear because that's when I last played WoW. I replaced all my gear with quest rewards as soon as I got them. So I'm now wearing all the gear that Blizzard intended me to wear, even the weapons. Still no challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    If you want more of a challenge, un-equip your gear. Simple as that.
    What a ridiculous idea. I've never understood this gimp yourself to make the game a certain way mentality. So I should forfeit the enjoyment of all quests rewards because I made a thread about wanting at least SOME challenge in questing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You can make it harder by pulling more. Dynamic difficulty.
    The only real challenge there is the leash mechanic unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your item level? If you're in gear from 90+ while questing then you've outgeared the leveling in Shadowlands. If you level from scratch without heirlooms you'll be in ~80ish gear and when a quest says "bring a group of 3" it will actually give you a hard time.

I tried leveling my undergeared alt through instead of my main and the difference was pretty noticeable. The gear my main was in lasted me until 60, the gear my alt was in was replaced at every quest reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Whats your item level? If you're in gear from 90+ while questing then you've outgeared the leveling in Shadowlands. If you level from scratch without heirlooms you'll be in ~80ish gear and when a quest says "bring a group of 3" it will actually give you a hard time.

I tried leveling my undergeared alt through instead of my main and the difference was pretty noticeable. The gear my main was in lasted me until 60, the gear my alt was in was replaced at every quest reward.
    I started Bastion in gear from Mythic Battle for Dazar'alor. I quickly replaced all my gear with quest rewards and now I'm in basically full questing gear. You really think [3] player mobs are hard? Pop all your CD's and you can do it easily, really without even coming close to dying. What spec are you? (fury warr here)

Edit: I started in roughly ivl 80 gear and am now 91 due to questing gear.
    Last edited by Season2mask; 2020-11-26 at 02:44 PM.

What a ridiculous idea. I've never understood this gimp yourself to make the game a certain way mentality. So I should forfeit the enjoyment of all quests rewards because I made a thread about wanting at least SOME challenge in questing?
    So wait, other people's enjoyment of their leveling success is not as important as yours?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard obviously can't design the leveling experience to make it challenging for people that massively outgear it +have several years of experience playing the game already. Newer players would get deleted. Besides, we are considered being champions and heroes now. Struggling during leveling when we just recently killed an old god? Weeelll.

OP, I've enjoyed lvling this time around. I love that it's super easy and that I can destroy large packs of mobs, rare elites etc. The challenging content will come later.

I ain't having a very easy time on my ilvl 84 alt.

But if I want challenge, I'll actually seek it where it's supposed to be. Was prepared to be challenged by Classic's leveling, and it was a damned easy snoozefest. The only way it can pose a challenge is to really bad/idiotic players.

My experience is that people complain if things are difficult, so things get nerfed until you can afk... People are already complaining about torghast even though I don't find it particularly challenging atm. I'm afraid they will nerf it so it becomes another snoozefest.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Mobs are in fact harder, especially on the 60 level. With questing/Mythic BFA gear they can be really dangerous if you pull +3-4 more.

Or just Assassination sucks, which can be a case also...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    OP I think you want Classic.
    This, basically. While the game may not be as smooth if you want to die while questing Classic can offer that for you. I can appreciate the charms of Classic, but in retail I prefer to just get to the "regular" game after questing. I can take my time going back to quests for rep, or whatever, once I'm in the content I like.

I'm reasonably sure Blizz accepts/supports this as the model of their own game. Blah blah, the real adventure begins at 60, I mean 70, I mean 80, I mean 85, I mean 90, I mean 110, nope 120, I mean 60.

Just play as enhancement shaman and you'll be low on hp after every mob.

Because questing has nothing to do with challenging at least when new exp arrives, its just about story telling and Blizzard make sure that even the most casual players are able to go through It all

There is a small line between challenging and Boring and Blizzard dont like to take risks

10+ Year Old Account
    I started Bastion in gear from Mythic Battle for Dazar'alor. I quickly replaced all my gear with quest rewards and now I'm in basically full questing gear. You really think [3] player mobs are hard? Pop all your CD's and you can do it easily, really without even coming close to dying. What spec are you? (fury warr here)

Edit: I started in roughly ivl 80 gear and am now 91 due to questing gear.
    Ah, the plate probably helps. I was playing a mage. Autoattacks hurt if you take too many with cruddy gear and you have limited ways to heal yourself. Warriors have a little better sustain.

If there was actual rewards for levelling, as in something compelling, then yes. But until there is something that justifies being slowed down, then no. As it stands 99% of WoW's content is endgame content, and getting to it is the only thing that matters because unless you're doing content at max level you're essentially wasting time.

Look at the lauded Classic levelling system. Levelling was not in any way, shape or form, difficult on PvE servers. It's monotonous on PvP servers because there's always a higher level somewhere willing to kill you to make himself feel better. But it isn't difficult. You can't pull as much as you can on live because you don't have half the utility tools you have today, but it isn't mechanically difficult in the slightest. It's just a slog. The reward? Nothing, and it's why almost everyone who's interested in actually playing at a remotely decent level rushes to endgame because that's where the content actually is. It's why people were AoE grinding SM and ZF at launch, because it was more efficient to do to get to 60.