Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

To be honest, Anduin is the cancer of story.

He is the worst written character since 1994.He occupies a lot of story resources.

EVERY character will eventually serve this boring Mary Sue.

-----------------------

lol,Alliance fans... of course you like Anduin,but don't forget how you used to treat Thrall.Remember guys when people used to complain how Thrall was a Mary Sue for being a powerful shaman? I wish that people were complaining now about Jaina Tyande and Anduin getting DBZ powers.BTW,Sylvanas is no longer Horde character after 8.25.

“Green Jesus this...Green Jesus that...” "Mary Sue" “Horder bias” “blizz favor horde too much” “why quest with horde npc?”"Why am I going to save Horde leader"...

you compained over and over again during cata.

after that?

Khadgar---Whitehair Jesus(6.0 pre-patch 6.2)
    Velen---WhiteBeard Jesus(7.2 7.3)
    Malfurion---GreenBeard Jesus(7.0)
    Turalyon---Light Jesus(7.3)
    Alleria---Void Jesus(7.3)
    Tyrande---Moon Jesus(7.0)
    Magni---Diamond Jesus(BfA)
    Now we have Anduin---Jesus of Jesuses
    Everyone looks like The boy king's servant.

since the Shadowland pre-patch, all 3 alliance leader show feat of strength while the horde leader just got beat over and over…We go in the maw,we found Jaina all good fighting them while Baine and Thrall are just powerless.Finally the Jailer attack them and once again the horde leader got beat while Anduin got a ‘‘heroic’’ moment.

--------------------------

Thrall had never been involved in Alliance affairs.
    There was no Alliance leaders around him and SERVE him.

Now every Horde leader is Anduin's bxxch,even THE GREAT THRALL. How ironic.
    Last edited by TrueHorde; 2020-11-28 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    He is the worst written character since 1994.He occupies a lot of story resources.

Everything about this sounds like it should be Sylvanas.

But somehow her name is written in a really weird way.

Thrall severs Jaina.
    Thrall and Jaina serve their King Anduin.
    Baine?Anduin's pet!worthless!

3+ Year Old Account
    No. He is the best character fully created in WoW and his story and character are well written.

Just wanted to blogpost-answer your blogpost. Make sure to follow me under no-one-knows-what-a-real-Mary-Sue-is-anymore.com
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Thrall severs Jaina.
    Thrall and Jaina serve their King Anduin.
    Baine?Anduin's pet!worthless!
    I thought this post was mocking the OP until I realized that you are the OP.

Do you realize your arguments sound like satire? With a name like TrueHorde I suppose you do.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like him or not anduin is likely the best written and most fleshed out character in all of wow pretty much every other one is underdeveloped or flip flops on developments like Jiana.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This boy king and the other human kings like him play at leadership, when they have so few years of experience! It is in Tyrande we must place our faith, by the Light of Elune, we are guided!

For Teldrassil.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I suspect they were originally going to run with Med'an as the ultimate Mary Sue. The backlash against Med'an was so intense that they removed Med'an from the lore, subbed Anduin in his place, and continued with their plans. That isn't to say they might not change tack and being Med'an back in later.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Like him or not anduin is likely the best written and most fleshed out character in all of wow pretty much every other one is underdeveloped or flip flops on developments like Jiana.
    Being consistently one dimensional =/= well written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

To be honest, Anduin is the cancer of story.
    I don't think you know what cancer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Did someone not like a cutscene or something? Seems like a random thread with no basis as to why they are asserting this opinion.

Anduin is great btw.

5+ Year Old Account

I would like you to build more of a case for your argument.

This is nothing more than a personal rant, or a drunken spew from someone who didn't get their wishes fulfilled.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Being consistently one dimensional =/= well written.
    I mean it’s a good thing he hasn’t been one dimensional then?

How is he a mary sue? first off men aren't called "Mary sue"

Sylvannas is a mary sue, she's made stronger out of no where to defeat whoever she needs to defeat. Anduin is in chains right now he's a prisoner, that's not a mary sue.

Honestly, I liked his character in Pandaria and his relationship with Wrathion. It was like seeing two flawed brothers trying to understand the world around them in different but proactive ways.

Now the problem, IMO, is that Anduin is no longer flawed in the same way. They made him too goodsided for a game where there must always be some conflict between the two main factions.

Same goes for Baine, Thrall, Jaina and Calia, these characters are so unimaginable hollow and uninteresting. Baine especially, his only character trait is being a Tauren.
    Thrall had like 12 story arch conclusions, and they keep bringing him back, he's so dried of any potential, he's a hollow shell of what his character once was 15years ago.
    Anduin had an interesting character development in Pandaria and then that ONE comic in Legion, and that's it, since then he's just a Human King character.

I have no idea why they keep insisting on dragging these soulless "characters" around and making them the main focus on the story. Bring in new ones, we don't care they aren't developed, because neither are these characters, so atleast we'll get to look at new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This boy king and the other human kings like him play at leadership, when they have so few years of experience! It is in Tyrande we must place our faith, by the Light of Elune, we are guided!

For Teldrassil.
    If you want experience, you should look to Velen. Dude led a utopia for thousands of years longer than Tyrande has been alive.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no shame in admitting that Wow might no longer be for you. And there is no shame in walking away.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Oh fuck that...

Anduin's the only reason I still CARE about the Alliance/Horde side of the story.

I can't stand him either... and when you think that they killed Varian for Anduin to step up... Remember Varian and Garrosh? Damn, this were characters, I could not wait for them to meet in combat and they never did. Blizz really has all the capabilities to make the lore great but they somehow make it... not great.